Awoo.

Your most detested/hated films

Most hated movie? None other than this piece of garbage:

g9cEPoF.jpg

This movie...where do I even begin? It's an insult to the Lion King series as a whole, it was so fucking awful. It was bad enough Timon and Pumbaa stole the show with both the original and the sequel, must they continue to destroy even more stuff with their own movie as well? It's even worse that it was called "Lion King 3" in some countries, this movie doesn't deserve that title!

...I... don't see where you're coming from with this. It's just a side story.

In regards to Light being 'evil', I think that's another reason I prefer the live-action movies, too; 

See, at least initially (and arguably overall), whether Light is actually 'evil' is largely debatable. Light started out killing criminals. Granted, he ends up killing people over smaller and smaller offences, but initially most of the innocent people Light kills are as a result of the police trying to stop him. If nobody intervened, Light wouldn't have so readily killed innocent people.

I always cringe when I see the cliched 'brilliant but bored' tagline attached to Light. It just makes him seem like such a shallow douchebag. At least in the movies he has a genuine motivation that you can empathise with and understand. 

As for the third 'L: Change the World' movie, that's essentially filler that they retconned into the last week of the second movie, set before L's death. As a result I've not even bothered to watch it since it adds absolutely nothing and is an in-name-only piece of the Death Note story.

I do just think it's a bit unfair for you to slag the movies off so harshy having barely seen one of them, is all. Of course you're entitled to hate something, but it's not really fair to hate it at little more than face value, is all.

If nobody intervened, Light wouldn't become 'evil', is that what you're trying to say?

That doesn't make much sense to me, if he had the choice then he shouldn't have killed others just because 'they stood in my way, they stood in the way of the god of the new world'.

Hmm, so instead of showing L die at the end of Part II, they made a (filler) third part that most people even you didn't like, before he dies... Kinda lame.

Aaand well, it might be unfair of me to have judged it like you said, before taking a deeper look inside it, well just to be clear, I've seen quite some Japanese movies, I've seen Shinobi "a Basilisk live-action", it was nice, the actors weren't any better than the ones in Death Note, but 'most' of the changes they made in the movie weren't so severe, and the effects were acceptable, the characters were way suitable, I can't talk about the voices because the version I watched was dubbed.

Anyway, I actually saw about half the first part, which is about 25% of the real story. But I kinda covered all parts of the first part, my sister was watching it to the end, so I took a peek every while to her laptop monitor while I was watching TV, I have to admit every few scenes got me more interested, but the truth is, that interest comes from curiosity, I'm the type of a person who likes to compare things, I would watch a movie, then watch the sequel and compare them, I would play a game and compare it to a very similar one (Mortal Kombat Deception and Mortal Kombat Armageddon are a good example, they had almost same graphics, both had Konquest, mini games, etc), so eventually if I wanted to compare the Death Note movies to the anime... I just find myself disgusted! (not literally)

So I want to bring up this point one more time, and I'll ask this question once again, if the actors really didn't have the ability to copy the characters (at least in the attitude), did they 'have' to make that movie?!

Really, they can't copy the looks and voices and bla bla bla, I understand, but they can dress anime-like clothes and make anime behaviors and expressions that in real life they could be gross and socially unaccepted in most communities (if not all)?

If the FBI agent's wife didn't dress black tight leather, and Misa didn't dress childish dresses that usually no girl in the world would like to wear in public, then really, I wouldn't have hated it this much, I mean she has the same hair style, but a different hair color? Why?!

You're gonna say that it's based on the anime and all, but it's called 'live'-action, it has to be realistic, if copying the character's looks is lame (which is), then they should've known that copying clothes is lamer.

Nope, in Shinobi it was much different, it wasn't a story in the modern world, it was a story in ancient Japanese ages of the Ninja and all, so extreme outfits weren't really unacceptable.

The end of Eva(ngelion) really pushed my buttons beyond belief, as did The Last Man On Earth (starring Vincent Price) simply in due to their doomsday endings.

Scratch that, any movie with a doomsday ending is bound to bring about the very bowels of my dark imagination.

