Awoo.

Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)

Detective Shadzter

Not sure how I feel about Day One DLC...

I'm too fussed by it myself. As already stated, the combined DLC essentially doubles the amount of content in the main game, and in the grand scheme of things it's pretty cheap as well if you get the Season Pass. Yeah, it would've been nice to have it all on the cartridge to begin with, but judging by how packed full of features World Tour is looking already, I'd hardly say Nintendo are being tight and holding back too much just for the sake of money grabbing (with possibly a couple of exceptions which, frankly, just make good business sense). You're getting two full-blown courses and a character in each pack with an added incentive for those who buy everything, seems reasonable to me. Beats paying for alternate costumes or gear, at any rate.

If people are so miffed talking about publicized material on Nintendo's account that is supposed to make a "controversial" $15 season pass appealing to buy then frankly you'd be better to just leave this thread, because these spoiler tags are ridiculous.

It came out in late February.

It's already been slashed in price to sub-£20, it's been doing that badly. And people still won't buy it.

It did? I thought it didn't come out in Europe until May 2nd.

It came out in late February.

It's already been slashed in price to sub-£20, it's been doing that badly. And people still won't buy it.

Methinks you meant to post that in the Pac-Man topic :lol:

If people are so miffed talking about publicized material on Nintendo's account that is supposed to make a "controversial" $15 season pass appealing to buy then frankly you'd be better to just leave this thread, because these spoiler tags are ridiculous.

Apologies, I only used the spoiler tags when talking about the DLC initially because the news hadn't been officially posted by Nintendo at that point. Now that it's been made public I won't bother using them.

Actually, ALL of those character artworks are recycled.  The Gold Mario art is a modified version of Mario Kart 7's Metal Mario art.

• Thumbs Up 1

While the game was already interested, this latest news pushes me to get the game as soon as possible since it sounds like the largest console style Mario Golf game made with plenty of content and was surprised that Nintendo has finally done a Season Pass. Plus the Trial Tournaments sounds like a good idea.

Depends when they started working on it, for me.

Wasn't the game meant to be released last year but then delayed it? This DLC might have done from when the game was suppose to come out until a couple of months ago since the courses seem to fit as much as another game (maybe it was originally going to be released as two games?).

It also depends on how much of the space of the card since there is a limit and with the DLC might push it over the limit like on The Sly Trilogy on the Vita since the max the card can hold is 4GB meaning that Sly 1 and 2 are on the card while Sly 3 that takes about 4GB is a download only code, also Nintendo's site mentions the game might need an additional/upgraded SD card due to taking quite a bit of space. In this case it does sound like that the DLC route is the right thing to do since due to space restrictions of the cards otherwise the game would be $100/€100/£60 and having 2 3DS cards would be troublesome (plus no room for a complete version e.g. on complete versions of 360 games either they are on multiple discs, have codes on them or both).

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, ALL of those character artworks are recycled.  The Gold Mario art is a modified version of Mario Kart 7's Metal Mario art.

correct about this, am just a bit disappointing over this, overall hopefully they keep with DLC for MK8 and Smash 3DS/Wii-U

Wait; so I learned this game is only retailing for $30 instead of the usual $40? 

Ah, now I can live with this DLC. Nintendo is at least charging the game to reflect the content that isn't there. So overall you'd only be paying $5 if you got the season pass. That seems like a reasonable deal.

I actually hope Nintendo takes this approach again.

Here's more on the subject:

• Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo did the same thing with Disney Magical World. It came with some DLC packs out the gate, and it was reflected in the price being 10 dollars less than usual.

Also, wasnt the game release delayed? how do we know that the DLC didnt start development shortly before the delay, however they kept it as dlc so they didnt have to worry about reprogramming the cartidges

Gameplay for the DLC courses and characters:

Love Nabbit's hole-in-one animation and that Rosalina just levitates the club. XD

Wait wait wait.

Mario Golf 64 courses AND songs are part of the DLC?

Fucking. SOLD. Day 1 buy, don't even care, nothing else matters. <3333

I'm sorry, but those who are complaining shouldnt, this game already has a TON in the base, and the amount of detail and amount of content is way worth more than the what they are offering for, its nearly ANOTHER full games worth of content

I'm going to assume coins are used to buy Mii gear like in Mario Tennis Open. Welp, Gold Mario's going to make that easy.

I'm going to assume coins are used to buy Mii gear like in Mario Tennis Open. Welp, Gold Mario's going to make that easy.

Correct-a-mundo. Still, always useful to have him there in case you don't fancy grinding for coins the usual way at any time!

Loving the look of that DLC all in all. Disappointed that Rosalina isn't getting a new sports design but the fact she levitates and uses her wand to swing the club makes up for it - somehow I can't see that illusion working quite as well if she were in a sports dress! Nabbit also looks like a blast to use, especially as he's so adamant he won't let go of his bag of goodies even when trying to swing a golf club laugh.png

Didn't realise some of those courses were from Mario Golf 64 but that just makes the deal even sweeter. Who knows, maybe the next Mario Golf game will go all Mario Kart and have a full-blown retro course tournament? tongue.png

EDIT: Nabbit's hole-in-one animation in all its 99-lives grabbing glory!

itL53YyfnQ7Yw.gif

Maybe it's just me, but the "level" Nabbit runs through in his hole-in-one animation actually has more sloped platforms than I've seen in most levels in the NSMB series...

UK TV advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDMzKELLzw

And some more screenshots of the DLC:

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

I'm not sure if somebody mentioned this, but a demo is now available for the game on the eshop and is worth 800 blocks. I'm probably thinking about getting this game sometime