Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

So Mario can hump the Pussy Princess's leg?

... sorry.

I'm so fucking pissed I'm out of likes...

The more I see the more I get hype. I can see them doing really elaborate stuff with the clear pipes.

>Toad is for expert players

y sad.png

Ideal for expert players.  I don't think any character is gonna be hard to use generally, but Toad will prolly be the most difficult to use effectively but with the higher reward for it.

Which is exactly how he was in Mario 2 of course.

Edited by JezMM

I'm a bit disappointed. The gameplay will be fine, I'm sure. But this is the successor to the Galaxy games? Galaxy pushed the limits of it's console when is was still new and the whole game felt like a huge, grand adventure. This just looks like your average Wii U game with SM3DL gameplay. Good, but dissapointed.

Oh but cat Mario yes

Edited by Username Taken ~ U. Waffle

I'm a bit disappointed. The gameplay will be fine, I'm sure. But this is the successor to the Galaxy games? Galaxy pushed the limits of it's console when is was still new and the whole game felt like a huge, grand adventure. This just looks like your average Wii U game with SM3DL gameplay. Good, but dissapointed.

Oh but cat Mario yes

Like I said before, this game is most likely a stop-gap for the next main Mario. It's like Nintendo are panic-releasing this one because the U is tanking so hard.

I'm sorry but I really don't see this not being a "big" main Mario game?  This is the direction they're taking 3D Mario in at the moment, and besides all we've seen is gameplay.  I'd be surprised if we do, but there's nothing to say there won't be a hub world or storyline in this yet.

I really really don't see anything that screams rush job here.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

I must admit I was a little underwhelmed that it was just a glorified 3D Land sequel at first, but the more I look back at the trailer and hear some of the stuff in that developer video, the more this game looks like a truly worthy entry in the Mario series. There's some really neat and interesting ideas being put into this one, and it's going to be the closest we're going to get to having a classic Super Mario Bros. game fused with full 3D gameplay like 64 or Galaxy. There's more or less everything you could want in here - all the usual power-ups plus some cool new ones, multiple playable character available right from the off (and with their own unique abilities), interesting level designs... all we need now is a different take on the usual Mario plot (which is pretty much all but confirmed seeing as Peach hasn't been kidnapped this time), and we're golden.

It's not going to be Galaxy 3, no. But it does look like it will be bloody good fun.

The way I see it there are kinda two mario series, there's the one that started with Mario Bros. with the flag poles and the one that started with mario 64 with stars, which end up being the main titles for their respective consoles. I feel that this is one of the former so not a " main game" per say

The way I see it there are kinda two mario series, there's the one that started with Mario Bros. with the flag poles and the one that started with mario 64 with stars, which end up being the main titles for their respective consoles. I feel that this is one of the former so not a " main game" per say

Uh... flagpole Mario games were originally on consoles like every Mario game. Just because they haven't been in the last few years doesn't really change what a "main" Mario game constitutes.

It's like everyone thinks we're getting NSMB again, when we're getting everything but.

Super Mario Bros. 1, 3, and World weren't main games?

You guys are seriously in denial here, like apparently what defines a main mario game is the amount of cut-scenes there are and whether you can play the levels in any order.  Yes they've simplified the cinematicness a bit.  3D World is just the Sonic Colours to Galaxy's Sonic Adventure 2.

I stated that the "stars" games were the main games for their consoles (the 3D ones), so naturally people will assume that stars mean a big budget mario game, not that the originals don't count, just seems that since Marios jump to 3D the big games of the consoles have been star based rather than flagpole based. Sorry for any confusion on my part! Teas mainly to explain why I think this isn't the main mario game on the Wii U

Mario 1: Not A Main Game

When your logic collapses in on itself before you even finish the thought, that's kind of a big sign that you've made a wrong turn somewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

“In short, the answer lies in 3D World’s emphasis on simultaneous 4-player local (only) gameplay. Producer Yoshiaki Koizumi and Director Koichi Hayashida told me that when Super Mario 3D Land was in development, they believed a multiplayer element would be a fantastic addition to that style of game. Though the concept didn’t make it into that 3DS game, they believed the power of Wii U would allow them to fully realize those mechanics.

“Despite having its roots in 3D Land, Hayashida and Koizumi stressed that they are drawing from all corners of Mario’s action genre legacy. Bringing Princess Peach’s floating ability back from the USA version of Super Mario Bros. 2 was a part of this, but so are the more eccentric and wild levels designs from the Galaxy. And there are plenty of smaller references too, such as the collectible green stars that Galaxy first introduced.”

Linky

Basically, they wanted to expand upon 3D Land and make it bigger, better, and with more multiplayer features.

The Green Stars are back in this game, and they were in Galaxy 2 so... does that kinda make it a "main" 3D Mario game going by the suggested logic?

Again I meant a main game for the console (since 3D). Just seems to me since the Jump to 3D Nintendo have made their big mario game about stars or similar, which is why I thought there may be a other game on the way, main game was the wrong wording to use and I apologise again for a mixup, big game would have been better. It's just getting off topic now thanks to speculation and bad wording on my part (just to clarify I do think of mario 1, 2, 3, world ect as main games)

Either which way if this is the only mario we get ill be perfectly happy, it looks great and multiplayer too! I loved 3D land so I should love this, interesting with the movable camera, it should open up a load of new areas and paths!

Like I said before, this game is most likely a stop-gap for the next main Mario. It's like Nintendo are panic-releasing this one because the U is tanking so hard.

Which is still  lame, cause Nintendo always pulled a new Main Mario in the first year of a new console. This feels like it should have been out by launch.

Are you talking about "main games" in that they have hub worlds and objective-based missions instead of being linear levels? It's like with Sonic, trying to go back to his roots. That version of Mario is such a small percentage of the games that it is amazing people are upset about this.

They're combining that open-world feeling with traditional gameplay of classic Mario games. It's essentially trying to be the Generations of Mario games.

Edited by The Kid

Carbo mentioned this in the status box.

The biggest difference is that four players, controlling the classic Super Mario Bros. 2 roster of Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad, can explore the world simultaneously in local multiplayer (online will not be supported, unfortunately).

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4412144/super-mario-3d-world-preview-hands-on-e3-2013

sad_kitty.jpg/relevant

• Thumbs Up 1

Please, for the love of mushrooms, someone make a Nyan Cat remix with Cat Mario!

Or maybe Mario whips out his keyboard from Mario Paint and plays Bowser off after defeating him, Keyboard Cat style...

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, get the hell over it. You actually WANT to play Mario with random people? The multiplayer is built entirely on trolling.

Not too bummed by the lack of online. I've got like, one friend from far away I'd like to play with, but otherwise this looks like a couch game.

I see people being disappointed but I don't think anyone should be surprised.

Oh, get the hell over it. You actually WANT to play Mario with random people? The multiplayer is built entirely on trolling.

That and keeping your friends in hitting-distance. I definitely see what you're saying, but I feel like it should at least be an option.

no online.

fuck you nintendo

just fuck you

Well, at least when you get dicked around at some point in the game, you can actually strangle/deck the parties responsible.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh, get the hell over it. You actually WANT to play Mario with random people?

Online doesn't have to mean random.
  • Thumbs Up 9