Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: First Cut Scene Now Online

Victoes

Maybe in your mind maybe you should make a fangame if this isn't your cup of tea.

You might hate it for eternity but a majority of the others like it a lot

But I agree with the unleashed artstyle it was impressive but the boost sorta killed it, there's backgrounds and then there's exploration which there wasn't a lot of just mindless boosting even a kid could beat this, generations sorta encouraged it but to me generations was unleashed except less boost heavy and actual platforming we need more of that if it comes out on the X1 in the future

I love the little details - Zomom shamefully twiddling his fingers (It would appear that the sandwich he had in one of the trailers was a gift from Eggman after all :lol:), Sonic somersaulting behind the wall to spy, Eggman proclaiming himself to be compassionate rolleyes.gif, Eggman's silent anger after Sonic kicks the shell away, Orbot and Cubot looking like they're commiserating between themselves what to do in a panicked way...

Fucking finally is Sega confident enough to have Sonic actually be responsible for fuck ups within the plot and not just for the sake of humor.

Unleashed didn't happen?

• Thumbs Up 4

Unleashed didn't happen?

A bait-and-switch is not an unaccounted variable, particularly when whatever kicked off Unleashed's plot was basically Eggman realizing "oh wait, Sonic always kicks my ass".

• Thumbs Up 3

A bait and switch is not an unaccounted variable.

Baiting and switching? No, it was Sonic's arrogance and the way he was absorbed totally into belittling Eggman that led to the world being split. One of his flaws played it's face and was a catalyst for an important plot point. Just like it is here. Part of what made the Werehog more interesting is the fact that it was Sonic's fault that it happened to him in the first place.

Eggman may have 'baited' Sonic to the cannon in the first place but that wasn't the only factor and it was in no way the ultimate catalyst.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, it's good to see they're playing up Sonic's "acting before thinking" flaw, which is why he got himself (and Eggman) in such a big mess.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eggman mentioned giving the Deadly Six a gbiant sandwich

My theory that we'll get a cutscene of Zomom eating a sub sandwich a la Sonic Unleashed is one step closer to being confirmed!

My theory that we'll get a cutscene of Zomom eating a sub sandwich a la Sonic Unleashed is one step closer to being confirmed!

nxj02e.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhwIPo0rdfw

Zomom chowing down is already confirmed. It's briefly there @0:16

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Balding Spider

Alright, I think I know where I can place this cutscene. 

Sonic & Tails(& Knuckles & Amy?) arrive on Lost Hex looking for Eggman and land in Windy Hill, they notice the deadly six fucking shit up and try to stop them. Zavok probably leaves the crew to Zazz(which explains why he's the first boss). Sonic's group win and move onto to the desert ruins where they fight Zomom(Which explains the sandwich). After that boss fight, Sonic & Tails decide to follow Zomom and find Eggman, which leads to this cutscene. The reason Zor, Zik, and Zeena are silhouetted is because they haven't been formally introduced yet. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So with what I've seen so far, I'm bumping the number of Zeti I like to four. Zik, Zor, Zazz, and now Zomom. I just adore how goofy he acts and looks in cut scene's.

Alright, I think I know where I can place this cutscene. 

Sonic & Tails(& Knuckles & Amy?) arrive on Lost Hex looking for Eggman and land in Windy Hill, they notice the deadly six fucking shit up and try to stop them. Zavok probably leaves the crew to Zazz(which explains why he's the first boss). Sonic's group win and move onto to the desert ruins where they fight Zomom(Which explains the sandwich). After that boss fight, Sonic & Tails decide to follow Zomom and find Eggman, which leads to this cutscene. The reason Zor, Zik, and Zeena are silhouetted is because they haven't been formally introduced yet.

Close, I think. Eggman's around in Windy Hill; we saw the Eggmobile floating next to Zazz (man I am never going to get all these Z-names down) in the color powers trailer. So I would guess the game starts setting up a very traditional Sonic game plot of Eggman trying to command some superpowered so-and-sos to defeat Sonic and take over the world, but things go off the rails (earlier than normal) when Sonic punts away the conch.

