Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I know what costume I want for Sonic ~

dpimvc.jpg

BTW, Sakurai said something about not wanting costumes to be different characters, because:

Different costumes, he said, would take away from what makes each character unique.

Source.

Isn't the first GBA Klonoa on Wii U VC, too?

Edit: I misread the question..

What cameo does Mr. Driller have?

I think Mr. Driller counts in the Dig Dug series: what Pac-Man summons if i recall should be:

*a ship fro Galaga/Galaxian

*an enemy from Dig Dug

*Mappy for the omonymous game

*a block from Xevious

Wow, I'm really not used to seeing a stage with absolutely no kind of zooming going on. Even the Flat Zones expanded a little once fighters were on opposite sides of the screen IIRC.

I don't think that's a bad thing though. I'm just hopelessly pedantic. =V

Flat Zone did zoom out slightly, iirc. Flat Zone 2, however, did not.

Seems rather random that Sakurai would post a picture making the obvious connection between Balloon Fight and Villager's UpB now, instead of when he revealed the stage in the April Direct. Methinks he's trying to contain his excitement over something he wants to reveal, and is making obvious pics to stall. C'mon, Friday pic bombshell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Captain Falcon Friday reveal.

BELIEEEEEEVE!!

What makes you think that? Or is this just a rather random guess you made?

And then Falco is revealed for no reason making the K. Rool and Mewtwo rumor from Gamefaqs a reality

No but seriously, I doubt we'll get another vet until next month.

Harumph! The latest "leak" to grace the Smash reddit. A load of bull says I, but why not post it to get some discussion in here since Sakurai's pic of the day was a bust.

To be completely honest with you, I din’t know a better place to post this. This place seems like a nice, roomy place to visit for smash players, and I don’t want to go for blow and post this on GameFAQs or Neoseeker. Now, before you leave a nasty reply or something, read this throughly. I have some information on the Smash games.

This information comes from a past email I wrote to Nintendo of America. I asked about 4 characters, which were Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Palutena. I asked for whereabouts and if they were playable. My response was from Kevin Anderson, a fine gentleman. He said the natural: In that the final lineups are not available yet. However, he did say he will document these files and share them with other departments at Nintendo.

Earlier this week, I got an email. The man’s screen name was Ronolab. He said he also worked at Nintendo, and he was one of the people who received the files of my email. He said a few things about not only the 4 character’s being somewhere, but about the other characters said to appear on the roster.

Ridley: He, unfortunately, is the stage boss of Pyrosphere. His attacks will include striking the opponent with his tail, as well as the Plasma Breath ability. The entire body is a hotbox, unlike the Yellow Devil, but hitting him in the mouth when and after he uses the Plasma Breath will do a tad bit more damage.

King K. Rool: Ronolab stated King K. Rool as an Assist Trophy that could be unlocked by clearing Classic Mode, which was returning, with both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. King K. Rool’s attacks are similar to how Saki had many abilities, but the ones he knows of include the crown toss, and firing cannonballs from the blunderbuss.

Mewtwo: The man said he was a returning character, in that he is not only requested by a solidified amount in the Japanese, but like he did with Little Mac, to please the western audience. Mewtwo has a slightly revamped moveset. His attacks returning from Melee include the Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw, but Aura Sphere would appear as his side special, and function similar to Crash Bomber in Mega Man’s arsenal.

Returning Fighters: Ronolab did not leak too much information on Returning Characters. He did reveal Jigglypuff was returning, and that one of her customizable moves includes a wider hotbox for rest, but much, much less damage. Game & Watch was also returning, and that his design from the Pac-Man trailer would be the final design for him in game. Ronolab said this would making a slight bit harder to hit for such a light character to balance it out. The final thing he said was Snake was gone, but a trophy of him would remain in the game.

