Awoo.

Post Your Amazing Desktop

Diz

lappy_desktop.png

Oh yes, I run Linux wink.png

Bonus shot of a counter top aka best damn data center in the world aka where these two pictures are being served from:

IMG_20130116_142450.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

desktop_zps0b95779c.jpg

It's fan art, but I don't remember where I got it from. I'm also trying to keep it pretty empty.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 2

lappy_desktop.png

Oh yes, I run Linux wink.png

Bonus shot of a counter top aka best damn data center in the world aka where these two pictures are being served from:

IMG_20130116_142450.jpg

Where's you get the square icons for FF, Steam, xchat and Chrome? I need them, I must have them.

Care to tell us what all the servers doing and some more about it (I assume the game server in the siggy and you said showing us these images, but anything else?). I'd be interested in knowing. Maybe some specs?

Also what's the thing under Shadow? I can't tell from this photo.

Edited by Polan

Where's you get the square icons for FF, Steam, xchat and Chrome? I need them, I must have them.

Care to tell us what all the servers doing and some more about it (I assume the game server in the siggy and you said showing us these images, but anything else?). I'd be interested in knowing. Maybe some specs?

Also what's the thing under Shadow? I can't tell from this photo.

Here you go *EDIT* I miss-read your question, they came stock with Linux Mint 14.

The servers are actually part of a home lab I've built over the years, I work in IT so I find its good to be able to play around with the technology when I can, at the moment its more systems than network but thats in the works. The top server is my "SAN" (Storage Area Network) that provides a RAID5 3TB array for iSCSI use to the server below.

The Dell R810 is the monster in the setup, consisting of four Intel Xeon six-core E7540's at 2.00 GHz, 64GB of DDR3 RAM. I use this to play around with the Xen Hypervisor environment, the server serving those images is a Xen VPS running off of this box. It has helped me learn the finer points of Red Hat/Cent OS and Debian Linux as well as Windows Server.

Shadow is sitting ontop of a D-Link DNS-323 NAS with two 2TB drives in a RAID1 array for my storage needs.

Believe it or not, I do not run a game server out of this setup tongue.png RSN, my site, is my bigger experimental playground consisting of three VPSes spread out across the globe (load balancing, it was one of the experiments.) My game server runs off of the US-based VPS.

Edited by voice

Well, here is mine, Its likely no surprise to some.

Desktop_zps67c38aea.png

This is actually something I put up recently. I rarely change my background. Before this it was just a green background that was one of the default screens for the computer. I of course picked Tails, since he is my favorite. He is doing something I usually do most days, and that's water the plants. I just picked it because it looks cute and its a picture of the foxy. Nothing else to say other than there the cute fox is for all to see.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I switched after a month of the one I posted a few days ago:

zeldawallpaper_zps379c6186.jpg

Found the fanart a while ago and just decided to use it as a wallpaper.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I finally got my desktop working today after a messed up HD and endless Wifi nonsense. Like always, a nice clean desktop with a dark theme (windows and such) just how I like.

tXgpDvK.jpg

tXfYkqn.jpg

Screenshot of the one and only reason Generations has a stereoscopic 3D mode. Good ol' days of everyone freaking out at this trailer shot.

cool.png This is currently my desktop screen. Michael Jackson's 55th birthday is coming up in a few days so I wanted to put on this Sonic MJ pic like i did last year. I saw this on Google last year, i think it's awesome artwork! In fact, part of Sonic's shoe design was inspired by Michael Jackson. happy.png RIP to one of the greatest pop icons of all time!

jgdu.png

Edited by SonicAaliyahFan
  • Thumbs Up 2

Capture.PNG

This is my current desktop, it's an amazing piece of cowboy Bebop fan art.

EDIT: Crap, I can't make it viewable sad.png

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

You need to upload it to an image hosting site first. Can't copy the address bar from Windows Explorer.

• Thumbs Up 1

7F1RhqE.jpg

The wallpaper is a 'Mega Drive BIOS screen'. Now, the Mega Drive didn't have one originally, so this is a concept, a what-if. Grabbed it because I thought it would look rather nice as a desktop background. Vintage.

Edited by DocAzure

bv2Rfuw.jpg
I changed around my Gakaxy S3's homescreen along with a new background, 'cuz must of you know how much I love Studio Ghibli, and Kiki's Delivery Service is one of my favorite works from them.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here´s mine, it´s from Jin´s musical PV "Kagerou Project" (which I´ve been addicted since I saw all of them tongue.png)

I also changed my folder icons to make it cooler. I just wanted to put Konoha and Takane together!! 

pcl4.png
Edited by Ristar

The Beast/Guardian of the Sea in a Okami-like brush artstyle. There's a Ho-oh equivalent but I prefer Lugia for it's my favorite Legendary.

1b82f46316e0383f3aa4dc9ed816854c.png

Here is mine smile.png

wallpaper_knuckles_v03_1024.png   I guess no one is surprised right? (actually, I just changed it from the Sonic Channel one with the suitcases!)

Capture.PNG

This is my current desktop, it's an amazing piece of cowboy Bebop fan art.

EDIT: Crap, I can't make it viewable sad.png

Make a Photo Bucket account, post it there, then click on "get links" option, click on "direct link" and then click on the photo button on this editor box, and paste the link and then, wala!

Edited by knucklesgirl

jgbi.png

Decided to change up my theme. My wallpaper cycles through various Desert Ruins images, with my favourite one being featured here.

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_msgdddjkXi1s7xa38o1_500.png

I toyed around with my phone's homescreen again, with it being another cropped version of one of the Japanese theatrical posters for Kiki's Delivery Service. Apologies for the "copied to clipbord" thing in front of the apps, though it is near faded, I just noticed it.

• 2 weeks later...