It's nice to get to hear this scene in English, I really like it! It's also nice seeing exactly what's going on with the Deadly Six and Eggman. Only thing I don't care for is the English script--why is Tails such a smartass now? He didn't border on obnoxious in Colors, and I do like that he doesn't hero-worship Sonic and is on more or less equal terms with him now, but by the end of the cutscene they basically have Tails all but outright call Sonic a dumbass (though the mess is obviously Sonic's fault), which does seem out of character for him.

Unfortunately, English fans may never see a Japanese script properly translated since SEGA only uses one set of English subtitles on their games (no, dubtitles aren't acceptable when I'm not listening to the dub--not when the dub feels so wildly different from the original). But, I probably shouldn't judge the writing too harshly yet, at least not until I see the full story for myself. Hopefully the writing is a step up from Generations and Colors. On the plus side, the English VA's are definitely still doing a good job with the roles.

On the cutscene itself, I'm now realizing that Sonic might be tangling with the Deadly Six on arrival on the Lost World for at least the first level before he inadvertantly frees them of Eggman's control. I suppose that's kinda obvious though...

Edited by Zaysho

Am I the only one that thinks Zomom is gonna sound like Patrick Star?

No, and I would love it if he did! biggrin.png

It was a bait and switch, one that is swept under the rug for the audience. Sonic going after Eggman is basically what he does, and Eggman led him into the trap. The actual "belittling" was completely inconsequential.

It being 'swept under the rug' is still not relevant to the fact that it was laid-out and happened. Sonic was too absorbed by talking-down to Eggman that he didn't put any attention to where it was supposed to be. It just goes to show that Sonic hasn't learned after incidences like the capsule trap in SA2 and LW keeps it up.

and typical of him being a wisecracker as Sonic never once budged from the trap in the entire scene.

Because of his impulsiveness. Sonic never saw it coming until it was too late because he was too ingrained in his arrogant belittling. This has happened before even in SA2, so Lost World isn't some remarkable achievement on that front of Sonic's character.

The cause that sets the events in motion is still Eggman,

And Sonic. Eggman wouldn't have succeeded in pressing that button for the trap in the cannon, separate the emeralds from Super and split the world apart if Sonic was paying attention to him. It would've taken Super Sonic less than a fraction of a second to stop Eggman pushing that button if he wasn't being an arrogant ass and paid attention to what was going on.

and really the Werehog issue stops being an issue after ten minutes into the game.

A strawman that is not relevant to the fact that it was Sonic who caused his transformation in the first place though his impulsiveness. Werehog not being monopolized upon in the rest of the game has zero relevance to what led to it in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 9

It's nice to get to hear this scene in English, I really like it! It's also nice seeing exactly what's going on with the Deadly Six and Eggman. Only thing I don't care for is the English script--why is Tails such a smartass now? He didn't border on obnoxious in Colors, and I do like that he doesn't hero-worship Sonic and is on more or less equal terms with him now, but by the end of the cutscene they basically have Tails all but outright call Sonic a dumbass (though the mess is obviously Sonic's fault), which does seem out of character for him.

In fairness, Tails nearly did get murdered because Sonic didn't listen to him. Also, this is just the way that Sonic sounded, but the way he said, "I don't want YOU getting fried" or something, really made it sound like Sonic was blaming Tails for the nearly getting shot thing.

It's actually a cucumber sandwich. This would imply that Zomom is actually Professor Pickle in disguise. Sonic Unleashed 2 confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 4

It being 'swept under the rug' is still not relevant to the fact that it was laid-out and happened. Sonic was too absorbed by talking-down to Eggman that he didn't put any attention to where it was supposed to be. It just goes to show that Sonic hasn't learned after incidences like the capsule trap in SA2 and LW keeps it up.

You mean that 5 seconds of dialogue that was useless to anything because Eggman could have just pressed the button the moment Sonic landed on the ground? He didn't budge an inch the entire scene. If Eggman didn't actually make a big deal out of pressing that button and Sonic was actually still smack talking while the trap was active, then maybe I'd buy what you're saying, but Sonic notices him springing that trap almost immediately. It's one hell of a scripted exchange.

