Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I actually wanna be surprised this time around.

Everyone knew what Brawl had because of Dojo posts. So I like that Mr.Sakurai, keep screwing with us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, the Smash Ball is back. Time to disable it in the options! XP

I hope Mario, Link, Toon Link and Lucario (and some others) get better Final Smashes this time. I always thought their Final Smashes in Brawl were uninspiring and not that powerful.

I actually wouldn't mind if all characters receive new Final Smashes, rather than rehash the ones from Brawl.

Though, I won't complain if that's not the case.

That's a shame. I was hoping for a method of Final Smashing that doesn't inherently favour the fastest character in a match. Oh well.

That's a shame. I was hoping for a method of Final Smashing that doesn't inherently favour the fastest character in a match. Oh well.

In personal experience, it's the second fastest character who gets the ball, with the first chipping away most of it's durability before falling away.

Although I guess Snake and the Earthbound guys have an easier time of it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well we've known that the Smash Ball was coming back since the game's debut:

illust-modal.jpg

But yeah, some characters just have a much easier time getting the Smash Ball. I don't think it's necessarily the fastest character but the one with the best air moves.....

...fucking Wario...

Also, we already knew that Wi-Fit Trainer and Little Mac have final smashes, so it was legit to think that the Smash Ball would have come back in some way or another.

I'd be kinda sad if sonic doesn't change his final smash but then again his final smash was so good.

I just hope that if he gets a new one, it better be good.

Is there really anything other than the iconic Super Sonic that could be Sonic's Final Smash?

A Final Smash is basically a Super move, and nothing Sonic has is as Super as his golden form.

Is there really anything other than the iconic Super Sonic that could be Sonic's Final Smash?

A Final Smash is basically a Super move, and nothing Sonic has is as Super as his golden form.

But what about hyper sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

No.

Just no.

Hyper Sonic was a one time thing that's now irrelevant.  Super Sonic is Sonic's most staple and iconic transformation.

• Thumbs Up 3

He can be super, but he can probably do different stuff with super sonic, but from sonic games most of the time your super sonic, you ram into stuff. Hopefully he can come up with something.

And I cannot wait to see his super form in this game in HD

A form that he achieves in only one game, whereas Super Sonic has been around longer, been around for more games, and is much more easily recognizable in the medium thanks to merchandise. Aka, iconic.

Sonic is the only character in the Smash roster, other than Ganondorf with his Ganon form, to have a canon technique that serves as a ultimatum type of move that supersedes all of his other techniques. It would be close to criminal to remove that aspect from his Final Smash.

I imagine that if by some miracle Daisy got in as playable, perhaps her moveset could be more based around actual kicks and acrobatic moves as opposed to Peach's grace-like movements and attacks.

But I wonder if Rosalina will be any fun, to me she looks like she uses Luma's for most of her attacks like Olimar does with his Pikmin squadron.

It still kinda bothers me how Sonic's final smash can ruin the fight. Fighting sonic with items can sometimes be annoying and its almost impossible to dodge a experience player when doing Sonic's FS and not having a fighting chance to survive. Plus he's the fastest character so its easy for him to get it.

But its different when your sonic, it feels good, but its still too easy.

I like to play serious with items on just as much with no items.

Funny how mario kart is so different, no items is sooooooo boring.

In the case of Sonic, Sonic's main problem is that he's insanely fast with little ability to knock away opponents. His Final Smash is incredibly op, though. Personally I think his Final Smash is perfect, though, there's nothing better than Super Sonic for Sonic's Final Smash. But Sonic's regular moves need the ability to knock back better. Granted, despite his little knockback strength, he's still around middle tiers for Brawl which is rather decent overall.

Due to his speed, he shouldn't get a HUGE improvement in knockback, but maybe have a few attacks that cause further knockback as well as a couple more proper smash moves. Not too much, but enough that he can actually defeat enemies. Other than these couple of flaws Sonic is pretty good and he definitely doesn't need a new Final Smash, either.

• Thumbs Up 3

Even though he lacks power, he is able to survive long enough, because his recovery is so good, and him being fast makes it easy to land hits on players and dodge by running away sometimes.

