Awoo.

Your most detested/hated films

Hello my fellow bretheren on SSMB. I am here with another topic. We all have films we love, and of course, there's films that we hate, or just simply cannot stand. In this topic, this is were you can speak about your most hated films, why you you dislike them. Now, let us begin with this film I simply detest...

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of The Clones

drewstruzan26.jpg

Ohhh, this film. I hate this film. No really, I truely, genuinely, hate this film. In terms of George Lucas' career as a filmmaker, and in the entire Star Wars saga, on all counts. This is the lowest Lucas has gone as both as a writer and director, and it shows. Attack Of The Clones, despite it's blunt promise of action in advertising (heck, even the title itself shows), it's only one thing: banal and boring. The acting is below-average for most of the characters, but then, there was Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker, and I must say this. His performance in this film is pure garbage, along with Natalie Portman's role as Padme. Hayden plays Anakin in such an over-emotional and over-dramatic manner you can't help to laugh or just sit there and think "Lucas, what is this?". There's so many moments in this film that try to make you emotionally invested or into the film, but then failing miserably after that. Prime examples including the death of Anakin's mother at the hands of the Tusken Raiders, the fireplace scene with Anakin and Padme, when Anakin brings his mother's corpse home and buries her, and the droid factory sequence.

Now, let me talk about the absolute worst aspect of this film... the Anakin & Padme romance scenes. Never before have I seen such a forced, cringeworthy, embarassing love story to ever disgrace the silver screen for 45 minutes. Ever. The romance had little to no true build-up to it, and before they even truly "fell in love", Anakin always approached Padme in a creepy, stalkerish manner, and despite the fact Anakin killed a bunch of Tusken Raiders in anger (women, men, and children) after his mother's death, Padme continues to love him. There's little to no chemistry between the two like Han & Leia in the original trilogy, and it just comes off as so cringeworthy and akward that just think to yourself what was going through Lucas' mind for thinking this was a good idea. (His inept ability at making good screenplays or being a good writer doesn't help either.)

The computer-generated imagery, visual effects, and animation, while pretty, are just boring and soulless. There's no true soul or heart put into this film, heck, I'd even say TPM had more heart and soul put into it as a film than this. Human eyes can easily detect fakeness, and it really dissappoints when you know everything is just the actors saying and doing stuff in front of a blue screen. The plot has more hilarities and dissappointments to behold, such as Jar Jar pretty much starting the Clone Wars by giving Palpatine emergency powers (why), Boba Fett being in this film for no good reason except for the fact he's now apparently just a clone of his father, along with Jango Fett being one of the lamest antagonists ever conceived.The failed attempts of slapstick are painful to watch, such as C-3POs constant joking every 5 minutes (and it's at it's worst when his head is attached to a battle droid's body).

The final battle on Geonosis is probably the most sleep-inducingly boring ending montage I've ever witnessed in a film. Again, as I said, it's soulless, all you see you CGI Jedi, clones, starships, droids, and a bunch of explosions. No one ever told me I was watching a Michael Bay film, was I? Then, there's a trope for all Star Wars movies needs at it's ending. A cool lightsaber fight. And guess what? AOTC has two lightsaber duels, and you know what they are? Terribly boring and lacking of emotion. I also forgot to mention the only good thing about this movie. Christopher Lee playing as the Sith Lord, Count Dooku. Dooku pretty much disposes of both Anakin and Obi-Wan like flies, making for two incredibly unsatisfying duels. Then, we get to see Yoda, who takes out his lightsaber for the first time to fight Dooku. But when fighting, it looks so ridiculous that you can't take it seriously no matter how hard you try, it almost looks like he's a green flea jumping in the air. Then Dooku escapes, Sidious and Dooku conspire about the Clone Wars, The Clone Wars officially begin, Anakin & Padme get married and yadda yadda yadda roll credits. Not even this film has a strong soundtrack, it even probably has the weakest score of the entire saga. The only track I can truly remember from the top of my head is Across The Stars (seriously, one of the best works John Williams has done as a composer).

So, with this long rant over. I must conclude this. AOTC on all accounts, a bad film, and a much worse film than The Phantom Menace (and this is coming from a person that enjoyed TPM for the most part). The acting ranges from average to utter garbage, the romance scenes are cringeworthy, the visual effects (though pretty) are boring and have no true purpose or soul to them, the story is boring, the film's pacing is all over the place, the final lightsaber duel sucks, the music was for the most part unmemorable... just... ugghhhhh i hate this film so much

I never liked this film as a kid, and I still hate it more than I did before. AOTC not only is the worst film in the Star Wars saga, but one of the worst sequels (or in this case, prequels) ever made and a true disgrace to the saga. With all the stuff I mentioned above, it all makes for one of the most forgettable cinematic experiences ever made. It very well deserved the two Razzies it won.

