Awoo.

The SSMB animation thread! running series name: 'Stadium Mayhem' Pilot under development, release TBD

Mando-Whirl-Wind

Well I'd be down for being a Concept/Character Artist, since it's my only strong point I feel, I'd just like to also throw another vote up to Naysu/Lightsen above me, she's a phenomenal artist and animator and she has an incredible sense of humour, so seriously think about making her one of your animator's, bare in mind she's working on her own stuff too.

But yeah artist/character artist/ concept artist etc. That'd be me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to be a Main Character please!

Oh and I can do music too! When I get FL Studio and a personal laptop...

I love this idea so far. As for what I could possibly help with, it could be writing a story outline, or script. I can do some storyboard work and concept artwork, if I'm needed.

Well, if you want to try and make that idea I had for the Staff vs the trolls idea that I have mentioned a couple times(or as I may now call it: The Troll Wars: Rise of the Celbi-trolls). Or you could mess with the sonic vs thread dueling idea ;)

Well, if you want to try and make that idea I had for the Staff vs the trolls idea that I have mentioned a couple times(or as I may now call it: The Troll Wars: Rise of the Celbi-trolls). Or you could mess with the sonic vs thread dueling idea wink.png

I'm not big on the trolls v.s. staff thing (though it could work, I'll PM you a story outline later though.

I'm not big on the trolls v.s. staff thing (though it could work, I'll PM you a story outline later though.

well, fill free to look around, the idea is that each segment is supposed to be inspired by whats been happening around here, but with a lot of hyperoble and exageration(like the Vs Thread turning from a verbal duel to a sword duel, then Shadow and Knux Crash it). Just remember try and keep it clean

A downside to this I could see happening is potentially making our job kinda more difficult. If a finished product were to go up about the staff having to deal with trolls, undoubtedly we'd get a mad rush of more trolls. I mean excellent animation fodder, but kinda counter productive, XD. Just what I see anyways.

As for characters, it'd be awesome if we could personify as many people as possible. I mean cool beans if we just use what people look like, but going off avatars, figures people are known for liking/being involved with, and so forth would be pretty fun.

Lastly, not sure how indepth you guys plan to go, but animating takes a LOT of time from what I hear, so I was kinda curious if a monthly one would be possible. I'm not way an expert on flash and stuffs though, so I'm just going from what I've heard or tend to see, but just bring it up as an fyi regardless haha.

I'm pretty excited for this though if it happens. Bringing SSMB to life through various forms of media is the best.

Well, something new and slighty random, a running logo, hope one of you artists can come up with something better, here is what we have for now:
stadiummayhemlogo.jpg

if you want something better make it, I am a modeler not an artist

Also at Wolfy, I guess we can go away from the troll idea, however I do want to say its up to vote wheter to do a MONTHLY, or a BI-Monthly(every other month) production, I think the every other month one will work out better in the end. Also the original idea was to base the characters off their various avatars, thats part of the fun ;)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Well, something new and slighty random, a running logo, hope one of you artists can come up with something better, here is what we have for now:

stadiummayhemlogo.jpg

..Eh, needs to be more Sonic-y. Put it in a Sonic font, perhaps?

I think the best thing to do is have a member centric animation/segment for each or every other month. Think of it in a sort of Looney Tunes sorta since, and it would be great for spreading the love around the forums. For example, we could make one comic centered entirely around how Crow's obsession with booze doesn't really mix well with his "occupation" as grim reaper, or having Shadzter desperately trying to grab a juicy scoop only for all of his leads to run short or having another member/reporter getting it out before him in the end. You can probably tie in a few "big" events or forum in-jokes from there, maybe even connect them to make an ongoing story. Though overall I just feel that doing it in this manner is a bit more representative of the forum itself if we were to jump from one member's perspective to the next, since the members are really what make the forums go round :U

• Thumbs Up 2

No Cero that is a Bad idea, can you imagine my episode? It'd just be boobs and all the guys of SSMB drooling over me :l

• Thumbs Up 4

You guys, the entire point of htis is to come up with a bunch of ideas, and sort out some good ones, doesnt mean everyone will be accepted. We have some artists signed up, however what we need some work on are some basic plot ideas, so here is what I ask:
Write some segments, and I as editor will pick the best ones for the artists to give a go at. for the pilot I am thinking 3-4 segments, an intro, and possibly a art showcase showcase segment. So start writing, I will see about ironing out the concept and getting some artists on it. I am also accepting nominations for a logo and a intro, Now off you go

Well, if it turns out we're going to go off of avatars, then I'd better change mine soon! I actually came up with a design for "Emperor Robrainiac," which I'd rather use than my grim reaper demon chick thing... Wait, what do you mean I'm not a character in this? :P

Er... Anyways, I can definitely do some pencil animation, The school I go to actually has a scanner that can scan more than one page.  That'll come in handy when the time comes to begin production. 

