Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Please enlist these numerous plot holes

Again, they didn't explain WHY sonic was able to use it so it leaves that case in open field. 

What are you talking about? Knuckles was there to convey the message that Eggman had him pass onto Sonic. It's a minor role sure, but it's important. Without it, Sonic wouldn't be able to find Elise and Eggman. 

As for Blaze, I much rather prefer her appearence here than many other appearences afterwards in which she's there for no reason. Although she has no reason being here, at least she SERVES A PURPOSE, instead of standing there (Generations) or conveying useless sidemissions (Colors DS), with no real explanation for being there whatsoever. So of all of the plots to shoehorn her into this is clearly the best occasion.

Fuckups =/= Plot holes

There are many ways to fuckup a story that aren't plot holes. You can have terrible characterizations, for example. Like Eggman is completely forgettable in this game, he has no charm. The writers decide to give him the gentleman villain stereotype. When I think of Eggman, I don't think of a gentleman he's egotistical and intelligent madman who has a sense of humanity. He doesn't have to hurt anyone to get the things he want, he only does so if it's a means to get said goal unlike a certain Shadow recolour but the other members are handling that.

Why can Sonic use Chaos Control? I just what?! I said that he used the Chaos Emerald's energy multiple times before, since Sonic 2, Sonic has been using the Emeralds' power to stop evil. It's not that hard to comprehend that Sonic may have a connection to the energy and used that connection to a fake Emerald that has the similar energies as a real one. But hey, if you want to ignore this post and many other ones many members said it's your decision, just don't waste my time having constantly tell you again previously stated points. I'm getting quite furious as I'm typing this, just make it simple!

Well why couldn't Tails give Sonic the message then? He wasn't with Sonic at the time, so why couldn't it be him? Knuckles had more priorities than just giving Sonic a stupid card when he could be protecting a ancient relic that can fuckup the world if it got into evil hands. You were aware of how much confusion there was when people saw Blaze in this game, like is she a new Blaze or the one from Rush? No one fucking knows and the game sure as hell doesn't tell you either, it just gives you vague references that Blaze might know Sonic before but that's just it, it doesn't explain anything! Sure she didn't have a purpose in later games but you can say that to pretty much every other character that isn't Sonic, Tails or Eggman but we're not talking about those games are we? We're talking about how fucked up and convoluted this excuse of a story got made by 3 writers who were just as clueless as we are.

I'm so lost in this topic right now it's not even funny.

Can someone kind of tell me what's going on in a nutshell? ^^"

DBZ here said that he likes 06, which is no problem by us by the way, but then he said anyone who doesn't like it, isn't a "true" Sonic fan and this 20-something page argument has been going nowhere ever since.

Edited by Soni

DBZ here said that he likes 06, which is no problem by us by the way, but then he said anyone who doesn't like it, isn't a "true" Sonic fan and this 20-something page argument has been going nowhere ever since.

Okay, I'll have to disagree with that as well ^^"

(I appreciate the help, by the way!)

Really, I don't think the entire "true fan" label is fair in general. When the question of "what is" is asked, people get too many different answers, and it can even exclude certain fans.

Now this is me, but I also enjoy Sonic '06, but I most certainly wouldn't tell anyone they weren't a real fan for not liking it. The game is full of bugs and glitches, and I know it, but I accept that. If this were any other game with bugs and glitches, I wouldn't want to come near it either, lol.

Honestly, telling anyone who is and who isn't a true fan just isn't fair. It's more of the matters of who is who to tell one if he or she is a fan? Wouldn't that be up to the person themselves? I dunno, just a thought I had.

I don't think there is a single Sonic fan (or at least to my knowledge) that loves every single Sonic game out there. For me, it's the classics I hate, others hate the modern Sonics, then some just hate certain Sonics. It's not about the games you may or may not love, it's about the hero you pick from them. Right? ^^

Alright then...