So yeah, rant finally over. What are some of your most hated/disliked films out there?

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sonic the Movie. Poor voices, poor plot leaving me wondering what the bloody hell is going on half the time, and the only thing probably redeemable about it is that it's in the same animation style as CD.

The fast zombie genre in general (especially Dawn of the Dead's remake). Barring a few cases, it completely ruins the original appeal of Romero's genre, which was on human conflict and political satire. It's instead taken the vehicle that was used to make some fairly interesting films and turned it into another cheap gorefest. Romero had his gore, certainly, but that was almost always at the climax of the film when crap got real. The zombie genre's fallen into the trap of modern horror in feeling that more gore makes something better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just going to beat everyone to it. Tyler Perry films. There's not enough passion in the universe to convey how much I hate these films. They're all the damn same. Seriously;

Woman is damsel in distress.

Bad Man gives her troubles.

Good man meets her and she's distant with him.

[insert Medea Bullshit here.]

Bad Man gets what he deserves.

All conflicts resolved.

Good Man and Woman get married.

Happily ever after.

The. Fucking. End.

• Thumbs Up 9

Steven king movies, Don't know what i can say but, Do not play the Steven king Drinking game. You might die if you did.

bad_lieutenant_image.jpg

This putrid piece of shit is the single worst thing I've ever had to sit through in my entire life. It's not even Nicolas Cage levels of bad (where it should be at least a laugh), no. It's just downright awful. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of this pile of horsewank.

bad_lieutenant_image.jpg

This putrid piece of shit is the single worst thing I've ever had to sit through in my entire life. It's not even Nicolas Cage levels of bad (where it should be at least a laugh), no. It's just downright awful. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of this pile of horsewank.

Wait a damn minute...

GhostRider-BoxArt1_cr.jpg

Jesus Christ, did they agree to two bad movies or is this a coincidence?

• Thumbs Up 2

At the moment I can only think of two movies that I thought were shite and that is 'The Spirit' and 'Skyline'. A couple of hours I will never get back.sleep.png

Alien was genius so naturally when Prometheus turned out to be little more than a rehash where everyone's a fucking idiot or totally unlikable, I was unimpressed. It gets better towards the end, but it's just like "if they had made it this interesting and made us a bit more into the characters earlier on this wouldn't have been so lame". Even then though I can't think of films I truly hate, I tend to forget about them unlike with games and stuff.

There was also a Nicolas Cage film called Next, where the ending all but ensures that this otherwise okay generic action film was a complete waste of fucking time.

And another called The Avengers... no, not the recent good one, look for it on the Nostalgia Critic, it's apparently based on some old British series which I've never seen but it's terrible because everyone just reacts to everything with dull surprise, only the calm dull surprise is the WHOLE POINT, so it gets old fast.

And now... The Nightmare Before Christmas. I fucking hate this film. I hate it's stupid "ooh look how twisted we are because we're Halloweeny and all Tim Burton oooo" and the whole "wow we're more deep than we think we are because we're a musical" (and I don't really like musicals in the first place unlike almost everyone I know ever), and all the stupid Tim Burton emo cult shit that I don't like in many of his other films, all concentrated to a head. It's not strictly "terrible", per se, but I hate how it's all "goffik" and "darck" and shit, thinking it's saying more than it really is. The fact that it ties back to an ex-girlfriend who loved this film does NOT help.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 2

baby-geniusessuperbabies-baby-geniuses-2

Baby Geniuses and it's sequel are bona-fide cinematic pieces of garbage, they are without a doubt the worst films I have ever seen.

I don't know what pisses me off more-these films or that one reviewer had the cajones to reference the first film as a live-action Rugrats (compliment or criticism, that show is butch compared to these pieces of horseshit).

• Thumbs Up 5

The Transformers live-action movies. It's not so much that they're awful, although they're pretty bad on their own merits in nearly everything sans graphical fidelity- the storytelling and pacing is boring, the characters are unlikable, unnatural, and stupid, the camera work is awful during fight and chase scenes, the raunchy and racist humor isn't funny, and the titular characters are badly designed and constantly shoved aside as the B plot. Yes, they're bad, but you can undoubtedly find worse on the underground circuits or Sy-Fy channel.

Rather, I hate them for what they ultimately stand for: The reality that people will not only readily accept cinematic tragedies, but defend them as good, under the guise that it either has enough blatant CGI or recognizable characters to tide them over for two hours, or that popcorn films do not have to have significant merit to warrant earning over a billion dollars at the box office simply because they're popcorn films.

