Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

I'm impressed with the way the soundtrack has been composed, but much like the art style, it doesn't work with Sonic at all.

Unleashed like music doesn't work with Sonic? Huh?

the music in this game is more sonicy than any other modern title

No kidding. It's like it's mesh of different kinds of Sonic music going from Unleashed (dessert Ruins, Windy Hill) to CD (Silent Forest).

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

It doesn't help that guy icon look like a troll face:

1.jpg

His friend did a response with a much less pretentious title. 

I actually really liked the jungle zone music, I never knew Sonic Jump music was that good. 

I like all the choices but the Windy Hill one sounds out of place....

• 2 weeks later...

And Windy Hill is a slower version of Rooftop Run.

And Sky Hive is a remix of Skyscraper Scamper.

And they actually aren't.

Sure they're using similar instrumentation and composition styles, but really, they're not remixes or a 'variation' on an existing track. I really want to make a lengthy post going into detail but frankly I've said much much more than I need to about this game's music and my opinion of it than I need to already and I'm just really tired.

The second I heard Desert Ruins zone 1, i knew the music in this game was gonna be one of the most epic soundtracks in Sonic history. Its like Arid Sands (Aka Shamar) on steroids!!!

I need to pre-order this ASAP.

Same here brotha, same here...

Windy Hill and Desert Ruins sound amazing, but recently I've rewatched that Gamespot Demo with Silent Forest... and... just....Goddamn....

And Windy Hill is a slower version of Rooftop Run.

And Sky Hive is a remix of Skyscraper Scamper.

And they actually aren't.

Sure they're using similar instrumentation and composition styles, but really, they're not remixes or a 'variation' on an existing track. I really want to make a lengthy post going into detail but frankly I've said much much more than I need to about this game's music and my opinion of it than I need to already and I'm just really tired.

I also feel this game follows the musical direction of Unleashed, that's why some tracks are very reminiscent of that game. The instrumentation is a similar situation. It's a lot apparent in Desert Ruins when compared to Shamar.

Although I was hoping Colors' direction regarding music, I'm liking what I'm hearing so far and I can't wait until they reveal the composers.

If I had to make guesses, Ohtani and Tokoi are already on board (Windy Hill and Desert Ruins), Kobayashi for orchestrated pieces, like bosses and some cutscenes (the current theme of Eggman, heh).

So it seems from the trailer that a part of the theme song will be the menu music we heard in the demos, just with more of a beat to it. I think that segment sounds really cool. Btw isn't the theme song meant to be fully revealed on October 10th?

I so love the soundtrack to this game, especially the BGM to Desert Ruins: Honeycombe Rush.

Seriously, both that and Windy Hill I've listened to for hours on the 15 and 30 minuted exteneded videos.

I'm already considering the fact that this might be the best soundtrack yet.

Hi, seriously you guys are sluggish today:

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/sonic-lost-world-wonder-world/id704085367?l=en#

Has anyone ripped the main theme and Windy Hill BGM yet?

If not, Get these ripped. like now so our ears can enjoy blissful music in HQ!

Working on it.

Fuck sake, fucking iTunes region bullshit not letting me use my card, you'll have to wait till I get one of my Proxy's to buy it and email it to me.

fucking uuurgh!

Edited by Zeena

>Windy Hill - Zone1 (short ver.)

grQ2d5b.gif

Real sneaky, Mister Ohtani.

Digging Wonder World, but I concur, Soniko. I so freakin' concur...

I looked into getting a cheap Japanese iTunes gift card because apparently you can do that and bypass the credit card stuff, but I'm really not keen on spending $12 USD for these two songs right now. (That was the cheapest one I could find)

That said Wonder World sounds really nice from the preview.

You could have a password reset form e-mailed to you, couldn't you Woun? tongue.png

I did not add the an emergency mail. T___T

UPD:

This is my story. Fucking Apple ID, hehe.

sada.png

Security in Russian and Japan go to home. They'll work Tomorrow, and I get questions. biggrin.png

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wonder World seems to be this game's answer to the Unleashed and Colours orchestra themes (that plays during menus/ranking screen/etc.). So there's still a chance there's a vocal theme, but you'd think we'd hear at least some of it by now...