Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Sooooooo are we gonna have a Sonic Lost world Tournament here? Generations went well and I think we should do it again With this game. 

Its only a matter of time...

Although this game has a dedicated head-to-head multiplayer mode this time. Instead of just posting times, we may well just be taking it straight to each others throats in high stakes races to the death.

If he were we would've heard about it already.

Yeah, I'm sure there would have been someone who wouldn't shut about it if he were involved. Those Nintendo co-production rumors quietly went out to left field and died.

So...is that guy a game reviewer or just some random neogaf dude? Not sure what it matters either way but...

Dude from GAF.

Reviews for this game make me feel a bit cautious so far.... :C

Edited by Narukami07

... Eh, I'm still gonna wait until I get my hands on the game before I start doomsaying.

My only real concerns with the game is the story not living up to the obviously great potential it has and the game effectively turning into "Sonic Colours 2" with an over-fixation on Wisps and blocky platforming when the parkour provides so much opportunity for truly multidimensional level design.

My hype isn't what it was in the past few months but I'm still eager to play it.

• Thumbs Up 1

....If it makes some of you feel better, another guy in the same thread played a demo from Eurogamer and is excited about it's release. :P

The same reason people start celebrating when there are positive impressions.
Those are the grand majority, which means that the game will most likely be relatively good, so we shouldn't be so worried about the minority.

Those are the grand majority, which means that the game will most likely be relatively good, so we shouldn't be so worried about the minority.

I know, it's just that the second comment i posted is getting under my skin. 

Like literally, Sega has come so far with mainline Sonic game's streak of well-received titles so far. I'd hate to hear people come back and chant about the Sonic Cycle all over again if Lost World ends up not doing so hot, and i HATE the Sonic Cycle BS as much as anyone else does.

Edited by Narukami07

Like literally, Sega has come so far with mainline Sonic game's streak of well-received titles so far. I'd hate to hear people come back and chant about the Sonic Cycle all over again if Lost World ends up not doing so hot, and i HATE the Sonic Cycle BS as much as anyone else does.

It doesn't stop people from chanting it anyway with every Sonic game regardless if the games is well received or not. They'll just wait until the next Sonic game is announced and repeat.

Edited by sonfan1984

There are more and more mixed impressions poping up though. While we should acknowledge the majority, we shouldn't exclude the negative.

I just....I've grown accustomed to this community along with the hype that's happens throughout the past months with Lost World. I want to express how it's been a joy to hang out with you guys in anticipation for this game, for better or worse, and i'd feel bummed out if upon release that there'd be disappointment with a plat former-centered Sonic game. Especially since it's the reason i'm planning to purchase a Wii U around X-mas and such. :/

There are more and more mixed impressions poping up though. While we should acknowledge the majority, we shouldn't exclude the negative.

I expect the game to be around a 7 to 8/10 in terms of scores, which i actually hope is the case instead of going lower (which i bet there will be 2-3 reviews fitting that case).

Edited by Narukami07

>Sonic Lost World OT (NEOGAF)

Finally there's a thread on one for this game, but.......

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696691

I'm a bit worried on what the reviews will be on the game..... :C

DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!

It really doesn't take a lot to get you nervous does it?

So...is that guy a game reviewer or just some random neogaf dude? Not sure what it matters either way but...

To my knowledge he's just a regular user on the site.

Edited by Master Zik

DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!

It really doesn't take a lot to get you nervous does it?

:D...............I'm so paranoid it hurts like hell. DX

Edited by Narukami07

So I guess those positive previews just don't matter anymore huh.

Yet when we gush over a positive preview we get chewed out for ignoring the bad ones.

Just can't win mang.

So I guess those positive previews just don't matter anymore huh.

what positive reviews?

I just....I've grown accustomed to this community along with the hype that's happens throughout the past months with Lost World. I want to express how it's been a joy to hang out with you guys in anticipation for this game, for better or worse, and i'd feel bummed out if upon release that there'd be disappointment with a plat former-centered Sonic game. Especially since it's the reason i'm planning to purchase a Wii U around X-mas and such. :/

Heh, reminds me of the hype train for Sonic 06. Mind you, I wasn't even involved on the internet that much at the time,  but oh boy was the hype for 06 a big-time joy fest. Imagine my initial disappointment when I found out it was coming to all but the Wii (which I got for 7th gen); heck I actually cried and pondered saving up for a PS3 to obtain the game! Luckily, I ended up pretty sweet with the abundance of other Sonic games on the Wii! smile.png

Now cut ahead to my 10th grade days and I come to Tv tropes and I happen to stumble across the Sonic 06 page and the pokecapn lp. And then I really dove into the info of it and well...I was shocked at how the shit had hit the fan with 06's release. Man oh man was I disappointed and I didn't put money towards the game! (never did get around to obtaining a PS3 anyway, no hard feelings).

Made me even more appreciative of Secret Rings than I already was!

Now considering how the hype for this game seems to actually reaching the level of 06's hype, I can see why you're worried; I still can't believe how big a bullet I dodged with 06 and the Wii!unsure.png

But by all means, don't get too worked up over the negative views. It's that sort of paranoia that tends to fuel buzzwords like the Sonic Cycle BS.

Edited by Jovahexeon

That said, I'm not too worried for this game. It certainly looks and sounds like we've got another winner on our hands! :D