Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Well, I just got my copy of the Sonic Lost World prequel comic. Info in spoiler tag.

• Seems like Amy and Knuckles are actually on Earth. Sonic asked Knuckles to stay with Amy and asked Tails to come with him. 
  • Eggman calls the Spongebob magic conch  shell he use "The exceedingly rare, and completely worth it, Cacophonic Conch."
  • After Zavok takes over Eggman badniks, he says "It's been some time since I got to play with someone else's machines. Very creative designs." I wonder who else machines he took over before Eggman came along...

Uh a few ideas:

Gerald?

G.U.N.?

Ancient Babylonians?

Ancient Echidnas?

Either way, if something like that gets expanded upon in game we might actually see more going on with these guys

Edited by Panda Cero

Well, I just got my copy of the Sonic Lost World prequel comic. Info in spoiler tag.

• Seems like Amy and Knuckles are actually on Earth. Sonic asked Knuckles to stay with Amy and asked Tails to come with him. 
  • Eggman calls the Spongebob magic conch  shell he use "The exceedingly rare, and completely worth it, Cacophonic Conch."
  • After Zavok takes over Eggman badniks, he says "It's been some time since I got to play with someone else's machines. Very creative designs." I wonder who else machines he took over before Eggman came along...

Ooo, that last part has me really interested, assuming it's a hint for something in the game itself.

Really "out there" speculation based on that last point:

...Gerald Robotnik, perhaps? We don't know EVERYTHING he was up to 50 years ago, and for all we know the Zeti age a lot differently than humans.

god dangit Cero you beat me to it

So, I dont know if anyone brought this up already, but now we know that you'll fight the Deadly Six at the end of stages, and that Super Sonic is also playable during all the stages, does this mean we'll finally be able to use Super Sonic on a boss fight again?

So, I dont know if anyone brought this up already, but now we know that you'll fight the Deadly Six at the end of stages, and that Super Sonic is also playable during all the stages, does this mean we'll finally be able to use Super Sonic on a boss fight again?

If so... I wonder if he'll deal double damage like he did in Sonic 4: Episode 2?

Just imagine Sonic turning Super during the first boss fight, just standing there letting Zazz charge into him.

Edited by Dumbledore
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think they will carry what they did in sonic4 ep2 in which they placed 50 or something closed to it rings in the boss level and it allows you to go super.

Oh, we're bring up comic spoilers?

I'll copy/pasta what I put a week ago;

-Sonic and Tails are chasing Eggman in the air, where Sonic tells Eggman to drop the animals.

-Cut to many days earlier. Eggman, Orbot and Cubot get to Lost Hex, Eggman clearly having plans for the place.
-The trio land, and not long after talking to each other about what they're doing, Zavok confronts thems.
-Zavok threatens them, but Eggman sets his buzzbombers on him.
-Zavok dodges the blast, recovers and uses his powers to hijack said buzzbombers, bringing them to his side.
-Zavok remarks that it's been a long time since he got to "play with someone else's machines", and even compliments Eggman on their design.
-While Orbot and Cubot worry, this phases Eggman none as he brings out the conch shell of doom. It seems to work just by disrupting the psychic connection between the Zeti and the machines. Zavok is brought to his knees by persistent blows.
-Zavok eventually relents and calls him master. He reveals his name to Eggman after being asked, and Eggman tells him to get the other Zeti.
-Later, all of the Deadly Six approach a group of frolicking animals (they're not on Lost Hex now), shove them into a capsule and let Eggman take it. Zavok comments how the work is beneath them.
-Later still (a few hours before page 1), Sonic is running through Green Hill Zone when he notices that there are no animals around.
-The Miles Electric he has on him (I think all of Tails' associates have one now) goes off, and Tails tells Sonic about the lack of animals around him as well.
-Apparently everyone has noticed it, but Amy managed to find a lead, so Sonic heads off to Tails.
-Tails is with Amy and Knuckles, Amy trying to comfort a Picky. Tails tries to talk to Sonic to tell him his location.
-Sonic arrives with the group at record pace. Tails is shocked, Amy has a semi-Marilyn Monroe moment and is amused, and Knuckles has the Picky jump up and latch to his face in fear.
-Amy tells Sonic that she had been searching all day and just found the one animal. It told her that the others were caught in large "metal eggs" and then taken up to the sky.
-"If that's not Eggman, I'll eat the Master Emerald!". Sonic doesn't doubt it. 

-Sonic assures the Picky that his friends will be found.

-He tells Amy to round up any other animals she sees and keep an eye on them. 

-He asks Knuckles to stay to provide some protection. Knux agrees, and they fist-bump while the exchange happens. 

-Sonic tells Tails to come with him. They're both thinking that if the animals were taken into the sky, the best place to look for Eggman is in the air. 

