Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

But shadow is a playable character.

Just make a mii out of him smile.png

no realistic guns for gunner mii what a bust

True... But I still don't get why they can't be played with anyone if that's the case. I doubt it has anything to do with inappropriate Miis, since you can use them online in MK8 (among many other games).

The Mii's entire shtick is that they're customizable to your liking, and since you can't put on custom movesets with anyone the gimmick is gone.

True... But I still don't get why they can't be played with anyone if that's the case. I doubt it has anything to do with inappropriate Miis, since you can use them online in MK8 (among many other games).

What does Sakurai's decision to not allow Miis online have to do with whoever was developing MK8's decision to allow Miis online

What does Sakurai's decision to not allow Miis online have to do with whoever was developing MK8's decision to allow Miis online

IDK, I assumed since Nintendo had done it before, Sakurai wouldn't have a problem with it either. Evidently he does, though.

It doesn't really matter though, I'll rarely be playing with anyone anyway, and I may not even like Miis that much.

The difference is Mii's in Smash Bros. are fully customizable, which makes balancing harder. In MK8, Mii's are "just another character." The characters in MK8 are all identical anyway, Mii's aren't any different in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mii sound like a hella fun character for local multiplayer. The weight class differences makes them feel a even more unique to an extent which I also really like. 

Kind of disappointed, I liked Ali, and although Brandy did a good job, I have a feeling that I'll be able to distinctly hear that it isn't Ali anymore, the more I hear her voice in the game.

That, and I don't get to brag about meeting Ali in Vegas a year or so ago. ;-;

I've just watched the trailer again, and while I can hear a difference, it's so minute that I don't think anyone could have called it.

Even though there isn't much of a difference between both Palutena voices unless you listen very carefully, it's still a shame Ali isn't voicing her in SSB4. I like her voice a lot, but I'm sure Brandy will do a good job. =3

• Thumbs Up 3

Love the remix of the Overworld theme!

If you guys want to hear clear versions of the other themes, Nintendo World Report has a ton of videos like this.(sure these are kinda old, but I'm still now finding these!)

Tortimer Island

Oh, and safe to say now,

final-destination-3ds.jpg

Master hand (or crazy hand?)confirmed(no dur.)

• Thumbs Up 1

...A remix

...of the Spirit Tracks overworld

.a.g.ksdkdgkasdkkdfhkakkdahkgdfahkakhgk!!!!

I need this.

I watched a video with Fox in it, MAN his voice is... Well, I don't like it as much as his Brawl voice, to put it lightly.

Still, fun videos nonetheless.

I actually hadn't heard Fox's "new" voice with such clarity before. After seeing those videos and hearing his battle cries, I'm pretty convinced that's his Japanese voice. They're some very Japanese-sounding battle cries is all, it's not every day you hear English VAs making cries like that. Still, I could be wrong.

I actually hadn't heard Fox's "new" voice with such clarity before. After seeing those videos and hearing his battle cries, I'm pretty convinced that's his Japanese voice. They're some very Japanese-sounding battle cries is all, it's not every day you hear English VAs making cries like that. Still, I could be wrong.

Everyone else's voice is the American one from my understanding. Why would they have Fox be using his Japanese voice? isn't this his original 64 voice?

I hope those are the JP voice clips. I heard that his Star Fox 64/3D VA is doing his voice in SSB4, but I don't remember it sounding like... That.

I hope those are the JP voice clips. I heard that his Star Fox 64/3D VA is doing his voice in SSB4, but I don't remember it sounding like... That.

It's definitely not a Japanese VA. There's one point I believe in one of the Treehouse videos when Fox says quite clearly "This is Fox, returning to base" after he wins.

Everyone else's voice is the American one from my understanding. Why would they have Fox be using his Japanese voice? isn't this his original 64 voice?

The voice work seems really incomplete in places, a lot of characters are using clips directly from Brawl rather than new ones for example.

It's definitely not a Japanese VA.

What makes you so sure? We know he has English victory clips, but it doesn't sound like the same voice as the ingame one to me. Could be that the ingame one is using Japanese clips as a placeholder for now.

The guy is really out of practice with Fox, either that or the voice director needs to be fired. 

That's because the voice tracks you remember are from a Star Fox game that had the audio quality of a movie from the 30s.

It's definitely not a Japanese VA.

I'll take your word for it, but it doesn't sound anything like his 64 voice.

I think what's being shown in the demo is a mix of his English and Japanese VA. Some clips sound distinctly Japanese while others I can recognize as Mike West (such as "Fire!" and "This is Fox. Returning to base!").

Perhaps not all of the English clips were recorded or finalized by the time the demo was compiled.

• Thumbs Up 1

The voice work seems really incomplete in places, a lot of characters are using clips directly from Brawl rather than new ones for example.

What makes you so sure? We know he has English victory clips, but it doesn't sound like the same voice as the ingame one to me. Could be that the ingame one is using Japanese clips as a placeholder for now.

If they were placeholder wouldn't it just make more sense to recycle his Brawl clips though? It at least allows them a greater level of consistency with less effort. The idea of him using two VAs seems counter productive and the least likely solution to me.