Awoo.

PEGI now sole UK game rating system

Detective Shadzter

Okay that means every-time I buy a Game myself I have to carry my passport! sleep.png

Well you're 21, so I'm going to assume you have means of buying games online and that won't change at all. And you're not going to be ID'd for games rated under 18, are you? It's not a huge deal to worry about. And to be perfectly honest, it should have been like this for a long time. The fact that something like GTA could be legally sold to a 7 year old is way out of whack, and then parents complain that games are too violent.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

PEGI is pretty much the only ratings system that looks good on box arts so it's a nice bonus to have on top of having a ratings system that in the UK does what it's supposed to be doing.

It hasn't been that much of an issue here ever since we got it in early 2000's, only certain stores, particularly electronic chains, actually enforce it.

Glad that this is finally being enforced by law, but it won't stop oblivious parents buying their kids games.

EDIT: Nonsense

Edited by Blue Blood