Awoo.

What did you do to celebrate Sonic's 22nd?

GuyWithThePie

Made a Cake that I linked to on Twitter:

[awesome cake]

and Sent this to SEGA. I made them something every year since his 19th. Sometimes it's a painting,a sculpture or last year it was the plush Genesis with games and controller.

[awesome trophy]

And also wore one of my shirts,which was actually coincidental XD.

Wow!  Those look great!  Wonderful work!

I believe the conclusion about Sonic's birthday is the same as Christmas, really.

At the end of the day, it's not the date that's important, it's what it represents.

[begin Nonsensical Rant] I'm glad someone else understands that.  I hate when people often suggest that Christmas should not be a national holiday or that it should be moved because nobody knows when Christ was born and there may have been some evidence shown to suggest it most certainly wasn't the 25th of December.  When I was a kid, my birthday party was always on the Saturday closest to my birthday, rarely, if ever, on the same day as my actual birthday.  It didn't matter that it was a few days earlier or later, since we were celebrating the fact that I was born, not that I was born on that specific day.  Just like regardless of when Jesus was born, the world seems to have come the agreement that December is the most reasonable time to celebrate it.  [/end nonsensical rant]

With that said, I'm sure once I get the time, I'll sit down and think of something to make for Sonic's belated 22nd birthday.  After all, aside from Sonic Generations being released (in December), Sonic's iconic 20th anniversary was actually rather uneventful as far as actual activity from Sega is concerned.

Edited by Akito

This year I waltzed around in my snazzy Sonic shirt while at the flea market with my boytoy. After that was over we both went back to my house and proceeded to play a ton of Sonic games. We were going to hunt down a ice-cream truck, to buy some of those amazingly awesome Sonic shaped ice-creams with the jacked up gumball eyes - but alas, we waited too late. To end the day I watched the Sonic OVA / movie again for the 100th time.

Needless to say, I was pretty satisfied with my day.

I bought Stealthtax Sonic 1 when I saw it was on sale. That was probably the best dollar I've ever spent.

I was fairly busy so didn't have time to do that much but I played Sonic 1 on the mega drive, then later on played the Wreck-it Ralph game on DS (its kinda Sonic related - plus I had it on rental & was planning to return in the next day).

To finish off the day I listened to my True Blue: The best of Sonic the Hedgehog, CD.

I found that damn 4th Chaos Emerald...

In all seriousness, I just wore one of my Sonic t-shirts, and that's pretty much it.

Edited by Kamina

Me and my sister played all the Game Land stages in Colors, we had fun with the Color Powers and all that stuff.

I listened to the Sonic Radio celebratory broadcast. A good time was had by all.

Man, that reminds me. It's sad I didn't tune in to Radio SEGA or the like that day. I'm really out of the loop with listening to those. sad.png

I had to work that day but once I got off I played Sonic Unleashed and a bit of Sonic Adventure on XBL. I was planning on working on my Sonic 2 8 bit hack, but that never happened. :V I wanted to do more but didn't have too much time to do so... >_>