Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Is it bad that I'm kind of hoping they'll be Ginyu Force expies (somewhat)?

Or that I'm drawing a picture of them doing a Sentai Stance with Eggman?

• Thumbs Up 2

IMG_0764_zpsd433088b.jpg

Crazy Gadget likes Not-Bowser and she hopes the guardians are all anthros; she also hopes to see the spin dash come back.

I just wanted Knuckles. But no. 

• Thumbs Up 1

KYXsH9P.png?1

The crossover... it begins!

tumblr_m6gelnDEAr1r961iro1_500.gif

TAKE MY LIFE SAVINGS!

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I think the cast is in need of some permanent characters again. Every game just has those one-offers that don't even make it past that initial debut. If they are introducing these things as a minion squad or some sidekick people, hopefully they have a lasting impact to stay. But you don't want them to be too well liked or you'll get Shadow...again. And hopefully,if they contribute to gameplay in anyway, it won't suck playing as/with them or we will get Silver and Big again(Honestly, I liked Big as a character. I hated the fishing). In hindsight, this franchise is rough on new characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

IMG_0764_zpsd433088b.jpg

Crazy Gadget likes Not-Bowser and she hopes the guardians are all anthros; she also hopes to see the spin dash come back.

wat

• Thumbs Up 3

Dawwww it's a widdle hedgehog! :3

I forgot those things aren't blue... tongue.png

*cough* er.. yeah also... on topic...

I've seen the post on lizard features. I'm also getting insectoid vibes, not sure why...

Edited by MamboCat

IMG_0764_zpsd433088b.jpg

...I thought Crazy Gadget was a stage from Sonic Adventure 2, not a hedgehog ;A; MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE!

But in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to seeing what these guardians actually look like.

Personally, I think the cast is in need of some permanent characters again. Every game just has those one-offers that don't even make it past that initial debut. If they are introducing these things as a minion squad or some sidekick people, hopefully they have a lasting impact to stay. But you don't want them to be too well liked or you'll get Shadow...again. And hopefully,if they contribute to gameplay in anyway, it won't suck playing as/with them or we will get Silver and Big again(Honestly, I liked Big as a character. I hated the fishing). In hindsight, this franchise is rough on new characters.

I agree, I think SEGA's onto a decent tactic here. These new characters are sink and swim, they represent something new SEGA is trying and they could go well if they're well written and fun, or they could be hated like most of the other characters introduced recently (besides characters like Pickle, Orbot and Cubot)

If they become popular, they could return, but if not SEGA can just as easily drop them here and never revisit them again, that's the strength of introducing a new cast in bulk like this.

Fingers crossed they're all as original and fun as we hope they'll be.

I really hope that Eggman is involved in the game, I wonder if they'll explain how he managed to escape from the White Space.

It's not really like they explained how he got back to Earth or whatever after Colours, he just coincidentally found the Time Eater lying around, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. It'll probably be all lazy like that. xD

Yeah, that's been posted by Blue Blood.

To be fair, I think that was over 10 pages ago now. Easy to miss it when the topic's been going so fast.

Looks good. The 3D classic Tornado looks even better with the usual shader SEGA uses for renders.

Ugh the discussion in this thread has put my hype levels on such a rollercoaster ride. Though now for my two-cents on the guardians:

The Chick: Gotta agree with Jez on her head being only a fragment of the silhoette with her big hair making up most of it, though I feel that she could be tilting her head a bit and another horn could be hiding behind that big hair of hers. Her green colors also imply that she'll be the forest guardian (going by Blue Blood's set up). Also, does anyone else see what appear to be tiny horns around her pelvicular region?

Waluigi the Mushu is probably gonna end up being the Desert boss since there appear to be pyramids in that area, and he seems like he'd be able to pull the creepy and somewhat undead look.

Staff Rider: I'm pretty sure his "tail" is actually a stash flowing from his head, and I think I might see a scraggly beard. Probably gonna be the old man of the group if the cane wasn't enough of a reason. Think he might be guardian of the ice region, due to his light blue colors and the association between things old and cold

Not Bowser: Definitely leader potential, got a firey look to him so he's probably the fire/volcano guardian. Not sure if the blue thing is a wicked pony tail and it looks like he'll have spikes on his back/shoulders

Grimmace the Goron: Likely Savannah area boss. Most everything that could be said seems to have been said

What'shisfacewhosenameIforgot: Noticing a lot of blue on his so maybe water boss. Also I think that may be more of a lolipop than a rose that he's holding, and he has this weird nose thing

Also, assuming that horn size is a show of rank, the order would be: Staff Rider > Grimmace > Whatshisface > The Chick > Waluigi > Not-Bowser. Though this may have obliterated my ideas of who is where.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not really like they explained how he got back to Earth or whatever after Colours, he just coincidentally found the Time Eater lying around, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. It'll probably be all lazy like that. xD

Orbot and Cubot pushed him around until he found the Time Eater; after that, his position in time and space were irrelevant.

Fits together rather well, I'd say.  Orbot and Cubot were even left behind to help him get back/do other stuff.

lostworldampeggman_zps03a1bd7b.jpg

I'm having WAY too much fun with this.

I really hope that Eggman is involved in the game, I wonder if they'll explain how he managed to escape from the White Space.

I'm afraid I ran out of likes earlier on.

So instead, I'll just save this for my folders.

What'shisfacewhosenameIforgot:

I just call him Professor Sealife due to the potential monocle.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is it bad that I'm kind of hoping they'll be Ginyu Force expies (somewhat)?

Or that I'm drawing a picture of them doing a Sentai Stance with Eggman?

They should have an image song too.

Edited by Falco

Come to think of it, Orbot and Cubot are still in the normal universe ... maybe they'll have something to do with Eggman escaping the White World, if they bother to explain it?

Come to think of it, Orbot and Cubot are still in the normal universe ... maybe they'll have something to do with Eggman escaping the White World, if they bother to explain it?

I imagine he'll have built a machine of some sort in case of his failure and have the bots activate it.

It'll get a passing mention at best.

I don't imagine their escape will be mentioned, especially if this is something of a reboot.

Continuity will be kept to a minimum to keep that Saturday morning cartoon vibe, with jokey references here 'n' there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay after reading through all the posts from today I'll put my thoughts out.

1.There are so many posts I wish I could like! Sadly I can't...:(

2. The designs look very interesting. Hopefully when we see the actual full pics of these characters we won't be disappointed.They look at the moment "different" from what I expect Sonic characters to usually look like, but different doesn't necessarily mean bad. I'm open to see what it can do. We've been surprised before(Wisps,Dark gaia spawns,etc.)

3. I'm still not seeing why it's such a horrible thing that Sonic is adapting a pretty successful cartoony style into his own series. It works very well and brings life to the world. I'd rather that than lots of bland characters and designs created for the sake of being more "original." I loved the designs from Monsters Inc., so if these ended up being inspired by that design, I'm perfectly fine with that. That just means more creative,fun and different designs to expect.(Not to mention like said by some before, Monsters Inc designs were are very different from eachother....so....)

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course Eggman escaped White Space... he's the Eggman... he's got the master plan...

Of course Eggman escaped White Space... he's the Eggman... he's got the master plan...

More importantly, he'll conquer the world with his tool.

• Thumbs Up 6

This one been posted yet?

*Tornado*

I know it's been extracted and enlarged from the site background... only this looks like an original new image?

Side Note: If you view this post in Sonical, it looks like Sonic & Tails are about to crash into a giant Sonic.

Yeah it's been posted, but the source is really odd. It was posted on a press site way back on the 17th when the game was announced