Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Oh man hearing some "Mario RPG" influence in Bowser's SSB voice would be an industry defining moment. I can barely even imagine how incredible that'd be.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't mind bringing some M&L into Bowser's voice, but I honestly can't say I'd be bothered if they keep the animal noises they've been using. I don't feel like they have especially iconic voices like some other characters.

• Thumbs Up 3

The thing is, Bowser never struck me as an animal. Ever since he got a normal voice on the Gamecube. He's always been this smarmy jackass who is full of himself. He doesn't just roar or growl, but laughs and cries. I never liked how Sakurai just hunched him like Godzilla and gave him generic roars, granted that was because those roars were from Mario 64, but then he shouldn't have kept that motif for Brawl. 

The thing about his character is that Sakurai wanted him to look like the biggest, most powerful character in the game with that slow movement and hunched body, but all that accomplished was making lose personality, and weakened him.

A lot of words for a nitpick huh?

I think the roars and grunts suited the "hyperrealistic" art style they went for in Melee (contrasted to their usual games).  But with the art style being more colourful and close to their non-Smash looks, Bowser and DK's usual voices would not sound out of place here.

I want to hear Bowser shout "Showtime!" 

All of my yes. All of it. God how I love how Bowser says that.

I think Marth will stay Japanese. Even though his game was finally released on DS overseas a few years ago, I don't think they gave him an English voice in that game, did they?

I really hope Bowser and DK have their actual game voices and not any of that generic animal garbage that was in the past games, especially since Bowser looks like his actual Mario game look this time, shoot they let Pikachu get away with his iconic voice actress.

I know that the voices in the E3 Demo are likely just placeholder, except for the new characters and Pit and Palutena who have their Uprising vocals doing new stuff. I want to here Bowser shout "Showtime!" as he enters battle or uses his Final Smashes.

I totally agree! I don't like how monstrous both Bowser and DK sounded in Melee and Brawl. Now that they look much closer to their game counterparts I'm hoping they actually have their voices from the games and not the generic roars and growls.

Bowser's sounds in Melee made sense if you consider that, in his appearances in games like Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64, that was how his voice portrayed. I think Super Mario Sunshine was the first attempt to make him sound any different. I think they sounded pretty badass too.

His Brawl sounds are just silly however, even if you disregard his portrayals in and around the time of release. 

• Thumbs Up 1

While it never really bothered me much before, I agree that the voices of Bowser and Donkey Kong should be updated, even if it means recycling clips from the Mario & Luigi games and DKC Returns/Tropical Freeze. It's true that they sounded like that in games like Mario Kart 64, but that was almost 17 years ago. Keeping their animalistic voices in this day and age would be like keeping Yoshi's voice as a series of record scratches.

While they're at it, they should get rid of Diddy Kong's monkey-like noises as well. I'm pretty sure even he has a different voice at this point.

(Ideally I'd love for them to use his DK64 voice, but that's not going to happen...)

At first I was fine with the Pac Land stage (mainly because my hype levels were high), but now that I look at it critically.... Yeah I must agree it looks ugly and not fun. And when I mean ugly, I mean ugly. Like:

pacland.gif

daily-2014-06-11-25.jpg

pac-land-1.png

pac2.png

When the original looks better and more lively than the version 30 years later, you got a problem.  :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Agree, this stage just looks weird and dumb but I'll have to see how it plays. You never know, it could be fun Lol.

Still wish we got the maze level for this version. It would of looked NICE!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't Pac-Land one of, if not the first proper sidescroller platformer?

Nintendo made their entire success off of evolving that genre into the standard it has today, so making a stage dedicated to it is completely justified, even if the original maze would've been better to look at.

• Thumbs Up 8

Wasn't Pac-Land one of, if not the first sidescroller platformer? Nintendo made their entire success off of evolving that genre into the standard it has today, so making a stage dedicated to it is completely justified, even if the original maze would've been better to look at.

Nobody is saying it isn't justified.:/

We're just saying they could have done what they did with Green Hill and Wily Castle and modernize it so it doesn't look like it came out of MS Paint. Cause again, the original looks better.

I know it could've looked better. It's just that I've seen a lot of people rag on the stage as a concept.

I know it could've looked better. It's just that I've seen a lot of people rag on the stage as a concept.

Well it's not exactly my first pic for a Pac-Man stage rep(heck, not even my second or third), but I don't hate the idea. I just wish it didn't look so lazily made is all.

Well it's not exactly my first pic for a Pac-Man stage rep(heck, not even my second or third), but I don't hate the idea. I just wish it didn't look so lazily made is all.

Well I guess its one those stages that doesn't get the upgrade like electroplankton (i bet i spelled that wrong) stage in brawl.

3ds version got balloon fight and the maze

Wii u version gets pac-land

Sigh

Balloon Fight actually looks decent visually for what it's worth. It doesn't look like a MS Paint knockoff at least, and looks pretty darn close to the original version. But yeah, it still looks like a stage I'll barely play on.

It also bothers me how I can barely see the fighters in that flowery area.

At first I only saw pacman and toon Link. And then I notice Yoshi and male Wii fit trainer. That is really going to be messy with my eyes lol

Imagine if game & watch is in and you use a alternate color.

Its already bad enough that a regular match of smash makes you loose sight of your character sometimes but this spot makes it hard to see a bit just by standing there Lol.

I'll most likely not play this stage a lot but I need to see how it plays out.

So far out of 3rd party stages

1. Windy hill

2. Wily castle

3. Pac-land

Glad sonic has the best looking one so far. Not only that but that stage is looking just as great as the other stages.

Yay for sonic!

2icb23t.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's a Poppant, an enemy that appeared in the previous game in this series. Poppants will appear in Smash Run, scampering around as they drop a variety of items.

"He's having a party in his pants!"

And another Pikmin enemy:

2j0dtw9.jpg

There are other bonus characters that appear in this game, too. Here's an Iridescent Glint Beetle from the Pikmin series. Keep hitting it!! Keep hitting it for gold!!

Wonder what other bonus enemies there will be.

Also just wanted to post this.

*snip*

Made my day.