Awoo.

I Hope You Weren't Wanting A New F-Zero....

Patticus

I really think you're overreacting just a bit. I said this in the other topic, but I think they are making system sellers and money printers first and then they're going to work on the other franchises. I don't know why we're so quick to jump to the conclusion that they're dead and abandoned and Nintendo ain't touching them again.

The Wii, man. This trend has not just been on Wii-U: the Wii had no Star Fox, no F-Zero, hell the only obscure franchise games it had were Metroid Prime 3 and Other M (which sucks cock so I don't like to count it). It was a trend that seems to be getting only worse on Wii-U sad.png .

I don't know why we're so quick to jump to the conclusion that they're dead and abandoned and Nintendo ain't touching them again.

Because some of them have been abandoned for years meanwhile we see the rise of Zelda and especially Mario titles. On the flip side though I guess they did bring back Pikmin finally. I'd be of the opinion that they won't be neglected forever, but they are certainly being neglected at the moment and for the foreseeable future judging by their attitudes towards their other IP.

Let's be serious here. Anyone who thinks F-Zero will ever do more good for Nintendo than Mario seriously needs to take a step back and think.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure people really gave a damn about Kid Icarus before they revitalised that.

Can I just quote this for extra emphasis? Because Uprising alone now renders the "it didn't sell enough" excuse irrelevant. Seriously, who the fuck wanted another Kid Icarus?

Regardless, Nintendo really has no reason for the treatment of these sought-after franchises beyond Miyamoto or whomever else in the company just not giving a damn themselves, which would be more respectable to admit than the garbage PR we're getting.

Let's be serious here. Anyone who thinks F-Zero will ever do more good for Nintendo than Mario seriously needs to take a step back and think.

No one is saying this.
  • Thumbs Up 7

@Mario

It did? Don't remember from I played of it.

X definitely had it, but I'm not too sure on the SNES version to be honest.

Cool beans that noone ever even implied that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Uh, Chooch kind of did.

He implied that it would be good for Nintendo, not that it would be better then Mario.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can I just quote this for extra emphasis? Because Uprising alone now renders the "it didn't sell enough" excuse irrelevant. Seriously, who the fuck wanted another Kid Icarus?

The only reason Kid Icarus got made was because Sakurai wanted to make it.

Miyamoto isn't going to budge on this, and he seems too prideful to just hand it off to someone else for whatever reason.

Chooch stated that a bunch of Mario titles isn't going to draw people in (because they won't) regardless of if they sell better; at which point this goes back to being the exact same discussion from the Wii U thread a couple weeks ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

That exact same discussion is STILL going on in the Wii U topic. OVER F-ZERO. So, I might be being a dick here, but why is this topic even needed? 

Edited by Super Mario

To be fair, that's not a slight on F-Zero, because that's probably the case for most (and if not all) of Nintendo's franchises.

And instead of admitting that he just made another dumb fucking excuse that doesn't make any sense.

Not that it's even relevant when you have a whole two home console generations that saw no major Star Fox or F-Zero releases on them. It's not like they can't reintroduce these franchises to a new audience.

It's not like they could use a few new interesting IPs on their brand new console that has been out almost a full year with little to nothing to draw people in.

No no, they just need a new Mario game before Christmas. That'll do it.

What reason do they have to think Mario wont work? Mario Kart 7 moved shitloads of 3DSes on it's own.

That exact same discussion is STILL going on in the Wii U topic. OVER F-ZERO. So, I might be being a dick here, but why is this topic even needed? 

Seeing as it's generated a page in a half in the past half hour already with 25-odd people viewing it, it's proving to be good enough to support on its own legs away from that topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

So that the Wii U topic doesn't hog all the debate, and having other topics with discussions is fine. Also, I didn't even realize there was a discussion on this subject in there; maybe I should've looked, but I still think it's worthy of its own topic.

What reason do they have to think Mario wont work? Mario Kart 7 moved shitloads of 3DSes on it's own.

Because Mario already didn't work on the Wii U and Mario Kart 8 doesn't come out until spring of next year which does nothing for them in 2013.

Because Mario already didn't work on the Wii U and Mario Kart 8 doesn't come out until spring of next year which does nothing for them in 2013.

There was a Mario game on Wii-U?

Tell me more. 

The only reason Kid Icarus got made was because Sakurai wanted to make it.
So it means the excuses people were making in regards to the games not pushing enough units were bullshit. Nintendo's IPs can be revitalized because they have the talent and capital to do so. Miyamoto isn't budging on F-Zero because he doesn't fucking feel like budging and putting some of that creativity to actual use.
  • Thumbs Up 5

Seriously? How much did making the Gamecube $99 with a pack in game of that "type" help it shift units?

I honestly don't see the big deal here. Did Miyamoto expressly forbid anyone from taking on an F-Zero game, or just say he didn't have any ideas at the moment that warranted a new game.

It feels like people are overreacting.

Edited by The Kid
  • Thumbs Up 1

"We feel we can't think of a way to innovate the F-Zero franchise, so here, have more fucking Mario Kart that doesn't fucking innovate at all"

I'm really tired of PR horseshit. Say it sells like crap, I'm fucking tired of developers lying out their ass.

At least Hideo Baba said " The Vita sells like shit in the west, so no" when he said he wasn't localizing the Tales games. 

I honestly don't see the big deal here. Did Miyamoto expressly forbid anyone from taking on an F-Zero game, or just say he didn't have any ideas at the moment that warranted a new game.

It feels like people are overreacting way too much.

No, but a lot of people are upset, mostly because they feel that Mario/Zelda/Pokemon games are continuously being pushed out despite not having new ideas that really justify doing so. Whether or not you disagree is up to you, but Miyamoto is using the reasoning that a new game is unlikely because he doesn't have any new ideas for it.

Edited by Ringo ~
  • Thumbs Up 1

The reason Nintendo might not be saying "it sells like shit" is because they don't want to put the idea into people's heads that any potential future game wouldn't be worth buying if they eventually do decide to make one that hopefully won't sell like shit.

Miyamoto isn't the only developer on Earth. If he's creatively bankrupt, then hand it off to someone else like they've done plenty of times before with their other franchises.