Awoo.

Capcom Capcom. What's wrong with you?

Remynaka

I am essentially with mega going to sega

I think Nintendo would be a far safer bet.  To be honest, we haven't seen any of Sega/Sonic Team's "cartoony" franchises since Samba de Amigo on the Wii, and that was pretty much an updated port.  I'd hate to have Megaman become irrelevent after one or two games under Sega's roof.

So... Anyone wanna take bets on Capcom doing a Sega and only focussing on 3 games?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-europe-to-cut-more-than-half-its-staff/0122059

Ah yes. They're going to focus on their top 3 money makers. Megaman, Resident Evil, and Street Fighter.

What's that? Is there something wrong with my list?

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah yes. They're going to focus on their top 3 money makers. Megaman, Resident Evil, and Street Fighter.

What's that? Is there something wrong with my list?

Ow.

But really, nobody should underestimate Monster Hunter here.

tumblr_mtbu0mHZLA1qzp9weo1_1280.png

>Comparing Vita game sales to 3DS game sales

I'm not doubtng the popularity of Munster Haunter, but I'd like to see a comparion against other 3DS games rather than Vita games.

>Comparing Vita game sales to 3DS game sales

I'm not doubtng the popularity of Munster Haunter, but I'd like to see a comparion against other 3DS games rather than Vita games.

The point is that a series of 2 games has sold more than the total amount of Vita games. Hell, MH3U 3DS came out when the 3DS was still "doomed" and it still sold more than most Vita games.

Edited by PSI Wind

...I know that, and my point was that comparing Vita game sales to Munster Haunter 3DS sales is a ludicrous way to try and prove a point, especially when it's only focusing on Japan where sstores actually refused to stock Vita's because it didn't have Munster Haunter on it.

They can't make a comeback on the Japanese sales of a single franchise alone.

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure Street Fighter, the VS. games, Pheonix Wright, and Resident Evil kinda keep Capcom alive in addition to Monster Hunter, but that's about it. 

Then again, SEGA ain't that much better, as Sonic feels like the only SEGA series still standing today, Yakuza to some degree to. Bayonetta as almost a goner. I think their are still Shining Force games going on, but they certainly haven't came over here, or they were just outright ignored here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 years later...
On 9/16/2013 at 2:42 PM, Indigo Rush said:

In a wacky world, Capcom goes under and then Comcept buys them out, leaving Keiji Inafune to run the joint.

Sigh,  it's amazing how ironic that line has grown with time. 

On 9/16/2013 at 5:54 PM, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Hey speaking of "rare", how's Rare been doing lately since getting bought by Microsoft?;)

Sorry I couldn't resist the joke.

Oh look,  my first ever liked post that I made here on SSMB,  heh,  good times. 

• The topic was locked