You see, endings can change your entire view on things, now before someone nukes me over not liking these stories, my brother made the mistake of reading me the Biblical flood as a child, so I've been an apocolypto-phobic for 13/21 years. I view them as "cruel judgement/Discrimination won the war, Balance was annihilated."

(Yes, this is why I don't like Sonic 06's story, the doomy feeling of the future and the Solaris battle being melodramatic)

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget that awful Shao Kahn costume.

220pxshaokahnannihaltio.png

Indeed! Thanks for the reminder. That costume gives the impression of a frail gentle giant rather than that of a brutal menacing tyrant who he is supposed to be. The facemask definitely needed to be made differently.

On top of that, his voice in the movie was lacking the intended tone of intimidation which became his expected trademark in the games.

Edited by 188DarkRevived

AVATAR-movie-poster-large-james-cameron-

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. This film is absolute proof that James Cameron has fallen as a filmmaker, and director in general. Avatar in every sense of the word, is a terrible film, and just in general a forgettable film with bland and banal characters, boring acting and writing, and bad story with slow pacing. Never before have I felt so unsympathetic for a group of characters in a film, and those are the Na'Vi (or just the blue cat people)i. Thing is, we all know what's going to happen, the story is so predictable, and you can easily just know what's going to happen at the very beginning of the movie. We all know the RDA (Resource Development Administration) is going to attack the Na'Vi, we all know this dude is going into a pod to meet all these blue cat people, there's no element of surprise or suspense in the movie, like, at all. The RDA is probably some of the most generic villains I've ever seen in a movie, they're literally just there because the film needs a villain, they have no true motivation to kill the Na'Vi, than wanting some resource from the planet. You could just, y'know, have done it peacefully? All the other characters in the movie have no real personality to them and feel like they're just generic stock just there to try to give the film life (and doing a bad job). The film's story is a total mess, and it's just... boring to watch. When I saw this back in '09, I fell asleep during 3/4 of the movie in the theater. It wasn't until my parents got the Blu-Ray that I could actually force myself to watch this boring piece of garbage and properly criticize it.

In general, it didn't feel like James Cameron wanted to make an enjoyable film for friends and family, he didn't care for making a good  story, he didn't care for making good, relatable characters, he didn't care for making villains with motivations behind their actions, he didn't care for making a good script and screenplay, all he cared for was showing off a bunch of pretty scenery and CGI and hoping we'd suck all of it up and forgive everything else. Y'know what's sad? Most people paid worth nearly $3 billion and did the exact same thing. Yes, the visual effects and animation are great, but it does not make up for a boring mess of a story and forgettable characters. It still literally baffles me as to how this is the highest grossing film of all-time, along with the fact that it's now getting two more sequels (which I'm not betting will be any better), making this a trilogy. It's flabbergasting how Cameron made great classics like Terminator 2, Aliens, and Titanic to stuff like... this.

So yeah.

It sucks.

And I hate it.

Most of the Disney sequels. But especially this one...

MV5BMTM4MTcxNTA4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYw

*shudder* This was an embarrassment to the original movie. In fact, I think this sequel is worse than Pocahontas II! Shitty animation, cheesy songs, a STUPID villain who has nothing on Frollo and a really bad story. How did all the original voice actors return for this? I DON'T GET IT!

I am quite surprised at how many people dislike Nicholas Cage! I like him, especially in Con Air and Lord Of War. Also, the movie UP is a fantastic movie in my opinion! 

I don't hate Nicholas Cage necessarily. I hate his poor choice of acting. Ghost Rider was the last straw.

Most of the Disney sequels. But especially this one...

MV5BMTM4MTcxNTA4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYw

*shudder* This was an embarrassment to the original movie. In fact, I think this sequel is worse than Pocahontas II! Shitty animation, cheesy songs, a STUPID villain who has nothing on Frollo and a really bad story. How did all the original voice actors return for this? I DON'T GET IT!

I can't see the image, but I think I know what you're talking about. Isn't it one of those strait to Shiteo disney movies?

