Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Derailing that line of discussion for a new episode title.

Season 4 Episode 8

Title: Rarity Takes Manehattan

Synopsis: None yet

Air Date: January 4th

Finally! We haven't had a Rarity episode since 2011, the predictions that one wouldn't come until 2014 were true. It's in her hometown, but I believe one of the writers said Babs would not be in season 4...

It's a Christmas miracle! An official FiM soundtrack, Songs of Friendship and Magic, is now available on iTunes! Sure, it only features highlights from the first two seasons rather than being all-inclusive, but it's a start! Full tracklist below:

1. At the Gala Song
2. Becoming Popular
3. The Smile Song
4. Art of the Dress
5. May the Best Pet Win
6. The Flim Flam Cider Song
7. The Laughter Song
8. Winter Wrap Up
9. B.B.B.F.F.
10. This Day Aria
11. Love Is in Bloom

Awesome to finally see this released! Can't wait to rock to these clean versions! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 4

It's a Christmas miracle! An official FiM soundtrack, Songs of Friendship and Magic, is now available on iTunes! Sure, it only features highlights from the first two seasons rather than being all-inclusive, but it's a start! Full tracklist below:

Awesome to finally see this released! Can't wait to rock to these clean versions! biggrin.png

>Only musical numbers

>Over half of said musical numbers are missing

I really should've seen this coming. 

It's a start, I guess.

EDIT: To clarify, I was kind of hoping that they'd release the soundtracks by each Season of FiM, each having the musical numbers and the background music to go along with it (maybe some extra content too, like the fabled better version of CMC theme in Season 1, or the other version of "Hop, Skip, and a Jump").  Season 2 in particular had a few good tunes that weren't the musical numbers, and I would've enjoyed to hear them clean.

Plus, releasing it like that would be more organized.  The random selection they have here, and being out of order at that kind of makes me mad, and I can only imagine it getting worse if they continue to release songs in this fashion.

Huh, gotta say that I didn't really expect that to happen lmao. Like Nix said it's kinda meh that they're missing songs from the first two seasons, but it's something I guess. Most of the major songs seem to be there, and aside little short diddies aside, the only one I can name off the top of my head that's missing is the CMC song.

Actually wtf, why isn't the show's theme song on there?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well that's disappointing. I was expecting all songs of the firsr two seasons, but...okay. It's something, but meh.

Yeah, I really wish stuff like this related to the show was more organized. It's bad enough with the little randomized DVDs, though at least in that case we have the full seasons now.

I for one am quite happy with the soundtrack, featuring pretty much all my favorites and clean with no sound effects.  I'm just glad we got anything at all, because I vaguely remember Daniel Ingram saying it would difficult to release a soundtrack for multiple reasons.

• Thumbs Up 2

Me before watching MLP: FIM "Why would anyone watch this?"

Me after watching MLP: FIM "Why wouldn't anyone watch this?"

I know, people have different opinions and I respect that. I didn't thought once that I would love this show.

• Thumbs Up 2

1. Episode 13 Season 4 hints. To Be Announcednote As stated by Meghan McCarthy, this episode "might feature my favorite Rarity performance ever. Really not sure how [Tabitha St. Germain] made it through that record."

1. Episode 13 Season 4 hints. To Be Announcednote As stated by Meghan McCarthy, this episode "might feature my favorite Rarity performance ever. Really not sure how [Tabitha St. Germain] made it through that record."

Alright the really blatant copy/paste shit doesn't fly in here. I've been in here way too many times to count and I'm really sick of it anymore. It's always either just a simple snippet found somewhere that's copy/pasted in from recent, or recalling something that happened 3 years ago or so with no context to anything. All of these are only followed with a sentence or two, and sometimes (like this), not even effort whatsoever.

This thread isn't any different from the rest of the Sonic Stadium, and even though it might feel like it's own little world, it's still held up by the rules in the rest of the forum. These 580 pages could very well be simplified to maybe 200 pages tops if most of this junk was scooped out of it.

So for anyone in here from this moment onward wishes to continue doing these kind of posts, you'll be receiving more than a friendly reminder anymore. When you post in here, make sure you have some good input on the matter that's discussion worthy. Again, drop the simple inserts of pics/video/links with no backbone.

