Awoo.

Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)

Detective Shadzter

The game's Metacritic score currently sits at a reasonably solid 77, based on 21 reviews.

One thing I couldn't help but notice about the game's description on the site though is this:

Luigi and his Mushroom Kingdom neighbors are teeing up once again in Mario Golf: World Tour.

Luigi getting top billing? I thought this was... y'know... Mario Golf? :lol: looks like the Year of Luigi continues to live on in Metacritic's eyes!

I Googled the excerpt, and it seems it dates from a Year of Luigi promo text for the game.  Obviously, the game was then delayed, so the Luigi plug is now meaningless and arbitrary.

I Googled the excerpt, and it seems it dates from a Year of Luigi promo text for the game.  Obviously, the game was then delayed, so the Luigi plug is now meaningless and arbitrary.

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. Still, it gave me a chuckle, so it's all good :lol:

Got this 2 days early and it's pretty fun so far, though I haven't played much yet.  Only disappointment is Daisy is just as toned down as she usually is in recent games.  She has almost the exact same victory animations as Peach, and all her voice clips are reused. =C  Also I knew this from the demo, but I dislike that the Par shot has the same downbeat music as the above par shots.  Kind of dissonant considering that shot is still okay as far as scoring goes.

I just started Castle Club mode and the first door I tried lead to the Ladies' Changing Room.  Guess what NPC was hanging around in there.

Birdo.  Mushroom Kingdom for trans rights!

Launch and DLC trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LfPg9lpx2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm2K7lkZxqI

So for those of you wonder/paranoid, the dlc isn't on cartridge

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/227561-mario-golf-world-tour-dlc-size-breakdown-content-not-locked-on-cartridge

Mario Golf: World Tour - DLC size breakdown, content not locked on cartridge

May 03, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

Three-Pack Set / Season Pass — 489 blocks
Mushroom Pack — 447 blocks
Free-Trial Course Pack — 138 blocks

For those wondering, it seems that this DLC content isn't locked away on the actual cartridge. The sizable downloads point to content that you're actually downloading and installing. Some were worried that this DLC would be a case of simply purchasing a small bit of data to unlock content already installed on the game.

Link

This game is so much fun I don't even know where to begin.

It is such a pleasant but clever way to kill some time. Choosing to go digital on this one is a choice I won't regret, there's an incredible amount of things to do here that I can easily see myself shooting some holes whenever my 3DS is on hand. The game is filled to the brim with content, easily one of the more justifiable games that received a huge delay, and oh man the online. It is easily one of the best online games that's available on the 3DS. The game is built all around it and there is so much to do.

Mario Golf on N64 is a game I still play to this very day. It's an impeccable game that turned Golf one incredibly strategic sport into one hell of a fun game that still maintains so many of it's intricacies. This feels like all of that and more, and the amount of stuff to do with the Castle Club concept will hold your attention for a long time.

Much like the old Golf games, don't underestimate this title just because it's Golf. I can only recommend this, and the DLC is easily worth the asking price this far.

• Thumbs Up 5

Can definitely agree with the sheer amount of content on offer.  I'm overwhelmed with how many things there are to do and play.  I've played the Forest Course several times now but under completely different circumstances every time, always working towards something new.  It says something about how fun the game is that I've chosen to do this over playing some unlocked courses because the base gameplay is just so much fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

08-5856-3964-6752

I made a Stroke Play Community for SSMB. Standard Mario characters (DLC too) only, no Star or Mii. I figured that's what people would want but I can always change the rules for it. It's 9 hole, players take turns, items allowed.

08-5856-3964-6752

I made a Stroke Play Community for SSMB. Standard Mario characters (DLC too) only, no Star or Mii. I figured that's what people would want but I can always change the rules for it. It's 9 hole, players take turns, items allowed.

Coolio, but why no Miis?  No issue with it as I'd prolly play Daisy anyway, just curious what the reason is.

Not sure I'd always want to play with items though... at least not on Castle Club courses anyway.  Nothing's stopping us making more than one community or arranging games privately though.

How many people here actually own this?  Topic has been pretty slow since release.  If you haven't posted already make yourselves known guys!

I can turn the items off, I was just confirming what people wanted. As for Miis, I turned them off because they had the issue of being incredibly broken in Mario Tennis Open, so I wanted to remove that possibility. I'll remove the items, though.