Edited by Abominal Taz

I can't see the image, but I think I know what you're talking about. Isn't it one of those strait to Shiteo disney movies?

Yep.

It sounds like a no-brainer: take a wildly successful animated show that's conveniently divided into three seasons, and adapt the first one into a full-length movie. In theory it shouldn't be too different from adapting a book trilogy. Cut out some of the filler stuff, remove and/or condense some of the more minor characters, and you should have a pretty good script on your hands. So long as they don't hand it to one of the most incompetent writers in the business or anything everything should be specta- AH SHIT THEY GOT SHYAMALAN!

the-last-airbender-poster.jpg

Uh...well, okay. I guess the best way to adapt something is to just focus on the beginning and end parts while cramming a plot-hole filled montage in-between. Just to illustrate how incompetent the writing is here, within the first half hour Aang- oh, I'm sorry, "AHNG" (pronouncing character's names correctly? Phhht)- and co. come across a prison for earth benders. In the show, they are kept in a metal fortress so they can't use their powers. In the movie they're...in a field...surrounded by a grand total of three or four guards. This is like keeping Popeye in an unlocked room full of spinach. Well, why aren't they fighting back then? Because their "spirits are broken".

And no, it never gets any better. If anything the movie just gets worse and worse as it goes on.

Admittedly though, the entire reason I decided to watch the series in the first place was because those early trailers for this looked fucking awesome. So it gets points for that if nothing else.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

Strange, it's showing for me... o__o

But yah, it is. The Hunchback of Notre Dame II to be exact. =P

Edit: Just noticed I can't see anyone else's images either. Weird.

Edited by Gabz Girl

Strange, it's showing for me... o__o

But yah, it is. The Hunchback of Notre Dame II to be exact. =P

Good God, that movie blows. It's just one of those half-assed sequels to classics. It's just like Cinderella 2-3, Fox and the Hound 2 (I don't know if that one exists. Correct me if I'm wrong.), and Lady and the Tramp 2.

Speaking of half-assed sequels- no. It doesn't deserve that. A quick cash haul scheme that failed.

Home_Alone_4_DVD_cover.jpg

This has to be the most disappointing fail of the history of epic fails. They bring back Kevin McCalister, what they didn't do in the 3rd film, which also sucks, and make it 1000x worse over. It's such a shitty rehash, you'll be pissed that you know it exists.

Edited by Abominal Taz

I like some of Disney Direct To Video Sequels I thought Lady And the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure and Peter Pan: Return To Never Land were enjoyable even thought they are weaker than classic originals.smile.png

I think the Lion King II is the best out of the Disney Direct To Video Sequels but I do love the Lion King.

I haven't seen the sequel to The Hunchback of Notre Dame II but I have seen the Pocahontas II while I didn't hate it outright (Despite its historical inaccuracies) I didn't see the point of it.   

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like some of Disney Direct To Video Sequels I thought Lady And the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure and Peter Pan: Return To Never Land were enjoyable even thought they are weaker than classic originals.smile.png

I think the Lion King II is the best out of the Disney Direct To Video Sequels but I do love the Lion King.

I haven't seen the sequel to The Hunchback of Notre Dame II but I have seen the Pocahontas II while I didn't hate it outright (Despite its historical inaccuracies) I didn't seen the point of it.   

I liked Lion King II and how they used a different concept for it. I didn't even know there was a Peter Pan sequel and I just ignored Cinderella 3 completely.

Good God, that movie blows. It's just one of those half-assed sequels to classics. It's just like Cinderella 2-3, Fox and the Hound 2 (I don't know if that one exists. Correct me if I'm wrong.), and Lady and the Tramp 2.

Speaking of half-assed sequels- no. It doesn't deserve that. A quick cash haul scheme that failed.

This has to be the most disappointing fail of the history of epic fails. They bring back Kevin McCalister, what they didn't do in the 3rd film, which also sucks, and make it 1000x worse over. It's such a shitty rehash, you'll be pissed that you know it exists.