• Thumbs Up 4

What we get is Erazor Djinn, a Sonic villain who legitimately works with his abilities, sports consistency in their use (thank you writers), and employs such always to his advantage which is actually becomes clear as day, and by no means vague. He's given Sonic's foreboding death a Xanatos Gambit ticket thanks to the Flame of Judgment and such. His plan would have succeeded either way if it weren't for an unexpected, yet non-contrived "Self-Sacrifice" Shield maneuver that Shahra managed to pull off. OUTSTANDING! Amazing execution.

Say what you will about Erazor being a "generic" villain. But he still gets major rep as a Sonic villain of all things for how incredibly well-executed and legit his role turned out to be.

Something else that affords Erazor far greater merit as a villain over Mephiles is the fact that Sonic interacts directly with him, knows the threat he poses and as a result he has more presence and gravity regarding Sonic himself.

This is entirely missing with Mephiles since he was delegated to being Shadow's (Incompetent) opponent.

• Thumbs Up 5

Y'know what. They very fact that one of Eggman's creations constantly mopped the floor with Mephiles gives me all the more reason to view Eggman as a superior foe.

And lord help Mephiles if Metal Sonic had made it into the game and faced him too, as was originally set to be, but fell victim to the infamous holiday rush that annihilated 06's build in the making.

Slightly digressing maybe, but I thought these where pretty technically impressive considering the unprofessional nature of them. These are some pretty polished ports of Sonic 06 levels into Generations, a lot more polished than the originals that's for sure. They look a  lot more colourful too.

Paraxade's version

Brainuuu's version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZvGn5u75Y

• Thumbs Up 1

Porting those levels to the Generations/Unleashed engine makes it look so much more fun and unbroken. It's true that most of the level involves running into dashpads, but at least there's no fear of glitching through anything.

I may download that at some point, actually.

• Thumbs Up 2

I noticed the overabundance of dash pads, they didn't have to keep it so faithful tongue.png

Bear in mind they're two different projects and I'm not sure if they can both be installed.

Paraxade's is more like an alternative level set for Generations, Brainuuu's is supposed  to be more like a fixed version of Sonic 06, but the varying degrees of faithfulness are optional (ie, lanky Sonic, Sonic 06 voice clips, Sonic 06 animations and whatnot.)

(I was referring to Mephiles Shapeshifting just in case you were confused)

As was I, in case you missed the second paragraph talking about him transforming into different people.

That just overcomplicates things though. Whether or not he COULD shapeshift, the gang of heroes would STILL find out the truth about him and proceed to stop him. It's just unnecessary.

That's kind of the whole point in the heroes stopping the villain in the first place. Nevermind that it would be no more complicated than the standard hero beats bad guy, just that the bad guy can shapeshift and trick them.

and all that other stuff about him just doing it for destruction and junk, I already pointed that out.

I don't really care. I was making a point to explain how his shapeshifting and screwing with people would make him much better than he already was.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yikes it's gotten heated in here. I'll just leave something if you have 20 minutes and need a laugh.

Ooh. I love that one. Amongst your other great work of course!
  • Thumbs Up 1

1) Yeah because you know, Sonic has always been known as the ultimate lifeform... 

But yeah now you mention it, this goes to show just how naff Meph is. Sonic beats shadow, Sonic isn't the ultimate lifeform, according to you pro Sonic 06's, Meph is bad ass because he defeats/delays shadow...

*insert a list of un god like characters who have also beaten shadow*

2) Not only that, he does this in the classics too. Biggest example of this would be Sonic CD where the angel statue changes to a statue of Eggman that throws bombs at you. 

In Sonic 1, Scrap Brain Zone Act 3 more or less shows the consequences of Eggman's actions.

1) No, but he is the most resilient of the entire cast of characters in every game.

The games never did actually point out that Sonic was/is stronger than Shadow. The only two games in which they fight end up in a stalemate. (Heroes and Adventure 2) However, considering that Sonic is an organic hedgehog and Shadow was manufactured by a genius with the DNA of an Alien, you'd really wonder how Sonic could be so resilient. The games surely don't tell you that though.