Because of his impulsiveness. Sonic never saw it coming until it was too late because he was too ingrained in his arrogant belittling. This has happened before even in SA2, so Lost World isn't some remarkable achievement on that front of Sonic's character.

You mean the scene where Tails all but gave him a wink and a nudge to do it while Sonic was actually at a loss? If anything that scene said far more about Tails being surprisingly short sighted. It was his plan, and it backfired.

A strawman that is not relevant to the fact that it was Sonic who caused his transformation in the first place though his impulsiveness. Werehog not being monopolized upon in the rest of the game has zero relevance to what led to it in the first place.

So why bring up the Werehog then? You were the one who brought it into the line of discussion. For that matter, seems like you couldn't read passed my sentence of "that's another topic entirely".

• Thumbs Up 6

This story staff is the best damn thing to happen to the games. Writers, voice acting, and all. I don't know what's up with this clamoring for a. a return to the bland borefest that was Unleashed, and b. "dark" elements.

No seriously. What is up with the "dark" boner?

Edited by Legendary Aqua

This story staff is the best damn thing to happen to the games. Writers, voice acting, and all. I don't know what's up with this clamoring for a. a return to the bland borefest that was Unleashed, and b. "dark" elements.

Sonic Unleashed? Dark? Are you serious? I've seen darker stories from Pixar movies.

• Thumbs Up 4

When was anyone clamoring for the Unleashed story staff to come back? And since when did anyone clamor for Unleashed's 'darkness'? And wait a minute...since when was Unleashed 'dark' to start with?

All I want is;

- A competently-told story with no established plot points being dropped. I'm sorry but when you bring-up a seemingly important plot point that could've served as a window into the ramifications of what the villain is doing and could've brought a palpable sense of seriousness, you obey the law of conservation of detail, don't treat your viewers like idiots by expecting them to not notice or forget such a plot point and you bother to elaborate upon it.

- Re-railed characters who don't act like fucking humor/snark-consumed idiots and whose entire characters are not utilized primarily to exhibit lame 'humor'. You could get a multitude of traits out of Sonic in Unleashed and the Storybook's without morphing him into a parody of himself and without taking up entire cutscenes and punting-aside plot development in order to do so to make it 'endearing' or 'funny'

- Eggman to be taken seriously a bit more. Eggman was great in Colours but he wasn't in any real way treated as a villain who was to be taken truly seriously. How can I when the characters don't?

You mean that 5 seconds of dialogue that was useless to anything because Eggman could have just pressed the button the moment Sonic landed on the ground? He didn't budge an inch the entire scene. If Eggman didn't actually make a big deal out of pressing that button and Sonic was actually still smack talking while the trap was active, then maybe I'd buy what you're saying, but Sonic notices him springing that trap almost immediately. It's one hell of a scripted exchange.

Watch Eggman in that part of the scene; His body language and facial expression when the camera focuses upon him clearly shows that he's waiting for a split second when Sonic is distracted in order to press the button, he clearly exhibits opportunisticness, using his grovelling to feed Sonic's propensity for arrogant belittling and then pressing the button the second the Hedgehog is fully distracted.

You mean the scene where Tails all but gave him a wink and a nudge to do it while Sonic was actually at a loss? If anything that scene said far more about Tails being surprisingly short sighted. It was his plan, and it backfired.

True. Tails ought to have considered that Eggman had the means to detect energy signatures from two Emeralds and would have noticed the discrepancy but it was still incredibly short-sighted for Sonic to obey Eggman and walk into something he should have anticipated given how devious and dangerous Eggman is.

So why bring up the Werehog then? You were the one who brought it into the line of discussion. For that matter, seems like you couldn't read passed my sentence of "that's another topic entirely".

Because I used it as an example of a consequence of Sonic's impulsiveness, just like the world being split was a consequence.

• Thumbs Up 5

Addmitedly, Dark Gaia's transformation to Perfect Dark and his death scene was pretty fucking dark for a Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 4