Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/387735228133167104

It sounds like he deleted it because the game was embargoed and he didn't realize it.  

edit:  Beat me to it hogfather

by the by, what is the point of a reviews embargo?  Are they worried  about the bad press or what?

I actually didn't even know there was an embargo on reviews, I thought it was more of a do what you want thing.

Oh boy, only ten days

I'm going to try and forget this game exists so I don't find myself counting down the days and making it all the longer

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, only ten days

I'm going to try and forget this game exists so I don't find myself counting down the days and making it all the longer

One of those times I wish I lived in the place with the earlier release date, oh well, its good that the people in the UK can play this early atleast.

I been thinking that Dr.Eggman is going to be the final boss and sonic has to destroy that giant vaccum that is sucking all the life and color out of the lost hex. The deadly six will turn good and help sonic defeat Dr. Robotnik

the Deadly Six won't turn good since Zavok wants world domination as much as Eggman, I think this time SEGA are actually keeping the bad guys, bad guys.

Sonic Lost World DEMO available in Japanese E-shop:

株式会社セガは、2013年10月24日発売予定のWii U/ニンテンドー3DS用ソフト『ソニック ロストワールド』について、本日からニンテンドーeショップにて無料体験版の配信を開始いたしました。
無料体験版は、Wii U、ニンテンドー3DSそれぞれの機種にて配信しています。Wii U版の体験版では「ウィンディヒル Zone1」を、ニンテンドー3DS版の体験版では「ウィンディヒル Tutorial」と「ウィンディヒル Zone1」を遊ぶことができます。さらに、それぞれの体験版で出したスコアなどのデータは、製品版に引き継ぐことが可能です。発売より一足先に『ソニック ロストワールド』の生まれ変わった高速3Dアクションをお楽しみください。
無料体験版は、各機種のニンテンドーeショップからダウンロードいただけます。

Edited by Woun

the Deadly Six won't turn good since Zavok wants world domination as much as Eggman, I think this time SEGA are actually keeping the bad guys, bad guys.

I'd welcome that change of pace with open arms. Bonus points if they can make the D6 a recurring factor of the franchise to keep things fresh.

• Thumbs Up 1

"On Japanese E-Shop"

So...there's a chance we....no, no I don't want to get my hopes up THAT high....

Oh it's a Wii U demo oh darn for me then.

FFFFFUUUUUUUU

Dammit! SO close. You bastards better bring this over to the US, it's the least you can do for delaying the damn game >:/

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Lost World DEMO available 

1360549093445.gif

in Japanese E-shop:

GUH.

Hopefully they'll release it in the US E-Shop soon, right? .... Right?

I having trouble understanding why you believe the "villians" of this game will suddenly turn good. Just because about half(Shadow...S...Silver, Merlina, Chaos too I guess)the bad guys turned good. None of the stated few were ever evil to begin with, 2 of them were well intentioned to the extreme but using the wrong method, 1 was an angry Water God, and the last one had screwed up priorities. The other bad guys(BioLizard, Metal Sonic, Black Doom, Solaris, Erazor djinn, and Dark Gaia)were not likely. 2 of them were Angry God creatures, 1 was a generic evil alien, 1 was an evil genie, the last 2 were scientific creations that went out of control, they aren't really the type to just become good instantly after being defeated. Besides Metal and Dark Gaia(Who just went back to sleep), they were just killed off. I don't really see the Deedly 6 becoming good, not with their personalities or designs. Re-occuring...maybe, but not actually changing their orientation like that.

The JP demo has 30 uses. It'll be unlimited uses for me, 'cause I'm NEVER turning off my system after I download the demo, until I buy the full game.

• Thumbs Up 5

what levels are available on the demo

Looks like no more fancy gamebreaking speedruns :<

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

What levels are available on the demo?

Wii U - Windy Hill Zone 1

3DS - Windy Hill Tutorial, Windy Hill Zone 1

What levels are available on the demo?

Windy Hill Zone 1 for Wii U.

Tutorial and Zone 1 for 3DS. EDIT: NINJA'D. >:U Also apparently you can move to the other zones on the hub, you just can't access them. (That might be the case in the Wii U version too, but we haven't gotten any info on it yet, just that it exists.)

Edited by Sonic Omochao

Hey guys.....ranks are back....Has no one noticed that or...?

Jim Sterling is a bit...biased with his scores (Kirby's Return to Dreamland a 10/10 wut), but I still don't think he's as bad as the likes of Tom Mcshae. God forbid he reviews SLW!

Anyways, hopefully this demo will be released over here soon. It's coming out in a matter of days dammit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JpmuVt7cS4

Awesome speedrun of Windy Hill 3DS. The spin dash works like in the Wii U (keeps going after a jump), slightly improved Sonic model, and the speed shoe theme is now the Super Sonic theme from Colors!

EDIT: It's actually a Reach for the Stars instrumental.

Edited by Necro
  • Thumbs Up 2

Those kinds of speed ruins aren't going to crop up straight away. The speed runners need time to exploit the secrets.

It seems as though the key with speed running is going to mastering the Spindash and knowing when to opt for it over the run. I noticed that the Spindash seems to go on indefinitely until you release the ZL trigge kind of line the boat except you have to stop to charge it and it sacrifices control.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

So was that GamesRadar demo the Japanese demo, or what? I hope the demo comes out on the eShop soon...

Edited by Wil348