• Thumbs Up 7

...Well, to add something to this, I'm intrigued! Rarity's had quite a few great performances (i.e. all of them), so hyping this up as her favorite certainly piques my interest!

• Thumbs Up 2

Today it's Saturday which means it's time for...

488700__safe_rainbow+dash_animated_wat_b

In an episode that I guess will make more than one feel a bit self conscious. At the same time I expect to see some people picking at scenes that could be interpreted as controversial in one way or the other, Polsky just happens to write this kind of episodes more often than not. :x

But anyway, this also seems like the kind of episodes that will mix reality and fiction a little, all covered under another layer of fiction considering we are just watching a show... Which is kind of eerie (I wonder if RD and Twily have a fanon?)... 

This also made me think that despite all the Wonderbolt talk we have in the show (which is not really all that much now that I think about it) I don't think we've gone and truly seen Dash fangirl side as this episode promises to show us, which at the same time also makes me wonder about other character's reaction to whatever is going to happen here...

Man! We could have so much character interaction in here, but I feel it's going to be more of an RD-centric episode and her antics with AK Yearling. (which I'm perfectly fine with, mind you)

4f6Mi.png

About the previous episode, I've wondered about how Celly seems to know stuff yet at the same time she doesn't. You could think she knows everything and is just nudging the characters in the right direction yet things don't always go the way she planned them to, you can hear her talk about destinies and she can send you to a weird space where all your life is recorded and stuff like that but she's made many mistakes before, wouldn't she be able to avoid these if she was truly omniscient?

You could just chalk it out to a character trait that the writers didn't really think through, she's supposed to be the pony with all the answers yet she also has to be clueless about other things so the mane 6 can solve the problem. But we can't make headcanons out of that can we?

So I thought about it for some good 5 minutes or so and I came to the conclusion that Celestia has some form of precognition as a special skill, she can see the future or the "destinies" of some of the characters, but the future itself isn't as set in stone as the show would make us think, the character in question also has to travel a big journey to reach the end Celly envisioned, which would explain why Sunset turned out to be such a nutcase.

At the same time, since a more direct approach failed (again, Sunset) she's been trying to be as subtle as possible with Twily, the way she didn't outright told her if there was or not info about the tree in her own library could be either her being extremely paranoid and trying to take the subtle approach for everything involving her ex student (more likely), or taking in mind the piece of fanwank I just spurted she could have seen many different outcomes that could have happened if the journal of friendship didn't happened.

Tell Twi about the book ----------> Twi finds book ---------> Stuff happens

Tell Twi about a book in the library ----------> Twi spends all night in castle while her friends do crazy antics ---------------

------> Friendship happens ------------> Dairy is created --------------> More stuff happens

Alternately, you could also count a faraway future when some other ponies find the journal of friendship. (in a JoJo world, this would be how Part Gen5 starts :U)

Of course, we would have deal with the terrifying idea of someone controlling someone else's future. :x (but it doesn't seem to be any worse than the idea of fate being set in stone)

I need some coffee... See ya in a few hours! /°

M-My headcanon... D:

Well, the episode was fun.  Daring Do's... sort of a bitch, and I'm not sure if the best lesson for Rainbow Dash to learn here is "fuck yeah, I'm awesome".  Not a particularly great episode, but fun with a lot action going on.

I did love the nerd fight between Twilight and Rainbow though.  That was great.

• Thumbs Up 2

An okay episode, but didn't like it as much as last week's. It was action heavy, liked the nerd-off between Twilight and RD, some Pinkie jokes though some were a tad forced and that more stallions have been popping up even though they were villains and should be more good guy stallions, which makes me pine for a Big Mac episode even more.

Well, good to know that Princess Twilicorn is being ignored and amounting to nothing at this point as DD or Ahuizotl didn't react to it. The plot felt kinda weak to be honest and predictable esp. with author's book being an autobiography of sorts and the whole 'helping is actually hurting progress of others', the Mane cast not lifting a hoof to help DD when she was attacked by the thugs, RD's fangirling/Holding the Idiot Ball was a bit annoying at times along with RD beating herself up felt quick and unnecessary, the 'brony/fandom' aspect overall felt kinda forced, message seems to more of ego-boasting on Dash's part, and DD acting like a 'jerk' and reasons for working solo wasn't well established or built upon.

