Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

And to think some were saying that there was no way that pac man would have an interesting move set or anything. Those people obviously underestimated sakurai's genius.

Also, that is the best pic of the day so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, they could have chosen worse.

Pac-Man-Atari400.jpg

pacman-big.jpg

Yes, yes they could have, Imagine if they kept his original name.

puckman.jpg

So Pac-Man isn't "Pac-Man" but "classic Namco."

I like it.

Does that mean we need a modern Namco rep XD perhaps that tekken dude :P though... Sakurai did mention him, perhaps he's a hidden fighter 

THIS.

screen-2.jpg

FUCKING THIS!!!!

I swear I just get flashbacks to EGM's Sonic and Tails hoax for Melee. I'd want to time travel just to sneak this into their offices back in the day and watch the ensuing chaos.

It's just so bizarre seeing these iconic mascots going at it! But then, that's Smash Bros. in a nutshell, ain't it?

I don't care about Pac-Man one way or the other (but now I either want to load up Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures for Genesis or Pac-Man World 2 on the Gamecube), but he looks like he'll be a really fun addition.

I'm not very knowledgeable on Kid Icarus (yet), but I believe I've heard word of Pit fighting gods and stuff, right?

Well, I think he's out of his league this time.

tumblr_n6zjapp1Np1sw8d3mo2_500.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

THIS.

screen-2.jpg

FUCKING THIS!!!!

THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE DREAM TEAM.

Also, huh, no Mr.G&W on the website?

• Thumbs Up 1

And to think some were saying that there was no way that pac man would have an interesting move set or anything. Those people obviously underestimated sakurai's genius.

Something they should have known better since the first Smash Bros when they included characters like Captain Falcon. And especially with WFT inclusion in this Smash Bros.

Has the lesson sunk in yet, people?

• Thumbs Up 3

Does that mean we need a modern Namco rep XD perhaps that tekken dude tongue.png though... Sakurai did mention him, perhaps he's a hidden fighter 

Probably just an assist trophy but Namco is co-developing it. Their increased involvement compared to Capcom and Sega might justify a second rep, if so it's most likely Nightmare from Soul Caliber based on the new design of Final Destination.

The site's got a page about customization up. Not really anything major that wasn't mentioned in the roundtable, but it's got some pictures and specifics.

The more I hear about these games, the more I want 'em. This is seriously shaping up to be the best SSB game so far. Sooo much effort and detail is being put into these two games, it's almost ridiculous.

Also, am I the only one who noticed just how freakin' fast the characters move in this game? Like, even Bowser looks nimble and agile in this game. It's kinda weird.

The more I hear about these games, the more I want 'em. This is seriously shaping up to be the best SSB game so far. Sooo much effort and detail is being put into these two games, it's almost ridiculous.

Also, am I the only one who noticed just how freakin' fast the characters move in this game? Like, even Bowser looks nimble and agile in this game. It's kinda weird.

Yeah, only thing I wish is that mii's weren't restricted to friend online matches. Makes me wonder what the point of for fun mode is now :(

But besides that yeah, i'm really loving this.

He hungers!

Oh wow. They even went and used my favorite version of him too. Odd though, figured they'd stick with the new design.

General reaction from the internet:

tumblr_n6zhtnPluL1qeh39oo1_500.gif

You know what really shocked me today? Was how fast the gameplay was. Did this get a speed upgrade or something, cause it looks alot different from the Mario vs Megaman match last year.

And not just the Smash Invitational (which was great). I'm also talking about the random matches people had on the showfloor.

THIS.

screen-2.jpg

FUCKING THIS!!!!

tumblr_md1gbqBDZC1r1l6qm.gif

HOLY SHIT!!!!! MY FUCKING DICK!!!!

*Ehem* on a serious note though, I'm glad to see that Pac-Man is finally in Smash. I'm also so glad they're using his Pac World design instead of the Ghost Adventures one, because that GA's one was just... eugh no. Just no. But anyway, Welcome to the Smash family Pac!

• Thumbs Up 1

Come now, 4 of the most well known gaming icons in the world in one game, how could Pac Man miss this?

I'm just glad they didn't use that Ghostly Adventures design.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm starting to think our "Retro" characters in this game are Pac-Man and Mega Man. Both are based on their Retro designs, even.

Oh my god you guys.

All these were on that one roster list. Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii, Pac-Man, and Palutena. 

WHO ELSE WAS ON THE LIST?

Oh my god you guys.

All these were on that one roster list. Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii, Pac-Man, and Palutena. 

WHO ELSE WAS ON THE LIST?

Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven, Chrom, and Skulk.

And to be completely fair, his list had the descriptor "Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y" instead of specifically "Greninja", and did not specify that the Miis would be listed as "Mii Fighters".

Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven, Chrom, and Skulk.

And to be completely fair, his list had the descriptor "Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y" instead of specifically "Greninja", and did not specify that the Miis would be listed as "Mii Fighters".

He did in his most recent leak about 40 minutes before the Digital Event. The main detractor is Pokemon from X and Y, but it doesn't mean much. Basically, early on they wanted a character from X/Y, and chose Greninja a long time before X/Y was released. By the Smash Bros. Direct he SHOULD have known it was Greninja, but whatever, doesn't matter at this point anyway.

I'm starting to think we'll get Lucina instead of Chrom, though, and I still don't think Chorus Men are a shoe-in. Mainly because they could have problems late in development so they pull them back and perhaps make them an AT. I think we may get Lucina instead of Chrom because Lucina has an NFC figure, and clearly the info is outdated. He got some updated info, but there's no guarantee its all accurate.

Either way, the first leak is correct, that we know. We also know parts of the third leak are correct, but other stuff has been off in the past, and he has missed characters (Rosalina).

Figures that Pacman would have to borrow from completely different games in order to work. Oh well, despite my distaste of him I have to admit his trailer was pretty funny, and his moveset is so damned discordant it's kind of hard to stay mad at in a way.

Thinking back to Palutena, is it just me or does she do that Snake thing where her normals are essentially specials in disguise? She has a lot of exotic shit in her moveset and there's no way every one of those is a special - Celestial Fireworks for example looks as though it could be a tilt or a smash. I just have a hard time imagining what goes where.

• Thumbs Up 1