-As they look for Eggman, Sonic points out several clouds. He acts like a hyper child here, and Tails has an appropriate facial expression for it. 

-Tails has built an Eggman-specific radar in his Tornado, which picks up on Eggman.

-"You've got an Eggman-specific radar?" "After all we've been through?" "Touché". 

-They spot him, and the next five pages play out like the opening cutscene but with a bit more dialogue.

-Sonic insists that they should catch up when it lands, since they have to land the Tornado now as it has a hole in a wing. 

-They spot Lost Hex ahead. They plan to land on it, but Tails warns that the landing will be bumpy.

-The next pages say to buy the game to continue the adventure.

You know what would be cool? Of that prologue scene in the comic was an unlockable in the game. I'd love to see it in motion, even if it's ingame cutscenes as opposed to pore rendered CG scenes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm disappointed in the lack of Tropical Coast Zone 4, since that's apparently the other zone that reviewers are allowed to preview

• Thumbs Up 1

After seeing that I am disappointed even more with the lack of exploration in this game. If you look below there is a perfectly good area to run around in but sadly you are stuck above lost hex on these mini planet like structures that resemble of what is below them. So essentially sonic isn't playing on lost hex hes above it which is a shame.

I'm disappointed in the lack of Tropical Coast Zone 4, since that's apparently the other zone that reviewers are allowed to preview

What's even worse than that, they didn't even show off the Zomom or Master Zik boss fight. It's like one massive cocktease.

What's even worse than that, they didn't even show off the Zomom or Master Zik boss fight. It's like one massive cocktease.

Uh, the boss fights are in acts 2 and 4...I'm stupid. But still, you do realise there's an embargo, right? He can't just show whatever he wants. Showign off Zomom would probably get him in shit with SEGA. Whic, you know

Isn't something you  want to do when they're kind enoguh to give you a review copy

Also, what the fuck. The tower section just plays the same music as the outside section. No jazzy slower version or anything. Come on, guys ):<

Not only that, but you enter the tower, climb up, reach the top, and... you're back in the desert. You don't start at the top or anything, you're just teleported back down. Multiple times.

I know I shouldn't be bothered by this but just

ugh

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just imagine Sonic turning Super during the first boss fight, just standing there letting Zazz charge into him.

So basically.... the Knuckles fight in S3&K....

So...is the wing item some kind of super-guide-esque "skip to the next checkpoint" thing?

After seeing that I am disappointed even more with the lack of exploration in this game. If you look below there is a perfectly good area to run around in

It's a static backdrop that couldn't possibly function as a level.

So essentially sonic isn't playing on lost hex hes above it which is a shame.

You don't stop being on a planet just because you aren't at ground level.
  • Thumbs Up 5

What's with the random Ring monitor in the Desert Ruins level??? It's weird considering the modern Ten Ring is everywhere else in the game.

And I just noticed that in the 2D areas the checkpoints are posts like in the classic games rather than a gate, wow...that's probably been obvious to everyone else for ages, ahaha D;

Also why is it he gets points from destroying some enemies but not others? I notice it a few times in the video. It's weird.

Edited by Sonic Omochao

So...is the wing item some kind of super-guide-esque "skip to the next checkpoint" thing?

It's a static backdrop that couldn't possibly function as a level.

You don't stop being on a planet just because you aren't at ground level.

I am positive anyone would rather roam around in a big area like that than to be limited to this cumbersome exploration which is a sorry excuse for a platformer.

Uh, the boss fights are in acts 2 and 4...

He played Desert Ruins Act 2, and when he was about to fight Zomom, he jump cutted to another level because spoilers, same thing at the end of the video where he was about to fight Zik

Edit- The badniks that shoot drills of their heads from Hill Top Zone are back!

Edited by Ratcicle King

this is what i get for posting before watching the entire video and just going off of what other people say

i have shamed my family for generations to come

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

I am positive anyone would rather roam around in a big area like that

A big, flat, collisionless background texture. Even if there was functional geometry there, a huge, undirected, near-empty wasteland wouldn't make for good gameplay. And it's not actually feasible to design several levels of several square miles each.
  • Thumbs Up 1

A big, flat, collisionless background texture. Even if there was functional geometry there, a huge, undirected, near-empty wasteland wouldn't make for good gameplay. And it's not actually feasible to design several levels of several square miles each.

Yeah it is banjo kazooie nuts and bolts has huge levels. Also, for the lack of common sense it would have enemies and objects as such so yeah anyone other than yourself would want to roam around in a bigger area with things to do rather than this secluded boxed up area.

Edited by Sonic 1

I wasn't getting peoples' complaints about motion sickness before, but god damn the cloud bit in frozen factory looks really disorienting