Though I honestly don't know how to feel about DD's book being real as it felt kinda misplaced compared to the rest of Equestria and how it didn't feel to transition very well with the characters and settings. I thought the idea of Twilight's mother as the author would have been more interesting to see and know more of the Manecast's parents, and that Daring Do would actually be more fitting in a separate universe that can become a neat little spin-off series of its own with a standalone mythos. Also, another thing so jarring is that throughout RD is basically conversing with a recolor of herself. I mean it would have been fine if RD can relate to somepony/something that is fictional like DD because she looks like her and adventurous than that is fine. However, to me, DD's design is nothing special since it is basically RD recolored out of a Pony Creator and it would have worked well as a fictional character within the FiM universe because of that trait. Though the thought Ahuizotl and Discord teaming up does sound interesting, but eh. Also, with much action going on, it felt that the whole overarching plot of the 'box and key' could have been well implemented here is some way and it could have strengthened the plot for the episode as well if one of the keys were found or had some clue about them. So pretty much wasted potential there.

• Thumbs Up 1

liked this episode, but...

How did all of these adventures happen and iconic villains exist in real life without anyone realizing they were real, and that therefore the Daring Do series was nonfiction? It wasn't really explained at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

While the episode did have its flaws, it wasn't as bad as Spike At Your Service or Games Ponies Play.

Fluttershy's teaching the baby chicks in the beginning was cute. Also, there were definitely references about obsessive fans of a series and how they can expect a little too much.

I wasn't expecting Daring Do to be real at first, but it became obvious who "A.K Yearling" really was once the scene inside the house came up. The adventure scenes were fun to watch, but there were some things about this episode that bugged me:

* Daring Do is in trouble and Rainbow is all just "It's all my fault, I think I'll just go home." The element of loyalty everyone.

* The rest of the Mane 6 just seem to be along for the ride. This episode was clearly RD focused and had it just been only her making the appearance, it wouldn't have mattered.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I'm in the middle of juggling between writing a review for Series 17 of Thomas & Friends and developing notes for a Railway Series/Thomas & Friends fanfic adaptation of FIM, my review won't be so long.

What I liked:

1. The nerdy moment Twilight and Dash had as they explained various moments and scenes of the Daring Do canon cracked me up (and Pinkie following it clearly was a clever touch). As an out nerd, I've been on both ends of the spectrum (in in graphic design and FL9 diesels, out in bus specifications). Funny, yet extremely relatable. Best moment in the episode and so in character of them both.
  2. Dash fangirling Daring Do was something I could really see her do. Since Read It and Weep, you could tell how close Dash was paying attention to the series as well as all of the details surrounding the DD canon. The little winks of her knowledge and fanaticism from Spike at Your Service were quite nice and reflected the continuity of the series.
  3. Twilight actually uses her teleportation spell. Must be a holiday today. :P
  4. Another nice wink of the Indiana Jones series in the form of the Western map.
  5. It shows a connection fandom and creator has from here to others. Fandom is passionate, crazy, and wild. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. We've seen that so much in so many fandoms, namely sports fanbases like college football, baseball, ice hockey, and soccer.

Likewise, the same applies to the people who authorize the canon. Creators and writers (both official and fan) do owe their fans. Without fans, there's no fandom, no popularity, no fame, and (for the pros) no money. Rowling wouldn't have been a billionaire if Scholastic didn't entice the public and help create the gigantic Harry Potter fandom. Besides the gigantic TV revenue that's scheduled to begin in 2014 (about $1.5 billion from ESPN, TBS, and FOX altogether per year), one of the biggest reasons baseball players get millions of dollars is because fans pay a bunch of dough to sit and watch their favorite teams and players play (and if you're a market like LA; St. Louis; New York; and Boston, win).
  6. "My mind is officially blown!" Obviously, Twilight. ;)
  7. I like how Fluttershy called out her friends for suggesting to help Daring Do.
  8. Great animation, and the fighting sequences had nice action, humor, and tension. The fights were fast, yet paced well, and there was plenty of foreshadowing to the climax.
  9. Conceptually, it was a breath of fresh air as far as Dash-centered episodes are concerned. While previous ones focused on her ego and sensitivity, this one focused Dash about how much she wants to put it aside and aid her idol. It was a change of pace for Dash and felt both in character and real for her.
  10. Daring teasing Ahuizotl Owee-whoever-name-is and Dash's reaction were hilarious.