2) Who's to say that said statue wasn't replaced entirely? The player wasn't present during the gap between times, how are you even sure that said statue is the Eggman statue. How are you even sure that the previous statue had anything to do with that? That's just it, you don't.

You are right. My mistake.

However, Eggman is just fine if any of these statues (or any part of his base for that matter) is blown to bits by him, Sonic or GUN. A TRUE egotist would be worrying themselves over with these little things, much like the Eggman in later games. Still isn't classified as stupid then though... which he most certainly is.

I won't ever really consider this game good by any means, but if there was one thing I did like was the somewhat more realistic-looking Eggman, but only in how utterly bizarre it was. I mean Eggman's whole appeal lies in his comical anatomy and facial features, and without those save for his beer belly, he doesn't come across as very unique, save for that one instance where you could spot his eyes during the scene where he sends Sonic, Tails and Knuckles to the future.

How is picturing a fictional character, such as Eggman, not unique? It would be so easy to just copy and paste the same old model/ look from the previous game, but they didn't. They were CREATIVE and melded a new look for Eggman. Eggman is already Realistic enough in his appearance in Sonic Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes, and Shadow, so... what's the big deal? In fact, Eggman is Lined up with ACTUAL human beings in Shadow, Adventure, and Adventure 2 with almost the exact same look. That's boring if you ask me...

Eggman doesn't make things easier for Sonic by any means other than arrogance...his ego is what causes the impending failure of his plans...because he's so confident that there isn't a hitch, he won't really think about any possible consequences of his actions before he actually commits said actions.

Mephistopheles isn't deceiving at all in the actual story, Silver is the only one who he actually deceives....and Silver is an idiot to be fooled by what is pretty much Mephiles holding up an image of Sonic and saying he did it. Taking different forms gives him the possibility to actually interact with different characters and actually have them be his little puppets....actually controlling them all through the entire story, so that the lead up to where Elise is crying and Iblis being released is caused by actually good writing and not having Mephiles appear out of no where next to Sonic and Elise and warping all the chaos emeralds from no where with NO reason as to why.

Knuckles has a very reasonable reason to trust Eggman...Knuckles in Sonic 3 is a naive island Guardian. He has had no real interaction with anyone other than the native animals that can't even talk. Knuckles sees that Eggman and his giant space station fell from the sky and that's all he knows, he doesn't know why or how. Eggman appeals to Knuckles and convinces him that Sonic and Tails are the bad guys who did that to him and are coming to steal the Master Emerald from Angel Island...what does Knuckles gain knowledge of soon after that? He soon knows that Sonic is using the power of the Chaos Emeralds and are coming straight towards Angel Island. So why would Knuckles NOT believe Eggman after that?

My point EXACTLY, that's what makes him stupid. He doesn't do this in any game prior to Colors though. and as a result his plans ALWAYS SUCCEEDED. All the way from Sonic 1 - Sonic Unleashed, that is the sole reason Sonic went super back then.

*Mephiles

Your contradicting yourself. How can he not be deceiving, yet he deceives one of the main characters in the game?

Either Way, Mephiles does not only manipulate Silver, he also Manipulates Shadow to some extent. The only Reason Shadow even cares about defeating Mephiles so much is because he feels obligated to prove Mephiles wrong. Provocation is a form of manipulation.

Even if that wasn't his initial purpose, Mephiles is still controlling Shadow. Shadow intended to Trap him in the future. He would've succeeded too until Omega Showed up.

Where did you get this information from? The Death Egg Fell out of the Sky AFTER Sonic 3, the game in which Knuckles first interacts with Sonic. As far as the game explains, Eggman just shows up and tells knuckles that Sonic and Tails are bad guys. What exact reason would Knuckles have to trust him if 1 of the two people who are claimed to be bad guys is a child? Knuckles doesn't even give Sonic the benefit of the doubt, he just bashes him, CHUCKLES, and runs away. He continually bugs Sonic without asking ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER. And to top that off, Eggman is running around the Island DESTROYING IT, and he's STILL on Eggman's side? For a good reason? What a load of Bologna!

