Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Previews

Carbo

I had actually forgotten about the "Sonic Cycle". Heck, I can't even remember exactly what it was...doesn't it essentially boil down to "some fans will buy this game they were excited for but end up not liking it"? Can't that be said about literally any game in any series? I actually see why a lot of people believe in it, the problem is if they think it only applies to Sonic.

I just don't see what there is to get upset about. They said something dumb, okay. Just chalk it up to >gaming journalism and call it a day.

Edited by ElementofChaos

Eh I just think they were joking and wanted to piss a few people off for some chuckles.

What I REALLY don't want to happen is reviewers starting off their reviews of the game with something like "Sonic has had a rough 20 years, blah blah blah". It was brought up in Colors and Generations, let's forget it now please.

I heard you charge the spindash by holding the LT and mashing A (like a 3D classic spindash rather than an Adventure one). I'm pretty sure that was in a preview a couple of months ago.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

I heard you charge the spindash by holding the LT and mashing A (like a 3D classic spinach rather than an Adventure one). I'm pretty sure that was in a preview a couple of months ago.

Something I was not aware of. I really wish I knew that before.

I heard you charge the spindash by holding the LT and mashing A (like a 3D classic spinach rather than an Adventure one). I'm pretty sure that was in a preview a couple of months ago.

Wow.... this makes me wish the Spin Dash was on the Left Trigger since Sonic Adventure. I always loved being able to rev the Spin Dash as many times as possible to blast off at full speed.

I think doing the Spindash this way works better for the player. In Sa1, Sa2, etc. you had to charge it by just holding the button and most people would just press it and let it go not really knowing how long it would last(Never mind it being useless). Plus its nice having a rev sound to let you know how much you charged it up or that you are charging it up.

They really saw fit to bring in a super guide?

What would be the problem, exactly? It's not like one is actally forced to use such a feature. Besides, it'll actually help newcomers who are trying to get into the game, but just need a little help with getting things done.

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 3

They really saw fit to bring in a super guide?

The super guide is the talk of the town these days. You  can literally beat a game without having to touch the controls after losing 10000000 times in every single level.

So four acts plus missions sounds interesting. The bonus stages to me sound extremely like Sonic Simulator from Colors for the Chaos Emeralds in the Wii U version while it sounds like special stages for the 3DS version.

the part were it says that the 3DS version's flow of level progress is like old school Sonic as in no overworld map. I hope this doesn't affect cut scenes  I hope they make the cut scene flow like in SA2.

Speaking of not having an Overworld in the 3DS version I guess that saves some space to have other stuff.

What would be the problem, exactly? It's not like one is actally forced to use such a feature. Besides, it'll actually help newcomers who are trying to get into the game, but just need a little help with getting things done.

It's not that I find it a real problem, it's more like from what I've seen the stages seem simple enough and more forgiving then some games.

Though the part about the player loosing their red rings if they die sounds like a fun challenge for me biggrin.png

The super guide is the talk of the town these days. You can literally beat a game without having to touch the controls after losing 10000000 times in every single level.

So four acts plus missions sounds interesting. The bonus stages to me sound extremely like Sonic Simulator from Colors for the Chaos Emeralds in the Wii U version while it sounds like special stages for the 3DS version.

the part were it says that the 3DS version's flow of level progress is like old school Sonic as in no overworld map. I hope this doesn't affect cut scenes I hope they make the cut scene flow like in SA2.

Speaking of not having an Overworld in the 3DS version I guess that saves some space to have other stuff.

Sort of expecting cutscenes similar to Generations 3DS, and I'm not really sold on the description of special stages for the portable version.

Edited by Master Zik

I wonder how the super guide activates, that is, what button do you press? Is it something on the Gamepad's screen, or one of the shoulder buttons (the latter of which I don't think are used for anything else)?

As long as the game doesn't constantly give you pop-ups telling you to use the super guide (kinda like DK), I'm fine with it.

I don't get it about the "old school progress", does that mean we have to replay the WHOLE game to go back to a level that I like replaying?

As long as the game doesn't constantly give you pop-ups telling you to use the super guide (kinda like DK), I'm fine with it.

What the pig? I completely ignore him and keep on truckin'

It means you go through the stages in a linear fashion instead of picking them out of order, like in Sonic 4.

That's all.

I don't get it about the "old school progress", does that mean we have to replay the WHOLE game to go back to a level that I like replaying?

Not really I kind of see it like SA2. where if you lose you still are at the point where you left off. I doubt this game will regress back to beating the whole game in one sit in.

Go play the original Sonic The Hedgehog to find out what "old school progression" means. And it think at this point it's a safe bet to assume that eventually there will be stage select option for the 3DS version. Most likely unlock able.

Edited by Master Zik

Hold on, EIGHT worlds? We initially thought 6, then 7 and now 8. What could the 8th zone be like? Personally I hope it's something mechanical and really 'Sonic final area' feeling. All the other zones are more organic so it will be a nice contrast.

Wait so there's eight zones altogether that means.....
Desert ruins
Silent forest
Windy Hill
Lava Mountain
Sky Road
Tropical Coast
Frozen Factory
Does that mean there's a Space Zone, mountains or underground for the 8th zone?
So those fights with the deadly six throughout the stages themselves are just to slow you down until the build up for the encounter with them also I hope the special stages are different besides a halfpipe something like blue spheres or something new also I'm guessing those tents are the special stages.

It has to be a space zone nearly all main sonic games final stages were fought in space.

Edited by Time Eater

Just to do some maths and such for a minute. In terms of the main stages, ignoring the side ones since we don't have a solid number for them yet...

4 main stages per world X 8 worlds = 32 main levels

For comparison:

Sonic Unleashed-   15 main levels (including sonic, Werehog and Eggmanland).

Sonic Colours-       36 total levels (I've included all of them for fairness but when you consider how many were                                                           short 2 minute levels, it's probably a fair bit less than that).

Sonic Generations-19 main stages (classic and modern)

Looks like Lost World isn't doing too bad in terms of content.

Edited by Liam The Animator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is it really safe to assume that the eighth world would be a full world and not just, say, a single stage followed by the final boss?  SLW still wouldn't be doing badly on the figures, though.