Awoo.

What did you do to celebrate Sonic's 22nd?

GuyWithThePie

For Sonic's 22nd, I'm playing Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3K, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Adventure, SA2, Heroes, Colors, and Generations.

I have no life :(

I played a bit of Sonic 1 then I realized that I am under no obligation to finish the game so I turned it off and went to bed.

I'm having a shit Sonic game week. I started on Sonic's anniversary yesterday with Heroes, and today I'm doing Sonic 06.

Yay?

Well, if you play the bad games, they'll lower your expectations, which will make the new one seem that much more better. :)

I made Chocolate Dream cake, lemon bars and ate hotdogs! biggrin.png

Here's a pic of Sonic too!

2f5f.jpg

Tis adorable!

My Fiancee and I held our 3rd annual "Sonic Day".

- Started the morning playing Generations before going to work

- Made a display of my figures around the tv, set out my Generations statue.

- Met my fiancee after work and got shopping for dinner things.

- Made Chilli dogs with her while listening to True Blue vol 1.

- Ate chilli dogs while watching Sonic the movie

- played S&SASR while eating our sonic snacks, Gold rings (Hula Hoops) Maom sonic spinballs & Midget Chaos Gemeralds

- Played Sonic monopoly

- Finished the day by playing Sonic 1 and Flickies island.

Gonna be making a blog post about it, I'll link it later.

EDIT: Here it is for anyone who's interested.

http://idunnosomethingamazing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-3rd-annual-sonic-hedgehog-day.html

Well, looks like you absolutely bested all of us. XD

Man, I can't believe some of you guys forgot. sad.png But there are a few who did celebrate. biggrin.png

I played all Sonic's Levels and Bosses in Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, bought Sonic 4 Episode 1 for the iPhone, made a picture on Photoshop and sent it to the Sonic FB page, wrote a meaningful comment on Sonic's page, Played Sonic Dash and Jump, downloaded more Sonic Songs, posted about it on FB, shared Sonic's page's Birthday Status, told my friend it was his anniversary, then cussed his ass for not playing Sonic that day. Best anniversary ever! biggrin.png

EDIT: Oh! And I ate like 6 Chili Dogs! :D

Edited by ThatOneSonicFan

Played the best Sonic game ever made through again for the millionth time (Sonic 3K). Had Chilli Dogs for dinner and also made some time to finish watching the last volume of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Not because it was his best animated work but purely because I hadn't finished watching a DVD i had gone out of my way to get haha.

Then I went to bed and prayed to the gaming gods that Nack the Weasel will return to give Sonic some more returning baddies to pummel. Not being religious I don't count on it working tho. :(

Well...
- I listened to some Sonic music.
- I went outside with my Sonic hat, with a Sonic shirt, running around random places singing the famous City Escape music.
- I played Sonic 1- Sonic Generations.
- I made and ate some Chili Dogs with some Coca-Cola.
And that's it. laugh.png

Edited by AcidGamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

I played Sonic 3 Complete, Sonic Rush Adventure, and listened to a bunch of Sonic music. I would have played some other games but 1) I was too lazy and 2) whenever I wasn't being lazy the TV was in use!

But yeah, I had fun. Some of y'all were party poopers it seems :U

I actually played some SA2 on my PS3, but not really to celebrate or anything. I just happened to be playing it on that day, really.

I didn't really do much but I did play sonic adventure dx (which actually was my first sonic game).

Man, I can't believe some of you guys forgot. sad.png But there are a few who did celebrate. biggrin.png

Well, I will concede I was the only person at Sonic Boom 2012 who didn't know his birthday... Everyone else, even the casual fans around me, seemed to remember it...

I felt a lot more invested in the Sonic fandom afterward though, so I've committed the date to memory!

Besides. Who doesn't like an excuse to go out and have fun?

Made a Cake that I linked to on Twitter:

Cake_zps91228814.jpg

and Sent this to SEGA. I made them something every year since his 19th. Sometimes it's a painting,a sculpture or last year it was the plush Genesis with games and controller.

Trophey_zps94536c62.jpg

And also wore one of my shirts,which was actually coincidental XD.

Edited by BlueSonikku
  • Thumbs Up 8

and Sent this to SEGA. I made them something every year since his 19th. Sometimes it's a painting,a sculpture or last year it was the plush Genesis with games and controller.

Trophey_zps94536c62.jpg

Dude, that looks awesome! You made that yourself?

Edited by Speedster

Dude, that looks awesome! You made that yourself?

Yup. It's made of Super Sculpey that I then painted. The trophy was done in 24K gold leafing. My first time trying it and...it's tricky stuff! I make them sculptures from time to time to send to them. This Christmas will be two chaos I did. A power/hero chao with ram parts and a NiGHTS Chao.

Yup. It's made of Super Sculpey that I then painted. The trophy was done in 24K gold leafing. My first time trying it and...it's tricky stuff! I make them sculptures from time to time to send to them. This Christmas will be two chaos I did. A power/hero chao with ram parts and a NiGHTS Chao.

That's pretty cool dude, I wish I could do something like that.

Cake_zps91228814.jpg

Trophey_zps94536c62.jpg

Aw man, that stuff is so cool :).

Gonna need to get a sonic cake for my celebrations next year.

I actually have this book

mWokO8Yx055DHUJbK03Z_Ow.jpg

Which has a sonic cake in it (can't find a pic sorry :() it's pretty complex but maybe I'll try that.

I'm trying to make it as a cake maker/decorator (game. Styled cakes only mind) and had a great idea, not telling as I don't want you guys stealing my idea ;)

But I love the cake! It's pretty sweet! What kind of icing did you use if you don't mind me asking?

You went all out, that's for sure! The cake is wonderful, but that trophy is just... wow!

I certainly hope SEGA appreciates those kinds of gifts and gives them to someone who will cherish them like Aaron Webber or such!

Cake_zps91228814.jpg

Trophey_zps94536c62.jpg

That's amazing! What flavor's the cake? Chili dog flavored? And is that a trumpet the Chao has?

Uhh...

*shifty eyes*

Nothing.

I completely forgot about it, therefore just doing what I normally do: Making music. As a normal day it was... well, normal, but as Sonic's birthday... Let's just say I'd make a horrible fan.

I spent listening to a 12 hour music 'event' between SSR, RadioSEGA and Sonic Radio that consisted of remixes made by the community.

Dreadknux actually took part. And Vizard. But yeah Dreadknux.

Made a Cake that I linked to on Twitter:   Cake_zps91228814.jpg   and Sent this to SEGA. I made them something every year since his 19th. Sometimes it's a painting,a sculpture or last year it was the plush Genesis with games and controller.   Trophey_zps94536c62.jpg   And also wore one of my shirts,which was actually coincidental XD.
Dude, that is so awesome.

I believe the conclusion about Sonic's birthday is the same as Christmas, really.

At the end of the day, it's not the date that's important, it's what it represents. Just as Christmas shouldn't be one day a year to suddenly be nice, Sonic's birthday shouldn't be a day you magically care about him.

Just as you should care for your fellow man all year round, you should love the coolest blue hedgehog year round.

...besides. That way it's like his birthday every day. Who can say no to presents 24/7/365?! :D