Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

I think the animals jump on Knuckles and carry him away because they really like him. To them he is this cool looking echidna who they just want to play with.

Edited by -Bender-

I take it it was just someone with a review copy who has now been dealt with, since it appears no more leaked content got out over night?

The 30 minute video is still online, so if Sega where to tell them to C and D, wouldn't that video be taken offline?

Hmm, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a new leak surfaces in a few days. Either through text spoilers, or videos.

Edited by Falco

Got to be honest, These new cutscenes are cooking up a storm. This is why I listed them as "Unlisted" in my channel until the release comes around (I temporarly listed them public for 24 hours to see how they go)

Edited by Red
  • Thumbs Up 1

Im late to the party. Kinda glad the leaks stopped. I loved the cutscenes ^^ but from a spanish speaker (latin american spanish, not spanish from spain :P ) I gotta say (no offense to any spanish member here) that was almost unbearable to watch, I only did so to watch the cutscenes. Its just that the accent and the tone sounds almost exactly the same when they are saying something sad or happy , normal , angry. But then again latin american spanish is not like "oh so good" its just "meh" :P So if I had the option Id stick to english or japanese XD

My apologies to any spanish member, I dont have anything against you. in fact I love you all *not in a gay way*

I do find the cutscenes amazing, it seems Amy pushing Knuckles away for the lols is a thing now. Although the little animals carrying him was so charming.

I skipped a few parts in that leaked gameplay since the Lper was staying on the pause menu and in the hub world longer than he needed to be.

While the animals carrying Knuckles away was indeed amusing, I get the feeling someone's going to make a funny comic about taking him to a cooking pot as a form of payback against Sonic for eating the animals as chili dogs.

As for the cutscene with Amy and Knux, well it has me greatly upset. Why, well it's because of their supposed location. Now according to posts in this topic it's assumed they aren't on Lost Hex. Yet look at their surroundings: those trees, the grass... Am I'm supposed to believe that's Green Hill?

Well it could be any number of green, hilly areas.

And seriously. Seriously.

f7B5IIq.png

What part of this looks natural to you. The papercraft palm trees? The geometric flowers? The checkered dirt with tetris block cut-out? Yeah, games since then have tended more towards realism. But from day one GHZ has had a huge element of "artificial" design.

• Thumbs Up 8

While the animals carrying Knuckles away was indeed amusing, I get the feeling someone's going to make a funny comic about taking him to a cooking pot as a form of payback against Sonic for eating the animals as chili dogs.

I thought that too.

I rather liked the Knux and Amy cutscene. I think this is the first time I've seen Amy interact with Sonic without the fawning or attempted flirting in ages. Nice to see.

You know. Seeing Zazz take more hits here, I'm inclined to wonder:

Could it be the multiple lock-on that's causing it? Remember how 3DS version could lock on to single enemy more than once, increasing the power of Homing Attack with each lock on. This Spanish guy never locked on more than once. It was all one lock HAs on Zazz. The other video we've seen... I think that guy locked on at least twice on Zazz before launching a Homing Attack.

At least that's what I remember. And if you look at it, one of the big snail badniks get locked multiple times in the Spanish video. So I think it's like a game of chicken. How long can you keep locking on before you chicken out and fire your premature Homing Attack or can you go for the full lock on hit for more damage on the boss?

Anyways, if that is the case it's not "Zazz is taking more hits now" but "Sonic is doing less damage with his one lock Homing Attacks." I think I like that. Game is daring you. Take risks and wait for more lock ons and you'll get your reward as a shorter stage time. Mmm, speed runs will be crazy on later bosses :D

Edited by sayi50

Even though it's in Spanish, a language I don't speak, the cutscenes kinda remind me of Sonic X. In both cases, Sonic and Amy had normal conversations a majority of the time, Knuckles bragged but was clumsy at the same time, Sonic was serious enough in battle, and the villains have moments talking to Eggman, and go ahead one-by-one to fight Sonic.

The 30 minute video is still online, so if Sega where to tell them to C and D, wouldn't that video be taken offline?

They probably are in a similar boat to Nintendomination where they can post first 30 minutes of a game.

Well, courtesy of SEGA Europe (for some reason...?), it appears that we now have snippets of gameplay footage for both Sky Road and Lava Mountain -- what are almost certainly the endgame areas.

In addition, we have footage of the Hover and Bomb Wisps. Credit to the SSMBer "Sonic CD" for bringing this to attention, albeit in the wrong thread.

So, ladies and gentlemen... what are your thoughts on this?

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 4

So wait, that purple Tropical Coast is actually Lava Mountain? Huh? Does that mean the purple Frozen Factory is Lava Mountain as well? What the hell? Is Eggman's devious plan once he betrays Sonic to turn the entire Lost Hex purple?

• Thumbs Up 3

I noticed this before because of screenshots, but Sky Road really does seem like it's going to be something of a combination of various other worlds in the game. Zone 1(?) is Windy Hill and Zone 2(?) seems to be Desert Ruins-y. Or maybe we'll see multiple tropes in one Zone.

Also that sand slide stuff reminds me of similar gimmicks in the classics (Oil Ocean/Sandopolis) as well as the end of Cannon's Core in Sonic Adventure 2.

That wall running bit in Lava Mountain looks dangerous, not only because of the lava but I THINK a boulder flies past, so if you jumped between the walls at that moment you'd be screwed. Awesome.

...Yeeah, I really need to start avoiding footage now. XD

So wait, that purple Tropical Coast is actually Lava Mountain? Huh? Does that mean the purple Frozen Factory is Lava Mountain as well? What the hell? Is Eggman's devious plan once he betrays Sonic to turn the entire Lost Hex purple?

No, I think the title of the video just doesn't mention Tropical Coast, that's all. Edited by Sonic Omochao

Credit to the SSMBer "Sonic CD" for bringing this to attention, albeit in the wrong thread.

So, ladies and gentlemen... what are your thoughts on this?

Sorry about that...x.x Won't happen again. 

And I really like the music in Lava Mountain. Lava Mountain seems like it'll be a fun level to play through, but I'm not really sure how I feel about Sky Road. I think I'll have to play through it, but I like the music for it as well.

I noticed this before because of screenshots, but Sky Road really does seem like it's going to be something of a combination of various other worlds in the game. Zone 1(?) is Windy Hill and Zone 2(?) seems to be Desert Ruins-y. Or maybe we'll see multiple tropes in one Zone.

Also that sand slide stuff reminds me of similar gimmicks in the classics (Oil Ocean/Sandopolis) as well as the end of Cannon's Core in Sonic Adventure 2.

That wall running bit in Lava Mountain looks dangerous, not only because of the lava but I THINK a boulder flies past, so if you jumped between the walls at that moment you'd be screwed. Awesome.

...Yeeah, I really need to start avoiding footage now. XD

No, I think the title of the video just doesn't mention Tropical Coast, that's all.

But Tropical Coast is a different color and it looks a lot more difficult than Tropical Coast Zone

Not to mention that the title pretty specifically states Lava Mountain Zone and I kind of doubt they'd shove Tropical Coast in there for no reason

Sky Road and Lava Mountain look hard as fuck.

I love it.

Also YES HOVER IS BACK. That cowboy music in the Bomb video is so out of place but I LOVE IT. SEGAAAA.

Edited by Spooky Mr. Bones