I would replace his down air and forward air.

If to change one of his specials, I'd change his side special. I like his down spindash better.

Even though he lacks power, he is able to survive long enough, because his recovery is so good, and him being fast makes it easy to land hits on players and dodge by running away sometimes.

I would replace his down air and forward air.

The fact that Sonic is able to survive long enough is why Sonic went from very low tier to roughly in the mid tiers. Admittedly, that's way better than a lot of characters, he's even higher than Mario and Link in the tier lists. But he does need a bit more power to make him more competitive. I'd love to see the characters get balanced out well, and Sonic's main weakness is lack of strength. Not that he should be buffed TOO much, but enough so that he's more competent.

Sonic NEEDS to be weak because he has a very high survivability and is insanely fast. But at the same time, he needs to be able to actually KO opponents.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's what I thought too, even though I can survive with him for a while but having to juggle the characters in the air can be a pain sometimes until I mess up.

That's why I mostly get players to get off screen, and I use the homing attack to get them far away from the edge.

I'm okay with his smash attacks, I would change his side smash attack, its nice but its just a simple punch, at least it has power.

Sonic's Side Smash attack is by far his best knockback move. Honestly I think it should stay. Haven't you seen it before, anyway? He originally used that same attack in Sonic the Fighters.

Personally, I think Sonic's moveset should take a bit more inspiration from Sonic Battle as well. Switch a few moves around such as having some of his aerial attacks send shockwaves towards the ground like in Sonic Battle. Maybe his down air could be changed to his Air Shot from Sonic Battle. I think it'd be neat if his Up+B because his Ring Dash from Sonic Battle, but I can't see it happening (I think his spring has been shown in screenshots already anyway).

Spindash -> Spindash Jump -> Bair becomes a true combo at 160% on everyone except Wario, with Nair achieving the same effect roughly 20% later, and Bair by itself kills around 135% on average fresh, so if Sonic is spry and is willing to wait a looooong time to get the KO, he can.

With the purported increase in hitstun in Smash 4, that combo may come a little earlier. It's just a matter of keeping Bair in reserve and letting other natural combos work up the damage so Bair can KO, provided that all of Sonic's moves remain relatively unchanged from Brawl to 4.

Spindash -> Spindash Jump -> Bair

I love that combo, its pretty much the best way to finish off someone. The amount of times I use this. When I'm building up damage, I finish the combo with other air attacks, mostly his forward air.

I would still be okay if he stayed the same and got an increase of knock back. I was just going for moves that would be better to replace.

Well now..... We got 3 3ds stages in less than a week, can we get some wii U? hopefully some info on stages we barely seen like the kid Icarus stage.

And I wanna see some windy hill...

Edited by Jords2Good

I be perfectly fine seeing zero tweaks to Sonic's lack-luster knock-back arsenal, in favor of giving the hog a legitimate dunk move. Sonic's areal game sorely misses out on the threat of the dunk, as he can edge juggle with the best of them but has few options in finishing bros off. Rather than risk unbalancing Sonic by heaping on some more heft to his blows, he could resolve quite a bit of his problems by giving him an axe kick or something.

It would make him a much more dangerous character in the hands of a skilled player and could promote him up from the middle tiers without breaking him.

Alrighty. Gallery of pics coming.

2psp1ma.jpg

rua5na.jpg

339ilx2.jpg

atslys.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's some info on the Nintendo 3DS stage called Super Mario 3D Land! First, it advances by side-scrolling…

Then you continue into the valley--it's in 3D Land, after all. The protruding stone blocks change the angles of the platforms.

After that, back to side-scrolling. Now it gets you moving--you'll have to trot downhill here.

And finally, you get back on rails to go farther into the stage. It takes roughly two minutes to complete a lap, and at the end you go into a giant pipe that takes you back to the beginning. …I know this sequence goes above and beyond a traditional Pic of the Day, so consider this a little something extra on the side from me.

He's decided to wrap up as much info as possible for Super Mario 3D Land, looks like.

In a way, it's a successor to Rainbow Cruise. Roughly a two minute long map that goes through walkoffs and platforms. Sounds like fun to play.

• Thumbs Up 8