Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Sega's really trolling us with this physic's crap. I can only imagine how many people fell over themselves to make a Sonic 4 joke.

On another note, they really are getting their monies worth out of that Sonic costume. Gotta love it. ^^

This might be of interest to people...

I've done a quick comparison of the Lost World U, Colours Wii, Generations HD and Unleashed HD credits. While it confirms nothing, the development teams for Lost World and Colours have more in common with each other than with Generations and Unleashed. Similarly Generations and Unleashed are quite similar. Since the last generation, we've kind of had the games split into big and small main games. Unleashed HD, '06, and Generations falling into the big category, SatSR, SatBK, Unleashed SD and Colours falling into the small one.. This could mean that Lost World is another storybook team title, and that the next main game will be a grander affair.

Just food for thought. If you're interested in getting a proper idea of it/proving me wrong cause I've not looked into it in massive detail, I suggest you go and look up the games credits yourself.

I'm not surprised by this. But it is interesting. I wonder what the next game will look like. I reckon it would probably have the higher budget overall, so maybe better production values, and less rubbish boss battles (knowing Unleashed HD and Gens though, puts that into question)

I'm not surprised by this. But it is interesting. I wonder what the next game will look like. I reckon it would probably have the higher budget overall, so maybe better production values, and less rubbish boss battles (knowing Unleashed HD and Gens though, puts that into question)

Knowing the Sonic series put that into a bigger question overall...

Sega have been very quiet about the third exclusive thus far, makes me very interested in wondering what i could be......

But hopefully they still stick to 60FPS, 30FPS with so many drops up the carcass hurts the experience for me. :C

Similarly Generations and Unleashed are quite similar. Since the last generation, we've kind of had the games split into big and small main games. Unleashed HD, '06, and Generations falling into the big category, SatSR, SatBK, Unleashed SD and Colours falling into the small one..

Unleashed SD was done by DIMPS, AFAIK.

Edited by Narukami07

Unleashed SD was done by DIMPS, AFAIK.

They only assisted with Day Stage design, emphasis on "assisted" too.  A lot of people cite them as making the entire game, but they aren't even mentioned in the credits.  I think it is more along the lines of some staff members joined the Unleashed SD team to help out.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

They only assisted with Day Stage design, emphasis on "assisted" too.  A lot of people cite them as making the entire game, but they aren't even mentioned in the credits.  I think it is more along the lines of some staff members joined the Unleashed SD team to help out.

A single staff member from Dimps worked on Unleashed.

Lead Day Time Level Designer (Dimps): Masaaki Yamagiwa

That's it. Nobody else. The rest was Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 2

A single staff member from Dimps worked on Unleashed.

That's it. Nobody else. The rest was Sonic Team.

Well, dang. How come it played so differently from its HD counterpart, then?

Well, dang. How come it played so differently from its HD counterpart, then?

One was the main game, with a big budget and lots of effort gone into it. The other was cheaply made clone to rake in extra money. Honestly, I think that Colours has more in common with Unleashed Wii than HD.

But back to Lost World, I do have to wonder if the third Nintendo exclusive will be a second main game by Sonic Team, or another spin off.

I don't think it was wise to show footage of the Deadly Six Edition without mentioning it, but still a funny ad.

You know what, it would be super out of left field, but it COULD be a CHUCK DE HEAD game, now that would be cool

• Thumbs Up 1

Its listed on the same date as Lost World's NA release so.....

Guess the game is way more dark and edgy than we all expected.

Won't be Sonic related.

Will probably be House of the Dead related (Halloween is in like.. 2 days after Oct 29)

• Thumbs Up 1

well.......tomorrow is the day guys to try this game out and to see what it is all about. 

FINALLY!! Seriously what were they thinking, delaying the NA release like this!?

Edited by Jovahexeon