Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

I actually think either the jacket will be perfectly fine if there is one, or as someone mentioned,if you are going for a bit of comedy, what if he wears it for comfort, but when having to do things, he ends up wrecking a lot of jackets from the spinning as well and its a common theme going from episode to episode. I could see that working honestly. That he thinks it looks badass to wear one, but he is constantly wrecking them and needs new ones or to get them constantly repaired.

As for the shoes, I had always subscribed to that fact that the shoes were what helped his feet and if you eliminate the shoes you make him very weak and vulnerable because he would hurt his feet otherwise. That was at least for my own personal views, but it may not work that way of course.

I think that, whatever the internal logic of the series has, characters spin-dashing in clothes doesn't go against it.

In case y'all are interested, here's the showreel of the animation studio that is making Sonic Boom:

http://www.genao-productions.com/#!/fr/page/11/showreel

Quite a bit of CG animation. Not sure what to think of the quality.

Their stuff is actually really good! The visuals are lovely. Simplified, but still got a nice amount of detail. Colour me excited.

In case y'all are interested, here's the showreel of the animation studio that is making Sonic Boom:

http://www.genao-productions.com/#!/fr/page/11/showreel

Quite a bit of CG animation. Not sure what to think of the quality.

Don't know what you mean about the quality, models look nice, style and textures look good, animation is high quality. Maybe the human kids look a little poor but the style of this show is definitly gonna be closer to what they show in the animal clips.

I'm pretty confident this'll at least look good.

Maybe I just have unreasonably high standards or something; none of those 3D animations or designs appealed to me in the slightest.

The 2D ones were alright for the most part. Then again, I suppose I prefer 2D animation over 3D animation in general. No need to take my opinion too seriously here.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Their work on non-human characters certainly seems to hold together a lot better than their humans. Let's pray that Maria never makes an appearance in this show.

Sonic is probably wearing a life jacket and one of the episodes will be Eggman stealing it and Sonic has to go through the Aquatic Ruin Zone to get it back.

...Anyway, I found another one of these silhouette prediction things.

130bf3ae4bde3b225a07921e4905189e-d6p14f7

Source: http://fav.me/d6p14f7

Not too bad, I really like Amy's design.

Sonic, Tails and Amy all looks good. Knuckles is the only one that stands out the most and I'm having so much trouble adjusting to this new design. Hopefully they'll still have time to change it.

Edited by sonfan1984

.... meh.

I mean, I love the background and all, but the silhouettes look just a bit weird (except Knuckles, he looks plain freaky). Also, a comedy show aimed at 6-11 year olds, with only 11 minutes in each episode? That sounds really boring, and may be hard for older fans to watch. But oh well, I don't have to like it.

It's a bit of a shame tho, I loved Sonic X and I was looking forward to another show (anime, preferably). Let's just see how the characters actually turn out, and cross our fingers they're not as different as they seem. I don't see how a huge difference between their in-game designs and Sonic Boom designs could be beneficial.

Really I'm warming up to Buffles. At first I was like, "Oh god what is that" but all these fan designs are convincing me that maybe, just maybe, it won't be too bad after all. So long as he's got cartoonish wideness rather than actual muscle definition I think he'll fit in fine.

I never really minded Buffles that much honestly, mainly because I kinda like the idea of him being visually distinct body wise to the rest of the cast.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not even the fact that he is "buff" now that totally bothers me.  Just the shape of his body looks weird.  His chest just like... stretches out oddly and doesn't look like it should fit his head.  But really, that probably has something to do with the fact that it's in silhouette form.

When can we expect to see more of this? I'd really love to know how the characters actually look.

When can we expect to see more of this? I'd really love to know how the characters actually look.

I'd hope we get something in the Spring if nothing else.

Failing that, I anticipate they'll showcase something related to this at Sonic Boom or Summer of Sonic. My guess being Sonic Boom since that's the company-run event and so tends to get the really juicy stuff as memory serves.

I won't be surprised if we at least get to see the first episode before the show actually launches in the Fall. As I recall it's standard fare for the first of anything to get to break the release date so as to build hype.

I think It isn't Knuckles... I really think it is Knuckles the Werechidna!

I can't imagine Knuckles looking so...big... like Storm the Albatross...yeah....

Stop feeding him chaos drives now please! ( I really hope the silhouette is inaccurate!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, Amy and Cream freaking spin-dash in dresses. Tails often has his tails sticking out in ball form when by all forms of logic that shouldn't even be possible, and the same goes for Cream with her ears.

You wanna call spinning around in jackets or other clothing something that will probably look really dumb, why don't you start with the above first? And that's before I go listing every other potentially stupid thing.

I guess the reason I think it'd look dumb is because, compared to characters like Cream or Amy or Charmy who already had clothing for so long and its just a norm of their design, Sonic just looks weird wearing clothing whenever he's spent the last 20 years not wearing them.

And yeah I know that seems like a dumb reason, but its also that I just like the simplicity of Sonic's design enough that I think that an extra piece of clothing that's not just something he wears every now and then (like his goofy OVA clothes could've been, for example) just seems like a bit too much.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, uh... What about Eggman?

uncannyvalley_zpsb499e2c2.jpg

Oh my God, no!

Dr. Eggman is a lot more stylized than that, so I think he's safe.

...Anyway, I found another one of these silhouette prediction things.

130bf3ae4bde3b225a07921e4905189e-d6p14f7

Source: http://fav.me/d6p14f7

Not too bad, I really like Amy's design.

Not bad. Sonic's vest reminds me a bit of Manic. I also like how Knuckles appears to be wearing cesti (cestuses? caestus?), although his nose could stand to be longer in my opinion.

I love how everyone's gradually coming around to the vest idea and we don't even know for sure he's even wearing one :P

I can already see a minor backlash if it turns out he doesn't have one "Aw, but I really liked the vest"

I think It isn't Knuckles... I really think it is Knuckles the Werechidna!

I can't imagine Knuckles looking so...big... like Storm the Albatross...yeah....

Stop feeding him chaos drives now please! ( I really hope the silhouette is inaccurate!)

Erm...

No. Werechidna makes no sense to begin with (Werechidna- Man Echidna, which is basically what Knuckles is anyway), and they wouldn't make knuckles something that makes no sense. How would knuckles get Dark Gaia energy? It's stupid. Stop trying to come up with cockamamy excuses to why Knuckles is like that.

Pretty sure she was joking.

She acts like that all the time though. She's either a troll or really obsessed with Knuckles.