Edit: Items are off. By the way, each person can create 2 communities per gamecard.

My god. How does this guy not star in anything other than these sports games? I'd love to see him go nuts.

YqCjigZ.png

• Thumbs Up 3

My god. How does this guy not star in anything other than these sports games? I'd love to see him go nuts.

YqCjigZ.png

Waluigi Dating game confirmed

Made a Match Play community where anything's allowed (both Star Characters and Mii) and items are on.

16-5055-5934-3060

Here's how to unlock the extra characters.

Character 1: 40 Star Coins

Character 2: 45

Character 3: 50

Character 4: 55

Toad

Kamek

Paratroopa

Birdo

Impossible. Waluigi's one true love is and will forever remain Waluigi.

• Thumbs Up 1

Impossible. Waluigi's one true love is and will forever remain Waluigi.

What about a mirror?

What about a mirror?

Waluigi doesn't care about mirrors, he merely respects them for their ability to show reflections of Waluigi.

• Thumbs Up 2

I own this game and so far I love it. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of it yet though! Only just became the champion of Forest and Seaside courses. The Mountain one is pretty tough. 

If there's one thing I can count on Camelot for in the Golf games, it's the soundtrack. The games themselves are great, but damn, the soundtracks just hit the right notes for me.

[Koopa Park]

[sudden Death]

And my personal favorite:

[Dormie Hole]

Motoi Sakuraba, time to show your stuff once again!

And just like clockwork:

Knew I could count on you Sakuraba. Keep on keeping on. <3

*coughs* Wario Date *coughs*

I unlocked all the characters, so they're available to play as in my communities now.

Man I'm enjoying the more regular stuff a lot but the wackier modes are giving me a headache.  Working on Challenges to get more Star Coins/characters and I just do not get some of the items.

I can't figure out how to get the Star Coin on top of the giant egg in Yoshi Park.  I collect the music block item which is clearly needed to get to such heights, but every time I use it it either doesn't make it to the top of the egg or sails clean over the star coin.

On the subject of music though, the stand out track for me so far would be Sky Island.  I haven't managed to beat it yet but the music and visuals are so uplifting and motivational for me to keep trying.  I hope this course becomes available for general play if you beat the 1-stroke 1-putt challenge because it's so lovely.

I do wish you could disable the putting music and just keep the regular track playing throughout an entire course, though at least the sound designers were wise enough to make the track pick up where it left off rather than play the first 30 seconds every new hole.  Still can't get over the lack of on-par putting music though.  Going straight to such a downbeat track the moment you're not getting under par feels so weird, especially since it's so similar to the Toadstool Tour track that played once you were specifically over par.  It makes it feel like something negative to be on par until you actually sink it and get the victory animation.

I've downloaded this game last night... It now owns my life.

I've been mostly training with the practice tutorials to improve my game, but I have been playing Quick rounds and Castle Grounds every now and then to test what I know and I can't freaking stop!

The courses are gorgeous, and in true Mario Golf fashion, challenge is to be had here. It's about reading the conditions the best way you can and lining up your shot accordingly, because just shooting strokes blindly only spells bad news for you. It's technical and loads of fun. I've played the more mario-esque modes, which feel more challenging, but provide a good change of pace. I do prefer the regular mode though, but the extra modes are still very enjoyable. There's just so much to do and enjoy!

The characters are all represented well. Yoshi's just as eager as ever, and while Daisy is a little... "Peachy" in this game, she still has enough confident and competitive moments that works well enough for me. Also I think both of their animations are fantastic, with rainbows and pointing to the skies a plenty.

The music is amazing. Like Camelot fashion, the music sounds like classic Mario tunes with an RPG flare.  I literally explore as much of the classic grounds as I could just to listen to the music... After I'm done playing golf, I'll be sure to level up Lloyd, Genis and the others to stop the Pope's plot to overthrow the King of Tethe'alla. *rimshot* Joke aside, the music is amazing. I mean, I like Peach Gardens, but don't get me started on Yoshi Lake!

I'll get the DLC Season Pass eventually, and I've already added both of the SSMB communities. So I'm willing to play anything whenever I'm available.

Since the first community I created is point play, I made it simultaneous. The Match Play community takes turns, though. Who wants match play where you can't adequately taunt each other?

(I can always change these, the game lets you change the rules for your community whenever you want.)