Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I don't see how it's basically Brawl 2.0 considering how fast it looks. At times during that tournament it looked almost as fast as Melee. 

Character speed is a good factor but then there are still the things I talked about before. It adds a certain slowness and awkwardness to the game that needs some addressing.

Holy shit. I don't fully recognise that from Rhythm Heaven, does anyone else? I can't think of what else it could be from though.

Either way... god damn. Maybe.. that leak really is real.

EDIT: Also isn't it very possible the screenshot is fake?

EDIT2: Guys, what video is that from?

From an IGN Live Stream

Also did anybody else notice the shielded ghosts from Find Mii II ? (Streetpass quest) That's absolutely awesome! and a rep for the Miis smile.png

Speaking of Streetpass Quest /Find Mii II,  I still wanna see that 3DS stage in action <3

Character speed is a good factor but then there are still the things I talked about before. It adds a certain slowness and awkwardness to the game that needs some addressing.

I missed your post what things

Just saw that on Smashboards.

RIDLEY AND K ROOL KONFIRMED!

I dunno. Ridley and K. Rool's subordinates are in Smash Run, so... tongue.png

Donkey Kong and Samus?

• Thumbs Up 4

OK I FOUND THE VIDEO MYSELF AND WENT BACK TO THE SMASH RUN BIT

here's a screencap;

896a6f6db54ea5e27cac4391ad856b94.png

It's DEFINITELY that ghost from the Ghost Hunting minigame in Rhythm Heaven, no question at all. I saw Mac smack it and everything.

It's real guys, Chorus Guy suddenly seems really likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

That Gematsu leak is looking better every day. I mean, let's look at it in its entirety.

First Leak: E3 2013

"Animal Crossing Guy"- Confirmed.

Wii Fit Trainer (by name, no less) - Confirmed.

Mega Man - Confirmed.

Little Mac - Confirmed.

Pac Man - Confirmed.

Mii - Confirmed

Second Leak: Prior to the Smash Direct, 2014. 

"Pokemon from X and Y" - Sort of vague. There are reasons he might not have known Greninja's name, because we don't know his involvement with the game.

Palutena - Confirmed.

Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven - ???

Shulk - ???

Chrom - ???

Characters the leaker did not mention.

Rosalina.

There are a number of reasons why he could've not mentioned her, and I wouldn't say it counts for much. Whether or not the leak is true (I think it is at this point) it's important to keep in mind that just about any of this guy's suggestions could've been disconfirmed as playable at any time.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sheesh...so that's another character possibly in the game from that list...I hope there are more surprises in store, since Rosalina was one such surprise.

But seriously, please don't let Chrom be true. I want to see Lucina instead! D=

Sheesh...so that's another character possibly in the game from that list...I hope there are more surprises in store, since Rosalina was one such surprise.

Lucina has an NFC figure and Chrom wasn't shown having one...

If Chorus Guy is real (and right now it reaally seems like he is)

I think every character on the list is probably in. I spose if he couldn't recognise Greninja it's possible he didn't recognise Lucina and thought it was Chrom, but.. I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm 101% expecting Chrom now.

On the other hand though, he leaked again right before E3 right? He said we'd get character DLC right?

Have we seen images of the figure? I've only seen Lucina's artwork in one of the bubbles- among her are Isabelle, Tom Nook and Pikmin. Too early to tell if it actually amounts to anything. 

Woah woah what? When?

Just some EggRobo pics from the 3DS version stream : ) Egg-Robo seems to be quite the formidable foe!!! or at least not a pushover.

He has a regular shooting attack, and hovers away from you if you approach him (or it I guess), besides that he sometimes fires one huge energy beam, which knocks you back considerably, there seems to be a similar shot, but looks thinner to me, probably it's just the beginning of the energy beam.

eggrobo_zps82fcfb57.png

Enjoy!

EDIT:

He also aims his shot, if you jump up he follows with his gun position, quite a nice touch I think!

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you guys seen some of the Kritters, too? Usually they're pretty easy mooks, but these Kritters are BADASS. They all fight differently as well.