This kind of thinking keeps putting bad films in the theaters. This kind of reasoning leads to live-action/CGI cartoon character films you all hate so much, to those "Scary/Epic/Vampire Movies" you all hate so much, to Twilight. This kind of thinking- that certain genres are inherently devoid of objective quality and thus no one should try- is the very attitude the people in my field of animation worked their asses off to overcome to even put their material on screen ("cartoons are children's fare, and children's fare doesn't deserve serious artistic consideration.") If Walt Disney thought like this and gave up, we would not have Disney, and subsequently the CGI boom you all are enjoying today.

The Transformers films are the poster child for the very reason that Hollywood sucks nowadays and represent an attitude towards film-making that I find misinformed and harmful. I hate that film series with every fiber of my being.

• Thumbs Up 9

xinsrc_28206021614170781992058.jpg

Fuck this piece of anal waste.

Everything about this movie is offensive. The acting is garbage, the characters are fucking horrible, the story is putrid, the special effects are eye-meltingly horrendous, and the overall message is insipid.

This move stars a wimpy bitch that has dreams or some shit that constantly whines about how dreams aren't real. Then he gets visted by to wastes of imagination called Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

Basically the story consists of these three characters going on a horribly generic adventure to stop Mr. Electricdad (which is just George Lopez's face put on a lightbulb) from whatever, I forgot, because I don't want to remember this fucking movieakmnd knfajdnasvkav.

I literary hate every goddamn thing about this movie, please never watch it.

You'd be delighted to know that I have had the pleasure to watch this as well.

I watched this movie back when it was still in theaters. It required those shitty 0.99$ 3D glasses that felt both uncomfortable on top of my actual glasses, and really just made the movie look worse overall. The 3D effects back then really didn't add much. Even back in 2005 when this movie came out when I was still a lot younger, I still thought this movie was total ass. I especially remember disliking Sharkboy(Taylor Lautner) for whatever reason.

Edited by McGroose

Ohhhh how I could forget. My friends always get on me about this one.

Superbad. Generic movie that glorifies sexual adventures along with substance abuse. I just did not see what people found so funny about it; to me it just struck me as an attempt to cash in on teenagers' love of rebellion. Between fake IDs, breaking parents' rules, and even partying it up with police officers, the message of the movie just seemed to be, pardon my language, "Fuck the man, man!"

Oddly I love Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back despite it having some similar themes. I dunno, I just didn't think it was that funny and the more people around me enjoyed it the more I questioned our society's values.

Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai: How do you make a movie about time and space itself collapsing thanks to the feuding of two giant interstellar dragons SO FREAKING BORING?

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: I'm usually one to be a bit less hard on the Michael Bay Transformers films because I enjoyed most of them as fun little popcorn flicks, but RotF is the one that I simply could not stand to watch again. It's bad enough that they stuffed the most blatant, embarrassing, and childish jokes into nearly every scene, but the rest of it has the gall to bore you to death with endless desert shooting. I'm not kidding when I say that I nearly fell asleep in the theater when I was watching it. Simply mind-numbing.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wedding Crashers is probably the only movie in existence that I ever got a refund for. I don't remember what I hated about it, but I can't really remember a movie I downright hated.

Edited by Akihikohikoakikaki

Baby Geniuses and it's sequel are bona-fide cinematic pieces of garbage, they are without a doubt the worst films I have ever seen.

I don't know what pisses me off more-these films or that one reviewer had the cajones to reference the first film as a live-action Rugrats (compliment or criticism, that show is butch compared to these pieces of horseshit).

It hurts even harder that Christopher Lloyd is in the first one. Fucking Doc Brown, man.

I can already tell this thread is going to contain more than enough Nicolas Cage movies. laugh.png

tumblr_m07ojk3CqU1rozti5o1_500.gif

Yeah. Give me a few minutes. I gotta rip into Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

And now... The Nightmare Before Christmas. I fucking hate this film. I hate it's stupid "ooh look how twisted we are because we're Halloweeny and all Tim Burton oooo" and the whole "wow we're more deep than we think we are because we're a musical" (and I don't really like musicals in the first place unlike almost everyone I know ever), and all the stupid Tim Burton emo cult shit that I don't like in many of his other films, all concentrated to a head. It's not strictly "terrible", per se, but I hate how it's all "goffik" and "darck" and shit, thinking it's saying more than it really is. The fact that it ties back to an ex-girlfriend who loved this film does NOT help.

