Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

The theme music sounds like Windy Hill. I'm guessing Windy Hill is a remix of the main theme.

You forgot that it occasionally saves you from falling to your death. Yes, I know, the double jump makes it obsolete in that regard, but I prefer a light speed mid air boost over a floaty one.

This, plus its still technically an air dash, they both share the same purpose and work in almost the exact same way (both meaning the one in colors compared to the ones in previous games).

Gamescom Trailer is up

We have footage of a new level, the co-op and multiplayer mode, new wisp, and Miiverse functionality.

Edited by lefteri001

[The "air-dash" can be done in all of the Boost trilogy with an empty boost meter. The Air-dash can't be done in Colors. They don't act the same, but both can be used for that One important thing, Saving you when you mis-jump(Colors level design in areas allow this). The "air dash" acts the same way in the Rush games as it does in Colors(when you empty boost meter)getting start up speed.]

I'll just stop and call the "Air-dash" the Jump-dash now.

After seeing the Gamescom footage preview, it seems he does have the "air-dash".

Edited by Chrononego

OK in the Gamescom footage I hear hints of Windmill isle in frozen factory, in fact it sounds like a chilled out remix of the day stage. In Silent forest I hear Shamar.

Frozen factory 2 starts at 7:37 with Silent forest right after that.

Edited by Sunic Man

Sonic and Tails have chatter in co-op mode, hopefully this will provide an entertaining way for them to interact even if Tails isn't there 'in person'.

Side note, that's got to be Roger Craig Smith as Zor,I hope he sounds better than first impressions because as of now he sounds like Sonic-tripping-balls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay... Gamescom. You've really got me wanting Lost World now. Those levels looks real challenging. And notice again, mention of Amy and Knuckles as friends showing up in the story.

As for the trailer, variety in the levels, co-op looks like a help or help type thing [judgement on the hindrance will take place once the game is released, as they so aren't going to show being mean in co-op] and multiplayer with only different coloured Sonic's. While other characters in his place would have been good [we've got like... four speed characters from Heroes you could use? Plus Blaze if you don't want Amy as a speed character], I'll take the red Sonic, as it looks like both players can choose their colour.

Hooray for colour swap fan characters! <sarcasm>

But, October's going to be a busy month for me. Well... expensive, anyway.

Wait a min, Remember when (I forgot the user name) someone posted the gameplay of the Sonic Boom build of SLW, and at the beginning of Windy Hill zone, you can see Tails plane flying?

Well, as we saw on the Gamescom trailer, We see three seconds of the GCI cutscene that has Tails flying a plane with Sonic on it, so maybe the game starts after that said cutscene.

Wait a min, Remember when (I forgot the user name) someone posted the gameplay of the Sonic Boom build of SLW, and at the beginning of Windy Hill zone, you can see Tails plane flying?

Well, as we saw on the Gamescom trailer, We see three seconds of the GCI cutscene that has Tails flying a plane with Sonic on it, so maybe the game starts after that said cutscene.

Yeah, sounds like exactly like how I predicted.

Sonic Colors did the same.

it introduces to the first stage like colors with the tornado under fire and sonic descending to begin the first act with the plane flying to the right

Sounds more like Sonic 4 Ep. 2 opening to me, except as a full cutscene instead of using the game graphics. Fine by me, haven't done this in a main game since Unleashed...well, the Opening cutscene before gameplay thing I mean.

Edited by Spinning Silver

Sega Press vault is showing those blue icons by Sonic Lost World again.

Might get some new screenshots this week.

Sega Press vault is showing those blue icons by Sonic Lost World again.

Might get some new screenshots this week.

Probably official screenshots of Frozen Factory.

Well there goes our HUB hopes :/

Edit: there are hopes yet for gameplay hints!! I soy an Omochao button!

Edited by Jolt_TH

Did you forget P.A.Works х)

New Screenshots, btw: 

28284MiiVerse_A_130801_01.jpg

I'm assuming the large B under that level on the bottom left is a rank of some kind? 

I'm assuming the large B under that level on the bottom left is a rank of some kind?

Which is odd because the other level doesn't have a letter but has clearly been beaten as evidenced by the fact that Red Rings have been collected.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

About that level select. Notice that the levels are spaced 2 hexagons apart (you can just barely see the third stage on the far right). Those could potentially be unlockable stages to play. I would say that potentially this could be a hub, notice the tent sonic is facing. There's no way to access that on the path he's on. Unless they go the mario world style of unlocking secret paths on the map screen via things like secret exits in levels.

Edited by Liam The Animator

Which is odd because the other level doesn't have a letter but has clearly been beaten as evidenced by the fact that Red Rings have been collected.

I noticed. Curious. 

Okay now the hub world is so NSMB also the fucker omachao's back yep this is indeed New Super Mario Bros 2.0 but I'm still getting it....