Awoo.

Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)

Detective Shadzter

Oh yeah, that's just one of her victory poses. It was shown when they first revealed the game almost a year ago. She twirls a bit then poof! Peachy dress and parasol.

Ah dang. Still, it was a fun bit of speculation while it lasted!

Do we know the entire roster of characters yet? It'd stink if we got Luma without Rosalina again.

Yes, I must know if Rosalina is in this. They've been really pushing her in everything else recently - 3D World, MK8, SSB4 - so I don't see why she wouldn't be in, but there's always that little niggle of doubt.

• Thumbs Up 1

#Plum4Life

If there's one thing I can count on Camelot for in the Golf games, it's the soundtrack. The games themselves are great, but damn, the soundtracks just hit the right notes for me.

And my personal favorite:

Motoi Sakuraba, time to show your stuff once again!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Maaaan that Daisy victory animation is so... Peach.  Where'd my badass Daisy from Strikers Charged and the GCN sports games go come back to me gurl

5 things I like about that trailer.

1. A trailer with Daisy in the spotlight? Might want to put this one in a vault!

2. Cheep Cheep Lagoon looks beautiful!

3. Bob-omb power shot! Nice!

4. Daisy.

5. Sarasaland Princess.

That victory pose is so not Daisy. As jezmm said, that pose is so peachy.

I like the underwater theme though.

Peachyness of that pose aside, what was going on with her mouth at the end there?

Looks a heck more fun and Mario-y than the other Mario Golf games, I'll give them that.

• 4 weeks later...

Two updates! Starting off, the full roster of characters has been revealed, including four unlockable faces:

Toad, Birdo, Paratroopa, and Kamek.

Kinda odd that there's a Paratroopa but no Koopa and Toad is one of the unlockables, but Kamek's cool in my book.

Finally, we have a new Japanese promo vid that shows off some new courses, including quite a nice-looking one based on Donkey Kong Country Returns:

Game is looking great! Can't wait to give it a spin once it's out!

This is definately the most Mario-y of Mario Golf games.

And it actually has some interesting locations this time unlike the past games (But i still love Toadstool Tours Peach's Castle Grounds and Bowsers Badlands cause they actually were fun locations.)

If they're playing golf underwater, then wouldn't EVERYWHERE technically count as a water hazard? tongue.png

Looks like everybody's gonna finish with a +12.

I assume Rosa's going to be an unlockable character. That or she will make a cameo in a special Galaxy-themed stage.

Prices and Release Schedule for DLC confirmed! Includes new courses and four additional characters:

Mushroom Pack — 2nd May ($5.99)
  • Includes two new 18-hole courses and Toadette as a playable character.

Flower Pack — "later in May" ($5.99)

• Includes two new 18-hole courses and Nabbit as a playable character.

Star Pack — June ($5.99)

• Includes two new 18-hole courses and Rosalina as a playable character.

Season Pass — From 2nd May ($14.99)

• Includes all three packs as they're released
  • Gold Mario playable character, with a special Golden Flower shot that awards coins for every yard of a shot.

Gold Mario will also be given to those that buy all three packs separately, available to those players once the Star Pack has arrived in June. Trial Tournaments will also be offered to give interested players a chance to try the DLC courses for free — all of the DLC combined will add six courses (108 holes) and four characters. Nintendo of America's Scott Moffitt has said the following about the DLC.

"We’re letting fans expand their experience with Mario Golf: World Tour. Some players might be content hitting the links on the numerous courses already included with the game, while others will appreciate the option of being able to add to their fairway fun with new courses and characters."

Consider me very interested by these announcements! No doubt quite a few people will be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/nintendo_confirms_mario_golf_world_tour_dlc_pricing_and_release_schedule

EDIT: The DLC packs will cost £5.39 each in the UK, or £10.79 for the discounted Season Pass until 31st May (after which it costs £13.49)

• Thumbs Up 3

Ooh, Nabbit! First time that he's joined in on the spin-off fun! Not surprised to see Rosalina join as well.

I suppose one of the biggest questions to ponder about this DLC news is

Will we 

finally see Rosalina in a sports dress or some other form of sports attire? Or will she just be in her usual dress? Oh, the possibilities!

:P

Oh Wow! 108 new courses and 3 new characters for $15!? That's like an expansion pack or something. Pretty exciting.

Screenshots and artwork for the DLC incoming!

Courses:

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Course11a_med

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Course12a_med

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Course13a_med

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Course14a_med

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Course15a_med

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Course16a_med

Characters:

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Char01_mediap

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Char02_mediap

CMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Char03_mediapCMM_3DS_MarioGolfWorldTour_Char04_mediap

This looks super neat. This press release from Nintendo of Europe claims the DLC practically doubles the amount of content in the game, which for just over £10, is not too shabby at all.

Looks like Rosalina is sticking to her traditional outfit though, which is a bit of a shame. Would've been nice to see her follow Peach and Daisy's lead by having a sports outfit too, like they all have biker outfits in Mario Kart. Ah well. The fact you can GOLF IN MOTHERFUDGIN' SPACE makes up for that!

I kinda doubt that's what Rosa will look like in game, each art piece (sans the Gold Mario artwork) looks like to be stock art recycled from past games.

Not sure how I feel about Day One DLC...

Depends when they started working on it, for me.

That's just recycled artwork of Toadette, Rosalina and Nabbit, they've been reusing them for awhile now. 

That's just recycled artwork of...

Came in here to see any other reactions to the thoughts of DLC and Season Passes since everyone had been so courteously using spoiler tags about the content up until this point.  I expected two of those characters but one would have been a nice surprise so thanks for spoiling that.