She was shown as a bubble for the NFC preview and Chrom wasn't.

http://e3.nintendo.com/

Scroll to the bottom and on the left side.

I never even noticed that!

Well, if it is Lucina then that would make me a lot happier. I know she looks like a gender bent version of Marth but she's cool, not to mention my favourite character in FE: Awakening. I don't want her to be clone of Marth either, mind you! Hope she gets some cool, unique moves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you guys seen some of the Kritters, too? Usually they're pretty easy mooks, but these Kritters are BADASS. They all fight differently as well.

Indeed that Blue Kritter was stomping the heck out of that player. and I love it stays true to the description "A true brute with a good arm" it translates well since he attacks you by punching and spinning his arms. :P Gotta love all those details!

She was shown as a bubble for the NFC preview and Chrom wasn't.

http://e3.nintendo.com/

Scroll to the bottom and on the left side.

Even though Smash Bros is the first confirmed game to feature Nintendo's NFC figures, that image looks pretty much irrelevant. It's a generic promotional mockup featuring character art from existing games. Even the statue of Mario isn't the one used for Smash. Saying that she's got an NFC figure and Chrom doesn't based on this alone is jumping the gun. 

Even though Smash Bros is the first confirmed game to feature Nintendo's NFC figures, that image looks pretty much irrelevant. It's a generic promotional mockup featuring character art from existing games. Even the statue of Mario isn't the one used for Smash. Saying that she's got an NFC figure and Chrom doesn't based on this alone is jumping the gun. 

I didn't say Chrom didn't have one. I said Chrom wasn't shown having one.

But still yeah I gotta agree, that's the general page for amiibo, for all we know it can be just random filler promotional artwork, it really doesn't mean a thing, IMO. but it's interesting nonetheless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Is anyone else worried that the amiibo figures are going to look less awesome once they start mass-producing them? And also that they'll be ridiculously expensive to collect?

I didn't say Chrom didn't have one. I said Chrom wasn't shown having one.

Alright, but neither was Lucina, really. I'm thinking they just put a bunch of official renders/art in bubbles next to the NFC figure, as if to say "think of the possibilities." It remains to be seen whether or not every single character shown is going to have a figure, or if these figures will be related to Smash Bros. As I said, the Mario figure in the image isn't his Smash Bros one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone on miiverse said that they caught someone activating Dillon as an assist trophy in one of the streams, did anyone else catch where that was? I wanna see how he attacks.

Posting this here, since this game is the reason for their existence: Those PDP Gamecube Classic Controllers:

They actually look really nice. Don't forget that they're Classic Controllers in function, as in they have to connect to the Wii Remote.

Well, I currently have a normal classic controller, but that looks comfier...

1402522022305.png

Apparently a Rhythm Heaven enemy. (From GAF)

Just saw that on Smashboards.

RIDLEY AND K ROOL KONFIRMED!

I dunno. Ridley and K. Rool's subordinates are in Smash Run, so... tongue.png

Honestly I feel the same as JaidynReiman, I think that means they are as likely, however there is only one type of rhythm heaven enemy so far, and one of the tiki minions, and one snowmad, while there are multiple types of Kremlings, which I honestly believe points more towards the coming of K.Rool, combined with the fact that K.Rook is THE iconic DK enemy, and DK is deserving of one if not 2 more reps

just have to wait and see though

Is anyone else worried that the amiibo figures are going to look less awesome once they start mass-producing them? And also that they'll be ridiculously expensive to collect?

Yeah I am. Sakurai said he's gonna collect them all, so they might be priced fairly if they expect people to collect them, but I'm not quite that optimistic haha.

As for quality I'm not too worried, they look amazing so far for what they are and if they get a little bit worse I won't mind.

Someone on miiverse said that they caught someone activating Dillon as an assist trophy in one of the streams, did anyone else catch where that was? I wanna see how he attacks.

It was during the Invitational actually! The announcers couldn't figure out who he was haha. It was in one of the earlier matches but I can't recall which one, he rolls around a lot and catches people inside his rolling/hits them multiple times rather than causing knockback. Seems to be preeetty big with damage.

• Thumbs Up 1