Oh yes Home Alone 4 is fucking HORRIBLE. It makes the third look brilliant (I don't actually hate it that much as I use to despite it being inferior to the first two),

It was on TV and decided to watch it out of curiosity and my god what a waste of time that was it wasn't laughably bad like say some of  Jean Claude Van Damme's films or some of Steven Segal's movies. 

It reeks of shitty TV film quality (not all TV films are bad but this one is like one of shitty ones that are in the middle of the day where people only watch them when they have nothing else and can't bother to put a good movie on). But to top it off it takes a giant shit on the first two by making it sequel to them but with different shittier actors. It is like it has the balls to say "Didn't like Home Alone 3 don't worry this is better because it is a sequel to the first two films only with different actors" but its even worse than the third one. Home Alone 3 is actually enjoyable compared to this garbage and at least John Hughes work on it.

This one was shot in South Africa doubling as Chicago with a budget less than a shoe string.

Horrible film but hey guys their is another one. Yes there is a Home Alone 5!

Titled Home Alone: The Holiday Heist. I have its not as shitty as 4 and is a sequel to 4 and is a new family. If it is on TV I'll watch it to see how bad it is.

There are some rumours of another FOX Sequel Home Alone 6 to be done with CGI Animation.

But Home Alone 4 is so crap it makes me forget about how mad I was about hearing that Home Alone 3 was nothing like the first two and without Macaulay Culkin in it (yes I know he was too old to do it but I was only six at the time when I saw the poster for it at the Cinemas).

Fuckballs!dry.png

Emperor-Palpatine-227x300.jpg

"Yes BW, give in to your anger!".

Edited by BW199148

Whoa whoa stop! There's a Home alone 5? Are you fucking with me?

Googled it. Oh My God. To my surprise, it has good ratings...

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 2

Scratch that, any movie with a doomsday ending is bound to bring about the very bowels of my dark imagination.

You see, endings can change your entire view on things, now before someone nukes me over not liking these stories, my brother made the mistake of reading me the Biblical flood as a child, so I've been an apocolypto-phobic for 13/21 years. I view them as "cruel judgement/Discrimination won the war, Balance was annihilated."

(Yes, this is why I don't like Sonic 06's story, the doomy feeling of the future and the Solaris battle being melodramatic)

Don't ever play Final Fantasy XIII-2 then: it's for your security.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. This film is absolute proof that James Cameron has fallen as a filmmaker, and director in general.

Uhm, has he ever been? I mean, maybe the most good movie he made has been Aliens, but the others are enjoyable at best: the 2 Terminator movies and True Lies are your standard action flick with Arnold, explosions and one liners, and The Abyss is your tipycal "Uh, look at me, i'm soo deep" movie (no pun intended). As for Titanic, it's arguably overrated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed that Home Alone 4 was a rather very lazy re-hash of it's predecessors.

...I didn't even know half of the Disney sequels mentioned in this thread even existed. mellow.png

Here, I got some. Some folks already posted what I had in mind, but what the hell, I'll talk about those too. 

To start off this list, let's start by talking about one of my favorites, The Mask. It's a pretty simple superhero-ish movie, where a very awkward man finds a cursed Loki mask which turns him into a Looney Tunes/Tex Avery-esque superhero. What really makes this movie Is Jim Carrey, who makes a really convincing "live action cartoon character" and makes the movie a blast to watch. Years later a sequel would be made... Aaaand oh man, did it stink.   

61VD7M8DH7L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

(Forgive the soundtrack cover, I couldn't find a good movie poster to post.) 

Ugh. Yeah, I'm sure everyone who's heard of this knows that this is not a good movie... at all. One thing i hated about it was that the cartoonish feel of The Mask himself just didn't feel as unique as the first movie made him: Everything in this movie is cartoonish, from the sets to the characters, even the ones that weren't wearing the Loki Mask. Not to mention, this movie tries way to hard to capture the silly charm of the first movie, but in the end just comes across as mean spirited, disgusting or just downright creepy.