Even if the scenario in which his Death Egg DID fall out of the sky did happen, why would knuckles trust him then? What RIGHT-MINDED INDIVIDUAL would have their FACE on a space station? 

Silver's situation is much more understandable, and is a lot less of a stupid decision. Silver lives in a world were everything is screwed up. Literally everything. EVERYONE THERE LIVES WITHOUT HOPE. He tries time and time again to stop the beast plaguing his land, but he can't. No matter how many times he tries it comes RIGHT BACK. He is a kid who is mentally scarred because of the state of his future. He's filled with Grief, Anger, Loss, and Despair, and all he wants to do is make the world a better place. HOW IS THAT IN ANY WAY STUPID??? Especially compared to knuckles?

Fuckups =/= Plot holes

There are many ways to fuckup a story that aren't plot holes. You can have terrible characterizations, for example. Like Eggman is completely forgettable in this game, he has no charm. The writers decide to give him the gentleman villain stereotype. When I think of Eggman, I don't think of a gentleman he's egotistical and intelligent madman who has a sense of humanity. He doesn't have to hurt anyone to get the things he want, he only does so if it's a means to get said goal unlike a certain Shadow recolour but the other members are handling that.

Why can Sonic use Chaos Control? I just what?! I said that he used the Chaos Emerald's energy multiple times before, since Sonic 2, Sonic has been using the Emeralds' power to stop evil. It's not that hard to comprehend that Sonic may have a connection to the energy and used that connection to a fake Emerald that has the similar energies as a real one. But hey, if you want to ignore this post and many other ones many members said it's your decision, just don't waste my time having constantly tell you again previously stated points. I'm getting quite furious as I'm typing this, just make it simple!

Well why couldn't Tails give Sonic the message then? He wasn't with Sonic at the time, so why couldn't it be him? Knuckles had more priorities than just giving Sonic a stupid card when he could be protecting a ancient relic that can fuckup the world if it got into evil hands. You were aware of how much confusion there was when people saw Blaze in this game, like is she a new Blaze or the one from Rush? No one fucking knows and the game sure as hell doesn't tell you either, it just gives you vague references that Blaze might know Sonic before but that's just it, it doesn't explain anything! Sure she didn't have a purpose in later games but you can say that to pretty much every other character that isn't Sonic, Tails or Eggman but we're not talking about those games are we? We're talking about how fucked up and convoluted this excuse of a story got made by 3 writers who were just as clueless as we are.

What? How are any characterizations in this game bad? From what I can see, the only person who was out of character was Blaze, for Obvious Reasons.

No, he's MUCH worse in other games (yet you still don't hear complaining about that though...). He's true to his previous Nature. A genius who is a bit childish, and cynical at the same time. He throws a fit whenever he doesn't get his way, and proceeds to tackle that problem as soon as it arises. He acts so nonchalant when he first appears before Princess Elise. Then when Sonic comes in, he acts all crazy and tells his Robots to practically Level the place just to catch Sonic and Elise. How is that out of character? He promptly scoffs at many of Sonic's attempts to foil his plans, saying things like: "It's only a matter of time before it's mine anyway, so why don't you hold onto it for me?". That isn't out of character. The Eggman of the past acted exactly like this. In Fact, the Final boss fight between Eggman and Sonic really captures their Rival...-ness...(?) toward each other.