What I didn't like:

1. Some parts of the episode when there was no fighting felt rather quick. Not so much to disturb the plot (and seriously, the pace here is objectively better than Keep Calm and Flutter On), but enough to miss the plot points and confuse the viewers.
  2. Dash played the fangirl too long. While she was shown a powerful lesson by inadvertently getting in Daring Do's way, she made up for it. And to be fair, she did think about what Twilight said to her as she followed her, talking back and forth about joining her idol and then doing the best she can to knock herself out cold after realizing she was behaving stupidly.
  3. Up till the end, pretty much every pony minus Pinkie was in on the action. Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack were background ponies for the first sixteen minutes of Daring Don't. It would've been better if Dash, Twilight, and Pinkie were the lone characters of the Mane Six in this episode.
  4. Daring Do was based on Indiana Jones, who welcomed help if needed (according to my research). While it backs up the book Dash read in RIaW (as well as her secret identity and distant location), DD, however, behaved similar to Batman and felt out of character as far as the source material is concerned.
  5. *rolls eyes at hearing the Wilhelm Scream*

Overall, impressive work. Definitely my most favorite Polsky episode and quite possibly his best one in quality.

P.S.: By the way… :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I found this one to be okay, I never was that interested in DD as a character (more on that later) so the best parts for me was when she wasn’t there, (the first act and the nerd battle.)

I feel that discovering Daring Do is real both improved and degraded my opinion of her for different reasons. Firstly, a mini rant on why I hate her design and was uninterested in her story during RiaW. Of all the official characters DD has the worst color pallet choice IMO and is the only character I actually dislike because of it; Gradient grey hair with a grungy yellow coat with a beige hat, greenish gray jacket on a character that’s always in ancient temples and shadowy jungles. There’s nothing interesting or vibrant about her character design besides her eye color. She’s so muted and de-saturated that she blends in too much with her environments and sticks out like a sore hoof standing among the main six. My last grievance is the fact that she was a blatant pallet swap of Rainbow Dash. As for why I didn’t like her RiaW story, it was at the time fiction-within-fiction following a character that I didn’t like aesthetically and had no investment in.

With the revelation that Daring Do exists in-canon I’m now invested in the character as her adventures carry some weight and consequence for the fate of Equestria/the world.  However by being an actual character I can no longer hand wave her lazy design as just Rainbow Dash projecting her own likeness onto a fictional character.

It wasn’t a good episode but it didn’t do anything really bad with the main cast, although I agree with the sentiment that aside from Twilight they didn’t need to be in the episode after the party. The humor and Indy references were enough to keep it fairly entertaining but just like Castle-mane-ia there wasn’t enough of the strong character development and introspection that made me love this series, hopefully next week delivers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Homigosh

Well the episode was definitely fun, but it felt really rushed to get things going sometimes. While I see some take the lesson of the episode as "fuck yeah, I'm awesome," I actually thought it was more over a lesson on keeping yourself in check that you're a fantastic person and not to compare yourself to your idols in such a way that you feel inferior or something. While RD's fangirling was supposed to be the backbone of the comedy in the episode I guess, I'll agree that it went on for way too long.

Again, all in all it was pretty fun, but kinda half meh that I guess the Daring Do universe exists in the rest of the MLP world. You could smell it a mile away once you saw A.K. Yearling, but I was really hoping it'd go a different route, or at least her life just being a metaphor for the (what looked like at first anyways) trouble she had with the mafia thug ponies (this was the best part of the episode homigosh).

So all in all I liked it a lot even though it has it's flaws in being pretty shallow in some departments. Maybe I'm bias because Daring Do is awesome, but eh. I at least liked that she acted like a real person probably would, extremely annoyed of brainless fans, especially when she's got other shit on her mind *shrugs*.

• Thumbs Up 2