-------------------------

On the topic of Disney sequels, I could go on and on... because I'm such a Disney slave I'm pretty biased towards the sequels that aren't the Rescuers Down Under or the Aladdin sequels. (The latter being decent enough.)

But since this one was brought up... 

Most hated movie? None other than this piece of garbage:

g9cEPoF.jpg

Well, I'll admit, there's worse Disney sequels, but I'm on the boat that says that this one's pretty bad.

I probably wouldn't mind this movie all that much if it weren't for how dumb it got at times, such as some of the theater segments, the snail alcohol shots scene, and that godawful fart gag in the beginning that ruined the original's intro for me forever. >_< I know this movie is not supposed to be taken seriously, but that still doesn't change my mind about how annoying it got at times.

----------------------------

Now I love Home Alone 1 and 2. 3 was pretty bad though, but I think this one that Taz showed us takes the cake (Also I've never seen the fifth one, even though I'm pretty sure that one is flipping bad as well.)

Before I start, yeah, The Fox and the Hound 2 does exist. and yes, it does kinda suck... well in my opinion.

.Ah, I remember this flick... I love the first two movies, but this... this was stupid and pointless. In addition to what everyone has already pointed out, Kevin now seems to have only 1 brother and 1 sister, and the thief on the cover is supposed to be Marv, the taller thief with a beard. Apparently, the actor mixed up thieves and dressed as harry, the shorter thief with the snow cap. What a mess up!

-----------------------------------

I was actually gonna comment on how I was surprised nobody brought this up... but right before I started my post...

It sounds like a no-brainer: take a wildly successful animated show that's conveniently divided into three seasons, and adapt the first one into a full-length movie. In theory it shouldn't be too different from adapting a book trilogy. Cut out some of the filler stuff, remove and/or condense some of the more minor characters, and you should have a pretty good script on your hands. So long as they don't hand it to one of the most incompetent writers in the business or anything everything should be specta- AH SHIT THEY GOT SHYAMALAN!

the-last-airbender-poster.jpg

Dear god, I remember My sisters and I were wanting to see this movie, despite all the horrible reviews. We were hoping it would at least be a "So bad it's good" flick. On our way to the theater, my car broke down and we ended up walking the entire way. We should have taken this as an omen. :P

Speederino pretty much covered most of what made this movie so bad. In addition to the rushed pacing and the stupid plot scenes, the characters just felt so different from their source material... The Gaang rarely even crack a smile throughout the movie.  This was probably the worst and most rushed adaptation I've seen yet. Hell, I thought Dragon Ball Evolution was more entertaining than this.

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhm, has he ever been? I mean, maybe the most good movie he made has been Aliens, but the others are enjoyable at best: the 2 Terminator movies and True Lies are your standard action flick with Arnold, explosions and one liners, and The Abyss is your tipycal "Uh, look at me, i'm soo deep" movie (no pun intended). As for Titanic, it's arguably overrated.

Woah! Woah! Judgement Day is only just enjoyable what blasphemy is this? Terminator 2 is one of the best Action Blockbuster movies ever made and one of the few sequels to top the original (next to Empire Strikes Back and The Dark Knight). Despite being a blockbuster it has strong characters and strong plot which is thought-provoking (fate, prejudice, technology dominating mankind, Nuclear Armageddon etc.). 

The Dream Sequence still makes people wake up in cold sweats. To this day I sometimes dream about Nuclear Destruction. Scary shit.

As far as acting goes its Arnold's best film you can tell that he gave it his all in that film that when it comes to end you don't want him to die, its so emotional it brings tears to my eyes.sad.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkdkAe0GgbA 

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 3

I can't see the images on this page is their something wrong? huh.png

I can't see all of them either... Weird, maybe these movies just don't want to be hated! blink.png

But I can see The Last Airbender and The Son of the Mask... And I like them both.

Dare I say it. Dragonball Evolution and the Resident Evil films (except the cgi ones)

I think I understand why you chose Dragon Ball.

But please, tell me what is wrong (or what do you think is wrong) with Resident Evil, do you like, don't favor zombie movies in general? Do you think that Resident Evil had a meaningless plot? Please, let us know.