Awoo.

Capcom Capcom. What's wrong with you?

Remynaka

Can't say I'm surprised by this after all the dick moves Capcom made in the past. If they do kick the bucket I at least hope their IP's can get sold to better company's.

That's still extremely impressive and means a lot of money

One successful franchise isn't enough to support a company as big as Capcom. Edited by DaBatGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1

One successful franchise isn't enough to support a company as big as Capcom.

It isn't unless that's the only franchise they plan on continuing. (Expect RE7 to bomb hard)

Edited by Dom

One successful franchise isn't enough to support a company as big as Capcom.

it works for SEGA 

• Thumbs Up 2

It isn't unless that's the only franchise they plan on continuing. (Expect RE7 to bomb hard)

I haven't played RE6, but I did play 5, and while an ok game, it definately is not a good entry in the franchise. They have gotten so far  away from their roots that it just doesnt have the appeal it once did to many people. 4 was a good game as well, alot better than 5, but it still is not a RE game in my opinion. Call me stuck in the past if you want, but I still think RE was better in the older style. It just had a scarier atmosphere and the static camera actually made it scarier. I know there had been talk of a reboot of the RE series, but even then, all these companies keep coming out trying to say survival horror won't sell anymore and unless it is super actiony, nothing sells anymore, which I call BS on really.

If the horrible happens and Capcom does die.. I want Sega to get Mega man. Everyone says Nintendo, but do you think the fathers of Mario would like the comic continue if they bought Rock? It's a pipe dream of mine to wish old Capcom can come and save the day from New Capcom. :c 

it works for SEGA 

Sega actually makes money off more than Sonic, as surprising as it may seem - we just don't see most of it because their localization sucks horribly. They're a lot more popular in Japan from what I understand.

Sega actually makes money off more than Sonic, as surprising as it may seem - we just don't see most of it because their localization sucks horribly. They're a lot more popular in Japan from what I understand.

This is true believe it or not, some games done a lot better in Japan than over hear. The Sakura Wars games for instance were extremely popular over their, and the Valkyria Chronicles games done better over their too.

Sonic is Popular over their, but not THAT popular as in the West.

This is true believe it or not, some games done a lot better in Japan than over hear. The Sakura Wars games for instance were extremely popular over their, and the Valkyria Chronicles games done better over their too.

Sonic is Popular over their, but not THAT popular as in the West.

Pretty much this, sega does some other things but just don't see much profit in some of them here (yakuza being unfortunately in that case).

If Capcom doesn't shape up then the world is going to lose one of the BEST companies ever. Love em or hate em, if you were born between the 80's and late 90's you've heard of them. you played something of theirs, and if you have a soul hearing that the gaming company that shaped so many of our childhoods going under is big news. PFFT I wouldn't be drawing if it wasn't for the beauty Capcom put in their animations/games. Capcom you gotten out of dire money issue before. Show the world that you're still the king of fighters!

I wish I could do something as I REALLY don't want to see Capcom go, so much of my childhood.... shit ALL of it.  All of it was pretty much Capcom. Even down to the freaking Q sound jingles - Yes I know it was in other games Sonic CD to name one - But it was in ALOT of Capcom games. What could they do to fix their image and come back? In the late 90's it was Resident Evil. what could they do now?

Edited by Gewn Naka

• 2 weeks later...

Capcom Europe has cut 50% of it's staff.

Capcom Europe is undergoing a major restructure following a difficult year.

MCV understands more than half of the European arm faces redundancy, with a number of jobs set to merge.

The Western business of Capcom has suffered after a number of its big titles failed to meet expectations.

A spokesperson told MCV: “Following a restructure at its US operation, Capcom’s European organization is currently evaluating its structure to ensure it is in the best position to take advantage of the changing market conditions the industry is facing.”

So... Anyone wanna take bets on Capcom doing a Sega and only focussing on 3 games?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-europe-to-cut-more-than-half-its-staff/0122059

Capcom Europe has cut 50% of it's staff.

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

You don't need that many people to make iOS games.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

You don't need that many people to make iOS games.

Not to mention outsourcing to other developers and not actually creating the games like DmC and Lost Planet 3. -__-

So... Anyone wanna take bets on Capcom doing a Sega and only focusing on 3 games?

Resident Evil, Street Fighter, and...uh...Resident Evil

• Thumbs Up 4

I still enjoy the MvC, Street Fighter and obviously Mega Man games (though I have Mighty No 9 for that now).

Am interested in Monster Hunter. 

Honestly if they do go under all I want is for Street Fighter, MvC, and Mega Man to go to good homes, and with Mega Man I have a preference for him going to Nintendo, since they seem to treat him much better then Capcom does. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

I am essentially with mega going to sega, nintendo, or comcept I know they would all use the IP to the fullest extent though I hope capcom doesn't go under too because I know they must have some plans for the future to make a comeback so hopefully they can stay up till then.