Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

My god, what some of you people went through. I only had to wait an hour and thirty minutes, and that was because I came in early. The line was long, but it certainly didn't stretch all the way out of the store for sure, and I live in New Jersey. I must've been one of the lucky ones; I hope anyone who didn't make it today can make it to a weekend session.

I wonder how busy the Best Buy in Calgary was today, heh. The demos are around until the 14th,  right? Maybe I'll check it out in the next few days, hopefully things will be less chaotic.

EpKAyb9.png?1

The thanks Nintendo gets for inviting PeachyHime to try out their in-progress game in their tournament.

At least others provided constructive criticism everywhere they went.

I dont get it?

I wonder how busy the Best Buy in Calgary was today, heh. The demos are around until the 14th,  right? Maybe I'll check it out in the next few days, hopefully things will be less chaotic.

You'd think they'd have it available to play until the 14th, but it's only the 11th & 14th :/

She elaborate further later. Her opinions are the same as everyone else's, but she is worried for the state of Project M, because that's her primary scene of expertise. She doesn't want it to die, and because that mod can't get validation from Nintendo, it's a big worry to them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Today I learned that I suck at using the Pro Controller in Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

I dont get it?

Adding on, she was one of the players who competed in the invitational.  PeachyHime to be exact.

She elaborate further later. Her opinions are the same as everyone else's, but she is worried for the state of Project M, because that's her primary scene of expertise. She doesn't want it to die, and because that mod can't get validation from Nintendo, it's a big worry to them.

The same as everyone else's in what way? :P

Ah. Wasn't sure what PM meant :)

So basically "thanks for nothing, good luck with your game, I'm going to go home and play something Nintendo doesn't approve of"

yikes

The same as everyone else's in what way? tongue.png

When I say everyone else, I mean the invitational SMashers.

When I say everyone else, I mean the invitational SMashers.

In other words, none of them really liked it. Not too surprising.

Aj5u7bR.jpg

What a huge line...

You don't know the half of it... met some great people though! One fucking demo unit for the Wii U version, that was it. I thought they would of learned from last year that it just isn't enough.

Got to play both the 3DS and Wii U version though and loved every second of it. A lot of people here already went into great detail about their experiences so I'll just add a short 2 cents. My feel of the controls were a bit obscured due to the fact that I had to adjust to using the pro controller (definitely waiting on a release date for that GameCube port add on) but for the most part I thought everything worked nicely. It's a nice in between of Brawl and Melee if I had to put it in words. Talking to the people around me, they felt Pikachu was a bit gimped from before but besides that I heard no complaints. The 3DS version actually felt pretty good to me. Though, it's going to take some getting use to those jump buttons (though it looked like I was the only one struggling with them). And on top of that, not a single crash. Even won my first game with Kirby! Here's waiting (and hoping) for that winter release.

We got confirmation of Home Run Contests yet? 'cos that's today's pic.

dailyHRC.jpg

The goddess is up to bat for the Home-run Contest, a returning mini-game on the 3DS version! It's been streamlined with added features here and there, like sturdier glass and doubled speed for long hits. You can also have fun comparing your rankings for this mini-game with your Global Smash Power.

I'm definitely getting the Wii U version, but I might skip on the 3DS one. Reason being, the camera and the way the characters look really irk me. It seems further zoomed out than Wii U, and the character look as though I could lose where my character is in amongst the chaos. Also there's the issue with controls. I find that competitive games on 3DS quickly make my hands ache due to the way I have to hold it. If I'm going to have long and chaotic play sessions with friends, I'd rather do it in something more comfortable. I.E The Wii U gamepad.

Both look like great games, it's just the 3DS version simply isn't for me.

They don't hate it, it's just disappointed them competitively and still isn't really very competitive (closer to Brawl than Melee), and they're worried that once it's out Nintendo will shut down Project M once and for all.

Ah, well I've always found Melee too heavy for my tastes so being an in-between compromise works fine for me. 

Would Nintendo close down Project M? I'd just assume they'd let it run its course since Smash 4 is gonna be pretty big.

That's what I'd hope, but competitive Smashers seem to think otherwise.

There might have been a compromise that the Project M developers worked out with Nintendo or something.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but it would be nice if it turns out well for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

In other words, none of them really liked it. Not too surprising.

Where did we hear that none of them liked it? Otherwise this reads off as just trying to bait an anti-hype train.

On the subject of the competitive player PeachyHime, since she seems to be getting some unwarranted dislike on this thread, she tweeted on her Twitter that she had the time of her life at E3 and the Invitational and got to meet Reggie and tons of Smashers she was friends with.

So yeah, just because someone expresses disappointment in an upcoming game and homesickness, don't take that to mean ungratefulness for the whole experience. I doubt any of the Invitees were ungrateful at all, even if they didn't enjoy the game as much as they hoped.

• Thumbs Up 3

On the subject of the competitive player PeachyHime, since she seems to be getting some unwarranted dislike on this thread, she tweeted on her Twitter that she had the time of her life at E3 and the Invitational and got to meet Reggie and tons of Smashers she was friends with.

So yeah, just because someone expresses disappointment in an upcoming game and homesickness, don't take that to mean ungratefulness for the whole experience. I doubt any of the Invitees were ungrateful at all, even if they didn't enjoy the game as much as they hoped.

To add to that, she deleted that tweet, saying "Sorry for that guys. I didn't mean any harm."

So whether it sounded ungrateful or not, people should probably stop shitting on her for it. 

• Thumbs Up 6