But I love this movie?sad.png

tumblr_m3r9l6vEhv1qkburho2_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

Ladies & gents, let me tell you why Jurassic Park 3 is a mind numbing turd. Firstly, the spinosaur. If this thing is such an 'extinction event' as its described in interviews, how did it completely avoid Ingen in the Lost World? Also, what is its problem? In Jurassic Park the trex & raptors hunted out of vengeance. In Lost World the rexes & raptors hunted due to territory. In JP3, spino follows them over the whole island for no reason! It also couldnt kill the trex for two reasons. 1st, the rex can crush bone and it bit that spinos neck. It should have snapped. 2nd, a trex bite gives a load of bacteria to its victim, killing it quickly. Either way, Spiny would die. Raptors, you had four years & suddenly you are grey and feathered? Pteranodons. You were free in the 2nd film then caged in the 3rd? Tea Leoni. Why wont you shut up? I can think up more reasons but JP3 is such a bitch to me.

The Transformers live-action movies. It's not so much that they're awful, although they're pretty bad on their own merits in nearly everything sans graphical fidelity- the storytelling and pacing is boring, the characters are unlikable, unnatural, and stupid, the camera work is awful during fight and chase scenes, the raunchy and racist humor isn't funny, and the titular characters are badly designed and constantly shoved aside as the B plot. Yes, they're bad, but you can undoubtedly find worse on the underground circuits or Sy-Fy channel.

Rather, I hate them for what they ultimately stand for: The reality that people will not only readily accept cinematic tragedies, but defend them as good, under the guise that it either has enough blatant CGI or recognizable characters to tide them over for two hours, or that popcorn films do not have to have significant merit to warrant earning over a billion dollars at the box office simply because they're popcorn films.

This kind of thinking keeps putting bad films in the theaters. This kind of reasoning leads to live-action/CGI cartoon character films you all hate so much, to those "Scary/Epic/Vampire Movies" you all hate so much

Speaking of which...

Disaster-Movie-30.jpg

To date it's the only movie that I actually started to watch but then intentionally quit, I was only nearing the one-third point into the film. I don't recall laughing or hell even smiling once.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

But I love this movie?sad.png

tumblr_m3r9l6vEhv1qkburho2_500.gif

I'm not even saying it's one of the worst films ever made or anything, I just really really hate it.

I can't think of anymore I hate currently. Honestly most films don't leave a big impression on me if I don't come out of it enjoying it a lot. Sure I've seen some terrible films, but either they are So Bad It's Good or I don't find myself personally affected by them.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Oh, scratch my last post. I know one I definitely detest: Napoleon Dynamite 

Holy shit, what made this garbage so popular? The characters are shitty, the plot is all over the place (Was there even a plot? I didn't finish the whole thing) and the humor is so low-brow that it's cringeworthy.

Hate that fucking movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Transformers films are the poster child for the very reason that Hollywood sucks nowadays and represent an attitude towards film-making that I find misinformed and harmful. I hate that film series with every fiber of my being.

Kinda like the Call Of Duty is poster child for what is wrong with Video Games today?

Not saying what you said was invalid but I am find pointing the finger and blaming one thing for the downfall of everything it is related to a bit of a over generalization is it apart of the problem yes probably but I think their other factors as to why Hollywood  sucks so much these days. Anyway I thought Hollywood always sucked? huh.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Pretty much every horror movie ever made.  Never seen a good horror movie in my life.  But one I recently saw REALLY stands out:

Don%2527tBeAfraidPoster.jpg

DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK

Ugh.  This movie is beyond awful.  And because my one friend just seems to love awful horror movies, I had to sit through this garbage.  The entire time I'm yelling at the TV, "They are like six inches tall... STEP ON THEM!!!"  Seriously, some of the least intimidating "creatures" in a horror movie EVER.  Complete with just about every horror cliche you could ask for, too.  Just awful.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Kinda like the Call Of Duty is poster child for what is wrong with Video Games today?

Not saying what you said was invalid but I am find pointing the finger and blaming one thing for the downfall of everything it is related to a bit of a over generalization is it apart of the problem yes probably but I think their other factors as to why Hollywood  sucks so much these days. Anyway I thought Hollywood always sucked? huh.png

I did not attack the films for being the sole series responsible for every single problem in Hollywood today. I attacked them as the poster child, the shining example of what actually happens when crap sells. It leads to other crap getting into theaters, like Battleship, which was worse in the respect that it couldn't even be a good Transformers knock-off somehow.

I also don't think CoD's a good equivalence; there's actual artistic and technical merit to the way the games work, and generally disagreement comes from whether or not you like its brand of gameplay and subsequently shooters as a whole. I've not read any significant dissertation yet saying that its mechanics are Sonic 06 levels of awful and yet it keeps selling anyway. Indeed, Transformers is more equivalent to Sonic 06 selling hundreds of times more than Super Mario Galaxy.

And Hollywood always sucking? Eh, not really. It's always had its problems in terms of a working system (for example, it used to be legal for studios to own theaters which negatively affected competition and what was seen and made), but it's had its Golden Ages as well, such as before the idea that the film industry needed any moral guidance or rating systems.

• Thumbs Up 1