Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

So, anyone with the Wii U version can confirm if there's an option to lower the SFX and voices to leave only the music? 

Hey Octodad, uh, is there any chance you could record Tropical Coast Act 1? It's one of my favourite songs from the game. If you can, that is. 

Edited by Spooky Mr. Bones

Hey Octodad, uh, is there any chance you could record Tropical Coast Act 1? It's one of my favourite songs from the game. If you can, that is. 

Tropical Coast Zone 1

All of Tropical Coast and Frozen Factory are being uploaded right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, anyone with the Wii U version can confirm if there's an option to lower the SFX and voices to leave only the music? 

No such options at all, as is standard for Sonic's Nintendo entries for some reason.  Genuinely shocked me that the 3DS version had such volume controls.

I fear that even with the Sound test, there'll be tracks missing, since the 3DS has less levels than the  Wii U version...

Actually, you would be surprised at most of the tracks they fit in the 3DS version that are the same as the Wii U version's soundtrack.

Love TCZ 3, FFZ 3, WHZ 3, DRZ 1 & SFZ 2's music so far since I'm still unlocking Zone 4 of silent forest with 3000 animals to get

Alot of good OST's like Tropical Coast Zone 3 with the grind rails actual makes it onto the 3DS version in its Tropical Coast Zone 3, but on the 3DS version the zone is majorly focused on Underwater Drilling, Cyclones & some running on water tube sections =D

The best i could do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHKR2QLDtRA&feature=youtu.be

Bless you good sir. I just love this track to pieces.

You have my gratitude.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, Lost World is out and well, I think I've to update what I think of this OST.

It's amazing. 

The few tracks I didn't like started to grow and everything else was pure bliss. 

I guess I'll cover zone by zone. (all spoiler'd for size)

Windy Hill

Windy Hill 1 is, in my opinion, the weakest out of all the tracks for this zone. It doesn't fit a sky based greenland but that's just me. Still a great track and gives quite a nice sense of adventure.

Windy Hill 2 is perfect, my most favourite for this zone. It takes everything amazing about 1 and improves it and fixes and it's really samba-y and fits the sunset look. Dat flute solo with the rhythm guitar early on just sealed this track as one of my favourites in the whole game.

Windy Hill 3 is just there. It fits its location for sure, it sounds dark and all but nothing to really keep interested. I dig the End of the World references though and the funk guitar is quite nice. 

Windy Hill 4.2 (since 4.1 is just 1's music) just seems like an extension to Windy Hill 1, so not much to say.

Desert Ruins

Desert Ruins 1/4 is easily one of my least favourites sadly. Not a huge fan of the ska, but I don't dislike this track. Just there for me sadly.

Desert Ruins 2 however. OH MAN. This is one of the most amazing tracks. It's like the child of Windmill Isle and Empire City. It's frantic but has a cool melody to balance out and I love the big band-esque feel to it. Great song.

Desert Ruins 3 is cute. It's good but I don't imagine myself listening to this alot. It's alright.

Frozen Factory

1/4 is really chill and all happy. Amazingly fitting, but not on my most favourites list. Same opinions with 2 really.

3 is really jazzy and upbeat. Pretty cool but not my cup of tea again.

Tropical Coast

1... Upbeat, catchy, fitting. I think I like it. The steel drums are really nice.

2 kinda makes it a bit more surfy and funky and jazzy and cowboy-ish. Honestly though, not a big fan of it. 

3 is one of my most favourite songs in the whole OST. It's so refreshing, with light breakbeat carrying the song. The strings and piano work amazingly well. It's like a relaxing brother to Aquarium Park. Very fitting, amazing, lovely.

Silent Forest

1 is amazing, so damn fitting to the name and has a lot of similarities in style to Dry Lagoon and Rouge's tracks, really nice. Sounds really stealthy. Delivers and keeps you wanting more.

and i can't remember 2 or 3 so that should say a fair bit

Sky Road

1 sounds very beautiful, magical and something unique (dear god they could have done so much with this stage but nope.) I love it, one more of my favourites from the OST.

2 is the best. It's like a more epic and moving brother to Chun-nan and sounds really amazing. Love the composition and the style, easily leagues ahead of everything ever.

3... was the cavern thing from Windy Hill.

4 is really fitting, creepy for sure and really fits the area, but not a favourite mine.

Lava Mountain

3 was really good. Amazingly dramatic, daunting, I like it. 

One other track was re-used, another was the Deadly Six theme and another was the final fight.

Boss tracks

The Final Boss song is really good, and so are the Deadly Six themes, I really love the choruses of both songs.

That said, what's my conclusion?

Good OST. Some amazing standout tracks but some fall really flat too. It seems very much like Unleashed 2.0 but sometimes it seems like it was forced, a bit more variety would've been nice. A lot better than I expected as a whole, great job Ohtani-san. 

Next time though, someone else being in lead like Fumie would be really nice.

Thanks for reading guys. :P What do you guys think of the songs as of now?

Right, music guys. Tropical Coast and Frozen Factory are up.

Which reminds me. I tried to download Frozen Factory Zone 3, but it took me to the Zone 2 download. That goes for the same for Desert Ruin Zone 4 which takes me to the Zone 2 download. Are they suppose to be like that?

Edited by Red

Which reminds me. I tried to download Frozen Factory Zone 3, but it took me to the Zone 2 download. That goes for the same for Desert Ruin Zone 4 which takes me to the Zone 2 download. Are they suppose to be like that?

I'll take a look at them. Starting Silent Forest and Sky Road tonight.

Edit: Frozen Factory 3 is fixed, Desert Ruin Zone 4 is the right track for the zone, I've just mislabeled it as Zone 2 after recording.

Edited by Octodad
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Red Burst Colour Power on 3DS has a brand new theme, rather than just using Pink Spike's theme as it did in Colours DS and Generations 3DS.  It's pretty cool and fitting, a sort of grungy country rock thing.

Actually the Wisp music in the 3DS version is pretty awesome generally.  Underwater Drill was also remixed slightly.

Edited by JezMM

My only complaint is that Wisp music is still just 10-15 second loops.  On 3DS the Wisps are used pretty extensively in at least one act per zone, with the huge portions of the stage being based around that gameplay (i.e as you progress you keep collecting more Wisps to stay powered up).  I wish the Wisp themes had been longer to respect this fact.

Can someone help me out? The beginning of Sky Road Act 1 sounds like another Sonic song, but I really can't put my finger on the specific song. Do you guys have an idea?

Can someone help me out? The beginning of Sky Road Act 1 sounds like another Sonic song, but I really can't put my finger on the specific song. Do you guys have an idea?

Really? I thought it sounded like something from a Spyro game more than anything. Act 2 sounds like something from the Naruto anime, like a battle scene or running over water or something.

Act 4 sounds super like a Boo House from the newer Mario games to me, just more funky.

Ladies and Gentlemen......Tropical Zone Act 3 is here!laugh.png

Edited by Jovahexeon
  • Thumbs Up 7