Like I said, The game doesn't tell you that, so you have no choice but to guess. In fact, the game never tells you how ANYONE can abuse the powers of the Chaos Emeralds, therefore, the shoehorning of those moments in both games are by fault of Sonic 2 and any prior game for not explaining the aforementioned previously. Tails can become Super Tails by collecting the Super Emeralds, Knuckles can become Super/Hyper Knuckles by collecting the Super Emeralds, Shadow can turn into Super Shadow by collecting the Chaos Emeralds, Sonic can become Super/Hyper Sonic by collecting the Super/Chaos Emeralds, Blaze can transform into burning blaze by collecting the Sol emeralds, but why? It's NEVER EXPLAINED. Since Shadow is a male hedgehog and he's able to transform into Super Shadow + use Chaos Control and Sonic is a male hedgehog who is able to transform into Super Sonic + use chaos control, then it would only make sense that the new hedgehog who also happens to be male can use Chaos Control + transform into Super Silver. 

TL;DR: Basically, No one explains what made the chaos control thing or the super transformation in the first place, therefore it would only be nitpicking to blame Sonic 06 for not explaining this especially when other games prior didn't explain them beforehand.

See? There you go nitpicking with this game again. (Even if that was the Case, Knuckles has been seen carrying the Master Emerald, so why can't he just carry it with him now? After All, Angel Island is attached to a cliff in the mystic ruins, so why worry about it?)

I'm quite sure that the game VERY CLEARLY let's you know that Blaze is aware of who Sonic is. "A blue Hedgehog...?"

Isn't just SO interesting that you happen to see THAT and not THIS:

Yes, and I greatly apoligize. I was just being defenseful. Since I see now that most people here are very calm and sophisticated with their opinions I will refrain from being so arrogant with my opinions in the future.

2) Who's to say that said statue wasn't replaced entirely? The player wasn't present during the gap between times, how are you even sure that said statue is the Eggman statue. How are you even sure that the previous statue had anything to do with that? That's just it, you don't.

Have you actually played Sonic CD?

I'm quite sure that the game VERY CLEARLY let's you know that Blaze is aware of who Sonic is. "A blue Hedgehog...?"

Have you actually played Sonic 06? 

Only the game DOESN'T do this at all. Yes Blaze says "Blue Hedgehog..?" but there's nothing at all in the delivery to suggest she knows him, she spent what was it, a whole game with him and knew his name, why would she call him a blue hedgehog and not out rightly come out and say his name,

Other evidence to support this comes from Blaze/Sonic's scenes together, not once do they ever reference each other or call each other by name, Blaze never learns Sonic's name in the game, and Sonic never learns her name, yet they don't say anything to each other? They saved the world together and both went super together, they both fought each other yet at no point in Sonic 06 do they ever call one another by name or even talk/acknowledge each other.

Even if you have the excuse 'Well it's hundreds of years into the future, maybe she forgot?" that certainly doesn't apply to Sonic. 

This is either the following.

1: Shocking poor writing.

2: Shockingly poor scene editing.

3: A shockingly useless addition of a character into a story.

4: All of the above.

• Thumbs Up 7

Okay, I'll have to disagree with that as well ^^"

(I appreciate the help, by the way!)

Really, I don't think the entire "true fan" label is fair in general. When the question of "what is" is asked, people get too many different answers, and it can even exclude certain fans.

Now this is me, but I also enjoy Sonic '06, but I most certainly wouldn't tell anyone they weren't a real fan for not liking it. The game is full of bugs and glitches, and I know it, but I accept that. If this were any other game with bugs and glitches, I wouldn't want to come near it either, lol.

Honestly, telling anyone who is and who isn't a true fan just isn't fair. It's more of the matters of who is who to tell one if he or she is a fan? Wouldn't that be up to the person themselves? I dunno, just a thought I had.

I don't think there is a single Sonic fan (or at least to my knowledge) that loves every single Sonic game out there. For me, it's the classics I hate, others hate the modern Sonics, then some just hate certain Sonics. It's not about the games you may or may not love, it's about the hero you pick from them. Right? ^^

Alright then...

I know exactly what you mean. That statement was just a means of being defenseless, and even after someone directly quoted me about it, I promptly answered with an apology. I already made amends for that comment., I don't know why people keep bringing it up to be honest. It'd be just as easy for any other fan of the series to say that I'm not a fan simply because I like a game that nearly all Sonic Fans Hate. The last thing I'd want to end up is a hypocrite. 

