Awoo.

What kind of music do you want in this game, and who'd you want to compose it?

Shiny Gems

This seems like a Cash Cash/Richard Jacques game to me.

Normally I'd place all bets on Cash Cash, but there's a lot being done differently this time. While I'd like to see Cash Cash return, they might bust out some Super Mario Galaxy shit on us.

Edited by Deaf Guy in Music Plant
  • Thumbs Up 1

Need an awesome Main theme! Something like Endless possibilities would go so well here

After seeing the screenshots and footage, Jun Senoue needs to stay the fuck away from this game.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

Senoue, Jacques, Ohtani, Cash Cash are all viable for this game methinks. At the very least, I'd like the Unleashed/Colours music teams to be involved.

Uh, I'm not really very familiar with the intricacies of Sonic X-Treme's production, so what's the deal with those four or five music tracks that are usually associated with it? Were they likely to have even made it into the final game? What kind of legal issues might there be with using those?

...not that I'm the biggest fan of that stuff, and it's still not clear to what extent Lost World actually was inspired by X-Treme, but it might be cute to toss variations on one or two of those songs in as a little nod to the past. Uh, if that's even possible.

Seeing the footage I think this one is really begging for some Jaques... sgea pls

I'm betting on Cash-Cash too. The light-hearted nature of this game would fit perfectly with their music.

Also, after seeing the gameplay, I want this in the game.

I don't care if it's the god damn options menu music, just throw that song in there somewhere and I'll buy 2 copies.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't care as long as it has musics similar to those awesome one's from the sonic xtreme videos.

I mean look at this

it kicks butt

Edited by JackSpicer
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't mind Space Queens in my Lost World, but please, someone (except Jun Senoue) arrange it. I'd rather see it in today's instrumentation, regardless of the original's timeless (apparently) factor.

I just hope they don't take example from Generations and do generic themes, and just bring back tons of older music. 

I fear they may take the safe route that way. The theme in the debut trailer of Lost World was catchy, but they normally give us the game's theme during sonic debut trailers. So I hope there's more to the soundtrack then just electronic beats.

If it is, I'm not touching Sonic for the next 22 years.

Jokes aside, it won't. Sega has a barrage of musicians, and you pretty much need to be able to compose to be hired. (unless you play an instrument, in which case uhhhh)

Besides, Generations was a tribute to the 20 years of Sonic before it - asthetically, gameplay-wise AND musically. They won't be doing that again - even Sonic 4 had original tracks, mediocre as they are.

EDIT: Also, the trailer theme's taken from another song, so don't worry. I'd bet there isn't a single person in Sega's sound team who does music like that, anyway - Not even Cash Cash... Right?

Edited by Can of Nothing

A return to the style of music in Rush would be nice. Hideki Naganuma does really nice work. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering Rush Adventure was done by Ohtani, who does the music for the mainstream series as well, uhhh.....

Though Nagamuna left, it's... possible? They can always commission (or something) Nagamuna though, apparently he's still in touch.

EDIT: Not that I'd want him for Lost World, no. It looks like it's going back to the Genesis roots - why not Naofumi Hataya and his epic 90's-esque tracks like back in the golden Sonic CD days?

Edited by Can of Nothing

I think the one who will be in charge this time will be Ohtani-san.

1) Because he hasn't been the Main composer since unleashed

2) He said on twitter that he can't answer yet if he works on Lost World(which is kinda 50/50 yea but since he didn't deny it at all he might actually be)

3) I think the style of the game suits him very well.

After seeing the screenshots and footage, Jun Senoue needs to stay the fuck away from this game.

Wait what was wrong with Senoue, ive always liked his music a lot.

I like Senoue too, it's just his way of composing the soundtrack just wouldn't be suitable for this game. He's more suited to games that would benefit the rock hint to them.

Edited by TheAzureGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1

He goes all out mad on electric guitars and rock, and otherwise doesn't bring the variety that other musicians do. I don't think his style it at all suited to this game.

His normal compositional style just isn't really one that fits the retro-looking games, and when he tries to conform, he fails.

Horribly, I might add.

There's nothing wrong with guitars (I use them almost every other track, mind) but if they're in an environment or situation that doesn't make it fit... Uh...

He's also skilled with the electric organ apparently. XP

If Tomoya Ohtani is the main composer for SLW I'll be very pleased! I love his music because it's so catchy and fun to listen to. I don't think Jun Senoue's music would suit this game at all. 

Do I even have to say that I want Skankfunk, Tomoya Ohtani and Hideki Naganuma on this (or any Sonic game)? Like really? XD Those three are my personal favorites ever at SEGA. Mix in Kenichi Tokoi and Naofumi Hataya and you've got yourself the most funky hip hoppin' soundtracks ever. I really miss the atmosphere of the original Sonic Rush, to be honest. I really loved how stylized that game became just by adding in the music and the breakdancing moves at the end of each level.

There's so much more to Naganuma and Skankfunk than just Jet Set Radio and Air Gear, too. <3

Waiwaiwaiwait, aren't Hideki and Skankfunk the same guy? Either way, either one of them (AHAHAHAHA) should compose for this game.

I don't have any problem is Jun composing some music for SLW.

On the other hand though i prefer Ohtani-san for this one.

BUT since many times the composers of Sonic share the job i'd like for Jun to take Wind Hill.

I say that cause i am thinking of Windy Valley and i think he'd do justice to this one