Newcomers: Here is the big one. Ronolab leaked a total of 7 newcomers, and a tad bit about each of them. The first newcomer was Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Chrom would have a completely different move set from the other 2 charactes in the game, and that the only 2 moves he would keep was the chargeable Neutral Special, and the counter. He backed this to some extent with a Side Special: Dual Strike, and that it would with,well, 2 hits, each doing similar amounts of percentage. The second was Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles. He would move similar to Ike and Link, in a sort of medium-slow manner. His Monaldo would be able to unleash powerful sword and magic attacks as well. The 3rd was one I did not expect: Karate Joe from the Rhythm Heaven series. He was selected of all of the plausible candidates because he seemed like he would fit best, being a fighter. The attack he said would be his Neutral Special, was the bomb, and that it would act a lot like the Burst Grenade. The 4th was Takamaru. His inclusion would represent the east well and due to the fact the game was recently released via Virtual Console, but only to Europe. His attacks include swinging his sword  for generic standard abilities, but he could also throw knives and use the Tanooki in some way. The 5th was Dark Pit. He revealed that his trailer would be some of a continuation of the Palutena trailer, which would involve him dueling with her and plausibly Pit. His attacks would not be a clone though. His Silver Bow is completely different from Pits other than the fact it shoots arrows of solidified energy, but travels slower and has KO ability. He would also use the weapons from his battles in Uprising, such as the Dark Pit staff and Ogre Club. The 6th was The Bandanna Wearing Waddle Dee, or Bandanna Dee, from the Kirby series. His attacks include the obvious Spear Copter and stabbing multiple times, and he would be a sort of Glass Cannon. The 7th and final one was a choice I could not take seriously. The Mach Rider, seemingly, would be getting a reboot on the Wii U, titled Mach Rider U, simply, and he would join the game because of it. He would have a strange mechanic, in that he would pull out the bike for some attacks, such as the lasers. Off bike he would be a fast character who would rack up damage.

Now, I know this leak is credible to some extent, but take it with a grain of salt. I hold no credibility, but Ronolab could be correct. Gematsu was though. But let’s wait

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/89910219646/rumor-mill-ronolab-leak

Harumph! The latest "leak" to grace the Smash reddit. A load of bull says I, but why not post it to get some discussion in here since Sakurai's pic of the day was a bust.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/89910219646/rumor-mill-ronolab-leak

Yeah its a load of bull. Snake killed it, though. It wouldn't surprise me at all if "Chorus Men" in Sal Romani's leak ended up being converted into Karate Joe, but Snake?

There's NO WAY Snake will have a trophy in the game but not be coming back as a playable character.

Dark Pit and Bandana Dee, but no third DK character, also completely kills it for me. Kid Icarus might get a third character, but it won't be Dark Pit (if he's back, he's Pit's "Male Wii Fit Trainer" in that he's an entirely new alt with his own voice and recolors, but still an alt of Pit). Kid Icarus could get a third character, I'll make that comment, but it wouldn't be Dark Pit, and KI wouldn't get a third character before DK gets a third, especially since DK's sales are clearly far, far superior to that of Kid Icarus. Uprising sold well, but DKC Returns sold far, far better.

I also don't think we'd get both Takamaru and Mach Rider.

• Thumbs Up 2

No New Super Mario Bros. U stage would be complete without Nabbit, would it?

Creeper.

A new character was announced today. :D

As I thought, the demo didn't show off everything. Nabbit never appeared in the E3 demo that I recall.

This is going to be kind of hilarious when it comes to multiplayer; it'll be like the fish from the Ice Climbers stage again

>nabbit deconfirmed

It'd be surprising if he was a playable character, to be honest. I wouldn't object to Nabbit appearing in more games in the Mario series, but for now a cameo + hazard role suits him better in Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1

>nabbit deconfirmed

>bag deconfirmed

this is the worst update ever I'm sending Sakurai another forty misspelled death threats

• Thumbs Up 3

It'd be surprising if he was a playable character, to be honest. I wouldn't object to Nabbit appearing in more games in the Mario series, but for now a cameo + hazard role suits him better in Smash.

I wasn't being serious, I'd be surprised too if he was.

Yeah, I did not catch the fact at first that Nabbit apparently shows up and stuffs players into his bag. That's a neat Stage Hazard.

Also I'm really thinking we're going to get a stage boss on the Colosseum, too.