Have you actually played Sonic CD?

Yes I have. 

But as I said, The statue is ENTIRELY REPLACED instead of built over. Even if it was how would you know?

But as I said, The statue is ENTIRELY REPLACED instead of built over. Even if it was how would you know?

Sonic_CD_Angel_Statue.PNG

robotnikscd.png

I guess he was a fan of the base.

Also there's all that promotional artwork of Eggman writing his own name on walls.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright, I'm not usually one to do this, but why the on earth are we splitting hairs over whether or not a statue was replaced? And like, trying to justify it by being crazy conspiracy theorists over Sonic the Hedgehog?

Comrade, the point was that Eggman has always been egotistical. Whether or not the Illuminati had aliens abduct the statue to learn the secrets of JFK's assassination has absolutely no bearing on that point, and there are plenty of other pieces of evidence that support Eggman's just being full of himself from day one. Just let it go, comrade. It's really not worth it.

• Thumbs Up 1

What? How are any characterizations in this game bad? From what I can see, the only person who was out of character was Blaze, for Obvious Reasons.

No, he's MUCH worse in other games (yet you still don't hear complaining about that though...). He's true to his previous Nature. A genius who is a bit childish, and cynical at the same time. He throws a fit whenever he doesn't get his way, and proceeds to tackle that problem as soon as it arises. He acts so nonchalant when he first appears before Princess Elise. Then when Sonic comes in, he acts all crazy and tells his Robots to practically Level the place just to catch Sonic and Elise. How is that out of character? He promptly scoffs at many of Sonic's attempts to foil his plans, saying things like: "It's only a matter of time before it's mine anyway, so why don't you hold onto it for me?". That isn't out of character. The Eggman of the past acted exactly like this. In Fact, the Final boss fight between Eggman and Sonic really captures their Rival...-ness...(?) toward each other.

Like I said, The game doesn't tell you that, so you have no choice but to guess. In fact, the game never tells you how ANYONE can abuse the powers of the Chaos Emeralds, therefore, the shoehorning of those moments in both games are by fault of Sonic 2 and any prior game for not explaining the aforementioned previously. Tails can become Super Tails by collecting the Super Emeralds, Knuckles can become Super/Hyper Knuckles by collecting the Super Emeralds, Shadow can turn into Super Shadow by collecting the Chaos Emeralds, Sonic can become Super/Hyper Sonic by collecting the Super/Chaos Emeralds, Blaze can transform into burning blaze by collecting the Sol emeralds, but why? It's NEVER EXPLAINED. Since Shadow is a male hedgehog and he's able to transform into Super Shadow + use Chaos Control and Sonic is a male hedgehog who is able to transform into Super Sonic + use chaos control, then it would only make sense that the new hedgehog who also happens to be male can use Chaos Control + transform into Super Silver. 

TL;DR: Basically, No one explains what made the chaos control thing or the super transformation in the first place, therefore it would only be nitpicking to blame Sonic 06 for not explaining this especially when other games prior didn't explain them beforehand.

See? There you go nitpicking with this game again. (Even if that was the Case, Knuckles has been seen carrying the Master Emerald, so why can't he just carry it with him now? After All, Angel Island is attached to a cliff in the mystic ruins, so why worry about it?)

Isn't just SO interesting that you happen to see THAT and not THIS:

And when did he act childish, oh yeah a stomp of a foot, completely childish by all means! Well instead of just standing there doing nothing just kidnap her since, reboot or not, Eggman should know that Sonic will be on his way anytime soon but nope, Eggman is just going to take his sweet ass time with it. Because that's so Eggman. Why couldn't he just get the emerald now, it's obvious he needs it so why just wait for tomorrow, answer that question. This is out of character since Eggman can just overpower Sonic with his robots and take the emerald for himself but for some fucking reason he doesn't, the other games might have been similar about this but atleast it doesn't make Eggman look like a hypocrite.

