Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

"And the Mii Gunner's side smash was thiiiiiiiiiiis big..."

5b39ud.jpg

Pic of the day. The Mii Gunner's side smash attack may have the farthest reach of all the side smashes…as should be expected from a firearms expert!! Looks like the attack missed this time, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it beats out Megaman's charge shot Fsmash, then?

Maybe in length, probably not in priority. It looks like it might be a Smash attack that's better for racking up damage rather than outright killing. I mean, that's a little OP if it has great range and killing power, unless it has horrible ending-lag which would make up for it.

Megamans charge doesn't even go far. it disappears pretty quickly. I remember me trying to get a good hit with that move but im always too far. The good thing though that its powerful.

Mii gunner goes far and obviously its not as powerful as megaman 

I kinda thought sakurai would be updating the website too since they updated it. Maybe will get some music pieces from the 3ds version most likely soon

Yeah, I want to hear some of the music already. (Pikmin's World map theme from 2, Spirit Train, etc.)Clean.

Anyway, so I was looking through the FD mode versions of stages

entry1-3.jpg

Looking at Skyloft, I take it FD touring stages will still move around the map? Cause it looks like the stage is still moving. Just without any extra platforms or obstacles.

Yeah, I want to hear some of the music already. (Pikmin's World map theme from 2, Spirit Train, etc.)Clean.

Anyway, so I was looking through the FD mode versions of stages

entry1-3.jpg

Looking at Skyloft, I take it FD touring stages will still move around the map? Cause it looks like the stage is still moving. Just without any extra platforms or obstacles.

I'd say that's probably the case, yes. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Interesting.

I'm also curious about the 3DS version's FD stages, cause they seem more reliant on movement and gimmicks compared to the console version. Wonder how Spirit Train, Pac Man Maze, Tomodachi, and a few others will work.

Also wondering if returning stages will get a FD mode version.

All I know is that windy hill FD will probably be my main FD stage.

Along with Mario galaxy and Wily castle.

I feel like the spirit track stage won't get a final destination form, maybe jungle japes since swimming is not returning.

Interesting.

I'm also curious about the 3DS version's FD stages, cause they seem more reliant on movement and gimmicks compared to the console version. Wonder how Spirit Train, Pac Man Maze, Tomodachi, and a few others will work.

Also wondering if returning stages will get a FD mode version.

Pac-Man Maze would be incredibly easy the entire stage is made up of a series of platforms based on the classic maze, and Tomadachi may not be too bad, either. Its SPIRIT TRAIN I have absolutely no idea how it will work, and it might be one of the stages that has no FD version.

Pac-Man Maze would be incredibly easy the entire stage is made up of a series of platforms based on the classic maze, and Tomadachi may not be too bad, either. Its SPIRIT TRAIN I have absolutely no idea how it will work, and it might be one of the stages that has no FD version.

Actually, it does. In the E3 3DS trailer, there's a part where they show off spectator mode in For Glory, it was Samus VS Greninja and the stage they were about to go to was Spirit Train:

(Skip to 0:50. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, so be ready to pause)

Wonder if all the characters shown will get a stage rep in the 3DS version. Pikmin never had a portable game from what I remember. Metroid and Yoshi have had tons yet we haven't seen a stage yet, and I'm curious about Wii Fit Trainers case. Also kinda hoping for another Zelda stage as Mario has 3, so I wouldn't object to a third Zelda stage.(that is if we don't get a retro Zelda stage, in that case, 2 is fine.)

Also back to the FD mode, I think the stages I'm most curious about for sure are Tortimor island, Spirit Train, Reset Factory, and Balloon Fight.

The Punch-Out Circuit is being ported to the 3DS version despite Punch-Out!! never having a handheld release, so Garden of Hope and Wii Fit Studio being ported over is a possibility.

Pretty sure all playable characters will get a stage on each version regardless of whether or not they appeared on both handhelds and consoles or just one.

When we saw punch out on 3ds, I'm pretty sure those whose on console will get a stage.

So any items for mega man and sonic they could bring in?

I have an idea for sonic.

The elemental sheilds, Fire, bubble and lightning.

For fire, you would have to dash to activate the flame but gets weaker the longer the dash. For bubble, you would press down to bounce while in the air. For lighting you would be given an extra jump.

But one hit and the sheild is gone.

Honestly, they should just focus on giving the Sonic series an actually decent assist trophy this time. I don't know, Dr. Eggman or something. Shadow was kind of useless.

• Thumbs Up 1

More than One hit...Its far too easy to get hit especially since its a fighting game.

Honestly, they should just focus on giving the Sonic series an actually decent assist trophy this time. I don't know, Dr. Eggman or something. Shadow was kind of useless.

I kinda wish he did something different. I'd be fine if he still started by using Chaos Control, but then actually jumping out and starting attacking with other chaos powers, too. Or switch between using Chaos Control and Chaos Blast or something.

So I just found out that Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western is in this.

Yeah, it's old news, but I don't really follow the Smash news that closely; I just buy the game when it comes out. :P

As someone who refuses to buy a 3DS for a few games, I am happy to at least be able to see him in a Wii U game. Naturally when I discovered this, it was a huge case of [[furry intensifies]] in terms of my approval. :P

Shame he's not playable, but I guess there's always next time. :)

hvorbn.jpg

Pic of the day. I talked about an attack with a far reach in yesterday's post, but it didn't compare to Palutena's up smash attack! No joke, it reaches really far. It reached so far in this shot that even the rocketbarrels got blown up.

Fittingly, the goddess has the power to reach to the skies.

That's freaking ridiculous. She's probably gonna be god-tier against any character that relies on their aerials/projectiles. She seems to have a lot of tools to keep characters like those out.

Still not as big as Snake's hitboxes :V

She's probably gonna be god-tier 

Naturally!

• Thumbs Up 5

Seems like Palutena's a great anti-air unit, and can get some decent air time with some of her alternate moves, too.

I honest to God hope there's some sort of weakness to make up for a power that is sure to make for the greatest aerial trolling since Pikachu's down special. There's no way that can get in and the devs don't think "we need to balance this."

a5p8l.jpg

That said, if we're talking just about range, even that can't beat Palutena's power, Heavenly Light. It has quite a damage field. However, this is a no-flinch attack, which means the opponents won't react to the damage!

Here's the follow up post, since Slashy seemed to miss it.

The practicality of that Up Smash probably isn't as ridiculous as it seems.  I mean, it's a smash attack, so it probably telegraphs like Hell.  There's also a decent chance that the range is tied to how much you charge it, though that's just guess work at the moment.  

Does anyone remember if Mega Man's Side Smash traveled further depending on the charge?  Whatever that move does would be a good example to keep in mind for things like this.

OBVIOUS EDIT BECAUSE I'M A DOOFUS:  Then again, there's Zero Suit Samus, so who knows what'll happen?

Heavenly Light seems interesting.  It seems to have even more insane range in exchange for not causing flinching at all, so it helps build damage but can't finish or punish anyone, I guess?

Edited by G-Force

If I had to guess, Palutena's Up-Smash is either really quick, which makes it easy to dodge or takes too long (hopefully without making damage rack up way too high), which leaves her massively open to attacks.

Edit: I just checked, and the move is in her trailer. She uses it on DK and it's pretty quick, so people are going to have to work on their timing for it.