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

The ambientation would be in a strange "Blue world"?

I was imagining a blue building with the SSMB logo in a town (It could be a residential or office building) where everything happens

I was thinking more along the lines of a digital city, with each subforum acting as a separate section of the city, and little residential areas and what not being dispersed around the place. Egh might draw up my concept for SSMB town that I used for that SSMB fic that i almost did but never got around to actually doing

So, this is what I've got out planned.

So, Dreadknux has finally finished construction of The Sonic Stadium in London, England. All SSMB members from the world wide around (those who don't live in Europe, of course) have been invited to go the grand opening in the evening, with free flight passes! So, a few days later, it's the opening evening, and Dreadknux gives a speech about the history of TSS and how he's been waiting to show this moment to Sonic fans worldwide. Just before he could cut the ribbon along with roaring applause, a giant obtrusion flew over the speech platform and the stadium, a ship, shaped like 0. Inside of it was Felix... dressed up in a Darth Vader suit, wanting to get revenge on SSMB and take it over once and for call for his own bidding. Will our SSMB heroes be able to stop this menace once and for all, and protect the Stadium?

My story outline

imsosorrypleaseforgivemeforthis

I was thinking more along the lines of a digital city, with each subforum acting as a separate section of the city, and little residential areas and what not being dispersed around the place. Egh might draw up my concept for SSMB town that I used for that SSMB fic that i almost did but never got around to actually doing

SSMB Town...located between Sega Forums City and Retro City...that way you can symbolize how quite some members (including me for example) came from one of these 2 places or even share their time between the 3

But also it could be a bad idea to include 3rds without permission now that I think...but it could be a possibility

I've got your plot right here:

Dreadknux has created a digital world for Sonic fans to live in! But an anonymous group is out to destroy it! Will the Mod Squad defeat this threat? 

I'll do script for the voices if you want. 

Edited by Rainbow Parakeet

Sounds like fun, but how would I work as a character if I change profile pic and name so much? Shapeshifter?

I have an interesting idea to keep everyone in the limelight.

Why don't we have episodes that focuses on a plot with different members every time and have that plot resolved for the end of the episode?

Its a nice thought.

I think the best thing to do is have a member centric animation/segment for each or every other month. Think of it in a sort of Looney Tunes sorta since, and it would be great for spreading the love around the forums. For example, we could make one comic centered entirely around how Crow's obsession with booze doesn't really mix well with his "occupation" as grim reaper, or having Shadzter desperately trying to grab a juicy scoop only for all of his leads to run short or having another member/reporter getting it out before him in the end. You can probably tie in a few "big" events or forum in-jokes from there, maybe even connect them to make an ongoing story. Though overall I just feel that doing it in this manner is a bit more representative of the forum itself if we were to jump from one member's perspective to the next, since the members are really what make the forums go round :U

I honestly think this is the best idea of the lot. It'll give us a chance to focus on individual members, kinda like a member of the month showcase thing. Plus, if we focus on one character, we can write a more coherent narrative.

episode cola: cola tries to escape freddie who is madly in love with him and at the end there's a giant mecha fight with eddy

I've got a few ideas for this:

Crow: Like it says, his obsession with booze and a sub-plot of him running for President of the SSMB.

Wolfy: Trying to escape the furry world, Wolfy is hiding in the SSMB.

Hogfather: Tired of finding horse meat in his burgers, Hogfather started a burger business with chao meat, possibly invoking the wrath of Chaos.

Pelly: A lab experiment of Pelly's ends up zombifying several members and must find the serum.

DaHog: A new writer for Sonic Redux, DaHog is trying to find new scoops while working for Hogfather at the burger business.

More coming soon when I think of them. And I'll do the script writing if you want. 

How about I am omniscesent narrator, but the end clip ends up showing my avatar at a computer at the end laughing like an evil villian at the chaos I have recorded! or just glowering a bit