But the Super Emeralds are not part of the game canon, the canon goes by Sonic 3 and S&K separately. Blaze using the Sol Emeralds is somewhat similar to Sonic and Knuckles connection to the Chaos Emeralds, first off she's the guardian of the emeralds so due to her being assigned that role there is a good chance that she probably established a connection to them, just the same way as Knuckles. When she used its power, she was using its positive energy like Sonic in Adventure 1. Shadow can turn Super due to his blood already being one with said energy since Black Doom can use the emeralds as well, how that works is anyone's guess but we're talking about how is Silver using Chaos Control an asspull. Silver isn't a guardian of the emeralds of the future or has established a connection prior to meeting Mephiles, he doesn't even know them since after the Egg Genesis fight where he gets the emerald from it, Blaze mentions about the emerald like she's introducing it to him, therefore meaning Silver doesn't even know the power of a Chaos Emerald.

Oh, so Knuckles was carrying the Master Emerald with him all the time at 06, does the game ever tell you about that or is that another asspull of yours. There was no mention of the Master Emerald or Angel Island, it completely ignores it entirely and I really doubt 06 completely ignores 3&K where it does mention the said relics. So yeah Knuckles is completely useless in the game, just let Tails give Sonic the card and give Knuckles some sort of fucking respect or GIVE EVERYONE SOME GODDAMN RESPECT! And no, this is not nitpicking, it's nitpicking when I say 06 sucks because Nack isn't in it or the it sucks because the visuals isn't like COD or something. These are actual problems the game has and you are not looking at it that way, the reason why you not think so is beyond me but don't point the finger at me and any other member when we have some proof that this games sucks while you are running out of ways trying to defend it.

Did she ever say it was Sonic? Did she ever mention it again? 

The answer is big fat FUCKING NO to both questions, therefore mentioning that was complete bullshit and only confuses thing even more in an already overcomplicated plot!

Well I wouldn't have to remember that if you actually listen to us instead of ignoring us every single fucking time we bring an argument! 

I know exactly what you mean. That statement was just a means of being defenseless, and even after someone directly quoted me about it, I promptly answered with an apology. I already made amends for that comment., I don't know why people keep bringing it up to be honest. It'd be just as easy for any other fan of the series to say that I'm not a fan simply because I like a game that nearly all Sonic Fans Hate. The last thing I'd want to end up is a hypocrite. 

Well it seems that you're still arrogant about it since we are still having this argument then and last time I remember you made a topic on why people likes Colors and that the game actually sucks, granted I'm not a big fan of it either but I don't come off as dick because of it.

You are right. My mistake.

However, Eggman is just fine if any of these statues (or any part of his base for that matter) is blown to bits by him, Sonic or GUN. A TRUE egotist

A TRUE Scotsman...

Sorry dude, you lose. At least have the dignity to admit it plainly instead of trying to weasel out of it.

Where did you get this information from? The Death Egg Fell out of the Sky AFTER Sonic 3, the game in which Knuckles first interacts with Sonic.

It fell after Sonic 2, crash landed on the island (which is why it was at sea level, instead of floating), briefly rose again at the end of Launch Base, then fell back to the island again.

HOW IS THAT IN ANY WAY STUPID???

His honorable intentions in no way negate his stunning gullibility. No amount of caps lock is going to change that.

Except, this is yet another example of how stunningly incompetent '06 is. The line is poorly translated. The word she uses can mean either "blue" or "naive". She's not remembering Sonic, she's misinterpreting Silver's words and wondering if he's the one who ends up being responsible for everything.

Which he kind of is, due to being a gullible doofus.

• Thumbs Up 7

Except, this is yet another example of how stunningly incompetent '06 is. The line is poorly translated. The word she uses can mean either "blue" or "naive". She's not remembering Sonic, she's misinterpreting Silver's words and wondering if he's the one who ends up being responsible for everything.

Huh. I didn't know that, actually. Nice bit of trivia!

