Awoo.

Saints Row IV

Carbo

Sorry Australian fans, but your game will have to be bought from another country, because:

"In the Board’s opinion, Saints Row IV includes interactive, visual depictions of implied sexual violence which are not justified by context. The Board also says the game includes elements of illicit or proscribed drug use related to incentives or rewards. Such depictions are prohibited under the guidelines."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/25/saints-row-iv-banned-in-australia

What the FUCK? Didn't we get an R18+ rating for games specifically to prevent that from happening?

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, so no one posted the Independence Day Trailer

Nolan North is a voice slot in the game

Just gotta make the sexiest female character in the game, and then have NN voice her. Boners will explode through the roof

What's justified evil, anyway?

Isn't the whole series basically justified evil?

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, this game screams for an " Earth to __________" joke.

I honestly can't wait to experience the crazy in this game.

• 2 weeks later...

He's back

expecting a Gat Mobile that shoots lasers and can fly any moment now

• Thumbs Up 2

sr4-wubwub.jpg

So I already have this thing pre-ordered and I think I'll be pretty pleased with it.

But if you didn't think they could one-up this of all things, well, that's just underestimating Volition.

EZGOTG.jpg

Saints Row 4 is getting a Game of the Generation Edition which comes with all sorts of goodies, and is limited to 5,000 copies.

For $130 the edition comes with a light-up rotating display case with an individually-numbered plaque, a velvet pouch and all items in the previously announced Super Dangerous Wub Wub edition as well.

It comes with a 12-inch Dubstep gun replica, an 8-inch Johnny Gat Memorial Statue, and a pocket-sized Dubstep Doomsday Button.

Those who purchase either collector’s edition will also receive all in-game items from the Commander in Chief pre-order bonus, which include a Screaming Eagle that fires rockets out of its talons and can invoke the “Sonic Scream” attack; a limited-edition American-iconic “Uncle Sam” uniform; and a stimulus package featuring the ‘Merica gun.

Both editions along withe the standard game are available for pre-order in North America.

Saints Row 4 launches August 20 across North and Latin America and August 23 in the rest of the world.

... ..... ... .. .

Carbo... Tell me if I should spend all my money on this?

Edit: Or should I spend Dreadknux's money on this?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the Initiation Station from Saints Row The Third?

Well Saints Row IV's Inauguration Station has just launched. It's available on Xbox Live and Steam right now. It will be released on PSN EU tomorrow, and PSN US next week.

So if you're into doing that kinda stuff, knock yourself out.

It's a joke. Probably.

You are wrong; it's real. =P

irVsSnmqusxmS.PNG

It is however, a horrible deal.

Here's an itemized list of all the stuff you get with the package, and how much it would cost in the real world (when there was some vagueness, we went with the most expensive feasible option we could find):

• Saints Row IV Commander In Chief Edition: $59.99 (Source)
  • Virgin Galactic space flight: $250,000 (Source)
  • Full-size replica dubstep gun: $500 (estimated value)
  • Hostage rescue experience: $200.36 (£129 - Source)
  • Plastic surgery: $7,311 (lower body lift, national average - Source)
  • Spy training day: $155.30 (£99.99 - Source)
  • Personal shopper: $39,000 (Annual membership - Source)
  • Capsule wardrobe: $12,104.30 (Source)
  • 7 nights at the Top Royal Suite at the Burj Al-Arab, Dubai: $19,057.99 (AED70,000 - Source)
  • A week for two at the Jefferson Hotel in Washington DC: $4,900 (Martha Jefferson Suite - Source)
  • First-class flight to Dubai: $1,984.15 (Virgin Atlantic Luxury Class, from London)
  • First class flight to Washington: $1,451 (Virgin Atlantic Luxury Class, from London)
  • Lamborghini Gallardo: $250,000 (Source)
  • Toyota Prius: $32,650 ("as shown" price - Source)
  • One-year auto insurance: $1,836 (national average - Source)
  • Supercar membership: 15,920.30 (GBP10,250 - Source)

All told, we came up with a total cost of only $629,974.69 for the contents of the SRIVSDWWE(akatMDP), the vast majority of which is taken up by the space flight and luxury car.

The worst part? No Season Pass.

Edited by FourCartridge

I'd laugh so hard if this was real. Seems to get a lot for the price. I never imagined this much outrageousness from the whole Saints Row campaign. This game isn't trying to be what GTA used to be anymore. Its gone on its own direction.

I'd laugh so hard if this was real.

It is real

Now all that stuff does sound good and all, but does it come with the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzsSPBQo9Eg

It's not that morgan freeman, but another morgan freemand who sounds like him.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that is pissing me off about this game is that you now have to do Everything to get 100% Completion. Yes this means you have complete the Challenges as well even though it says they are optional, wouldn't be a problem if some of weren't God awfully tedious and they weren't buggy.

There is one challenge where you have to drive an Alien Vehicle for 2.5 Million Feet/Miles, I shit you not. Fuck that, you can't replay any of the missions. I have heard if you start a new game and want to get 100% again you have to do these challenges all over again. 

They so tedious that can't be arsed and it is frustrating because I have done all the other three Saints Row games 100%.

Forcing to do these challenges is unfair in my opinion which spoils the game quite a bit, which is a shame. I'll do a proper review later. 

Saw this at Expo 2013.

I didn't play it myself but I did spend quite some time observing... I will say it looks like devilish fun with just how crazy it's gone. I like how rebellious it seems as a whole against Grand Theft Auto's trend towards realism, what with the ability to fly and all that jazz.

I also note that nudity seems to be a common theme in a lot of the cutscenes. This just gets better every day doesn't it.

The weapons are certainly looking interesting; we're not quite at Ratchet and Clank levels of crazy but if there was a sequel I wouldn't put it past them to go the whole nine yards. I mean, c'mon, reverse engineering alien tech and stuff is easy when you can issue an Executive Order to do it.