Also, how could Blaze be remembering Sonic so vaguely? By this point, they've already met in Sonic Rush, where they had some substantial character development together. How can she suddenly forget one of her first friends?

The answer is that it's either a prequel to Sonic Rush (unlikely, as Blaze would have remembered Sonic during the events of Rush, which she doesn't), or Sonic 06 was completely self-contained in its own canon, which is the most probably explanation. It corroborates the supposed 7th Emerald plothole as well. It also doesn't help that the game erases itself from existence, as well as Sonic Generations representing one of its levels (granted, this game was already halfway developed during the restructuring where they delisted all the mediocre Sonic games).

The problem comes when the game was marketed - never as a strict reboot. A retooling in the same way that Sonic Lost World or Sonic Unleashed was, maybe, but it was never marketed as a complete story reboot. 

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, how could Blaze be remembering Sonic so vaguely? By this point, they've already met in Sonic Rush, where they had some substantial character development together. How can she suddenly forget one of her first friends?

It's made more hilariously sad by both the terrible story and the fact that Sonic continues to be almost completely hollow and terribly out of character: this is the same guy that's recklessly marched in on traps and loves to act before thinking as a way of life, yet there he is just peeking out from behind a door and looking at his newest friend hanging with the guy that just tried to kill him not even a few hours ago and a mouthless off-colour Shadow with creepy as shit eyes.

Then straight after outside of Flame Core, he flatly tells Shadow to not be late and gets his iconic yet strangely absent snark handed back to him on a silver plate.

And then straight after that, he's just hanging at the back of the group when Iblis leaps out at them, not even jumping in front of Tails to protect him as Shadow did when Rouge flew back in surprise.

06 really was just a personified hatred for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh. I didn't know that, actually. Nice bit of trivia!

The answer is that it's either a prequel to Sonic Rush (unlikely, as Blaze would have remembered Sonic during the events of Rush, which she doesn't), or Sonic 06 was completely self-contained in its own canon, which is the most probably explanation. It corroborates the supposed 7th Emerald plothole as well. It also doesn't help that the game erases itself from existence, as well as Sonic Generations representing one of its levels (granted, this game was already halfway developed during the restructuring where they delisted all the mediocre Sonic games).

The problem comes when the game was marketed - never as a strict reboot. A retooling in the same way that Sonic Lost World or Sonic Unleashed was, maybe, but it was never marketed as a complete story reboot. 

Yeah that's true.  Sonic 06 was never actually marketed as reboot.  Regardless, I still consider Sonic 06 in its on separate canon.  It's the only a way I can justify the actions made by the characters in this game.

Most notably Shadow being a agent of GUN.  I know Shadow let go of his past in the previous title but there's just no way Shadow would being willing to work for GUN.  Not after SA2 and ShtH!

And also that thing with Blaze.

Most notably Shadow being a agent of GUN.  I know Shadow let go of his past in the previous title but there's just no way Shadow would being willing to work for GUN.  Not after SA2 and ShtH!

This actually happened in ShTH canonically, and it just carried on over to '06. Like a lot of ShTH's elements that actually affect canon though, Sonic Team were stupid enough to bury it where few players were actually likely to find it - it required unlocking Hard Mode, which in turn required all A's across every existing mission, including the hero-dark equivalents for each.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm, you do raise a fair point there, dude. 

If it weren't Silver's consistent and incompetent attempts at bumping off Sonic, Elise wouldn't have formed such a crush on Sonic when he constantly rescues her and his death (via Mephiles being a complete butt) likely wouldn't have affected her to such a degree that it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and caused her to cry, releasing Iblis and dooming existence as a whole when Solaris was immediately reformed. When you think about it, SIlver was, in a way, the very Iblis Trigger that he was trying to stop.

How dramatically ironic...

• Thumbs Up 1

Elise would've been kidnapped regardless of Silver's inconveniences...since Eggman would just go back to the castle and take her again...even when rescued Elise, Eggman came right on cue and kidnapped her again...all Silver did is let it happen 2 more times than it would have.