Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Hopefully this will turn out the same way the "New" Luna thing went back when Luna Eclipsed aired. Everyone was expecting the fanbase to explode when the real, non-fanon Luna was finally seen. But then pretty much everyone accepted it! Although I've seen some really butthurt anons and such on ponibooru talking about how "old"/fanon Luna is better and all that stuff. : P

If there is a huge fandumb disturbance caused by the upcoming Valentines episode, well, I'll just sit back and laugh. I support pairings, but shipping isn't really Serious Business to me.

Edited by ElementofChaos7

derpy_computer_stare_by_shinmera-d41yvvj.png

I meant to post this a few days ago, better late than never. I've been noticing some comments on YT and a few on ponibooru images and I realize that YT comments should be taken with a BRICK of salt but they've been bugging me anyways. What to you guys think of Season 2 in comparison to season 1? I see people saying that this show has been going downhill fast by becoming too fan faggy by season 2 with all the fan service, (or 'fan asskissing' as I've seen put) such as all the scripted Derpy cameos and that Big Lebowski cameo. I realized that the show still has the same charm as before, but this sort of thinking just baffles me.

Also, what do you think of the show becoming 'more about the fanbase' nowadays? I don't get what that's supposed to mean

I've heard that criticism before, but I can't say I agree with it at all. I mean, it's certainly possible for a show to be too fan-conscious, but I really don't see that happening here. This isn't like Avatar: The Last Airbender, where there was a whole episode that made fun of the fandom and that short super-deformed extra cartoon about shipping*; all of the various fandom-related cameos and inside jokes we've had in season 2 of FiM probably amount to less than a minute of screen time and no dialogue. They've never influenced the story, they've never been too "adult" (or even all that fan-specific; a little kid watching the show is probably still going to find a cross-eyed pony funny) and they've never taken screen time away from the stuff that's important. I really don't see what the problem's supposed to be.

*Though those were both still pretty good, as I recall.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

I usually don't make this kind of posts but....

HOLY...

HOLY...

(I feel like Unleashed's Eggman XD )

65768%20-%20Lyra%20artist%3ALightbulb%20manly_tears%20parody%20reaction_face.png

As for this question...

What to you guys think of Season 2 in comparison to season 1?

That is as good or even better than Season 1?

I've noticed differences, subtle ones (like poses, expressions and stuff like that), but they hardly matter in the grand scheme of things.

And as for fanservice... Eh, I still have to see any of that taking away from the story instead of happening in the background where only the people who actually care about them will be able to see it. (Derpy's scene in Luna Eclipsed might be the only exception, taking out the amazing quantity of 5 seconds of screentime).

Anyway, what was the problem again?

EDIT: Who cares, have more awesome music.

Edited by 502 Bad gatoway

^Which is exactly how they should be. The best in-jokes are two jokes at once. An average person sees a silly, cross-eyed mare. A brony sees Derpy.

So, having read Allegrezza up to its latest chapter and having thought it was the best thing since macaroni, (and for the sake of my analogy, screw you if you don't like macaroni) I made the decision to write a piece of music inspired by the fanfic. So, fanmusic. Of a fanfic. Yush...

WHY_WUB_WOO_SO_MUCH-(n1293929867319).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been noticing some comments on YT and a few on ponibooru images and I realize that YT comments should be taken with a BRICK of salt but they've been bugging me anyways.

Youtube and ponibooru comments? Yeah, not exactly the best places to find intelligence. I guess you could say that about any comments section anywhere, really.

The complaints of "fanservice" (honestly, the only fanservice I can see is the Derpy cameos and maybe some of the subtle shout outs...and SEASON ONE had both of those!) bug me to no end, but I try to ignore them.

I've enjoyed Season Two just as, if not more, than Season One, so I guess I just don't understand any of the complaints. Cries of "RUINED FOREVER!!!!!" were probably inevitable the instant Season Two began...I can't really take them seriously. :/

Personally, I think Season Two is better than Season one. I think it's funnier, better animated and more well made than season one. I like it a lot better and I LOVE season one. Personally, I ignore Youtube comments. Honestly, I can' see how the show's gone downhill. It still has the same charm as always and the animation noticeably improved. Sure there is some fanservice like Derpy popping up and such but it's nothing that takes away from the show. And I don't see how that Big Lebowski cameo counts as fanservice. The show really hasn't been "more about the fanbase" in season two.

*ahem*

I've changed my avatar. :P

Oh, and Tornado, while you're here:

From the far more subjective perspective of the themes covered...

Well, hell. I don't exactly know how to put it lightly, so I'll just hold it in.

I honestly don't mind, and I need that kind of information for future chapters and fics, so:

Please. :P

Edited by eXtaticus

Awesome! An I Love Lucy reference!

It looks like a great episode.

Never watched I Love Lucy so that scene went completely over my head. Pinkie Pie was hilarious though. Hopefully this will make more sense in the context of the full episode. An Applejack episode...still can't believe it's happening. Let alone two in a row. Man this is gonna be good. Glad Pinkie finally got some spotlight last week too.

Surprised they did ponies. Even as a brony I often skip the intro, I just don't like it. I would have shown a random clip from an episode. I lol'd in a good way at the guy who declared Lauren Faust and bronies trolls. Wonder how he'd react to Trollestia?

Batguy made another pony parody video? Batguy made another pony parody video:

Oh crap, need to add something so this post isn't just narcissistic advertising. Uh, Season 2... I don't think it sucks. IMO the first 13 episodes of season 2 feel more solid and entertaing than the first 13 of season 1, and that's including the infamous Mare-Do-Well episode.

• Thumbs Up 2

LIKED, FAVED, AND SUBBED. 5 STARS. WOULD WATCH AGAIN.

Also season two is infinitely better than season one, what are those foals whining about? Just compare the voice acting, writing, and animation of the pilot to the last few episodes. Mass improvements abound.

There's nothing blatantly wrong with season one, though. It served as a base of sorts for the series by introducing the main characters, important locales, and a general feel of Equestrian culture and whatnot. Now that we've got that all done and settled, season two has the opportunity to further flesh out the finer details of the world, such as creating episodes that focus on axillary characters, further mythos, and whatnot.

Edited by HunterTSF

I meant to post this a few days ago, better late than never. I've been noticing some comments on YT and a few on ponibooru images and I realize that YT comments should be taken with a BRICK of salt but they've been bugging me anyways. What to you guys think of Season 2 in comparison to season 1? I see people saying that this show has been going downhill fast by becoming too fan faggy by season 2 with all the fan service, (or 'fan asskissing' as I've seen put) such as all the scripted Derpy cameos and that Big Lebowski cameo. I realized that the show still has the same charm as before, but this sort of thinking just baffles me.

Also, what do you think of the show becoming 'more about the fanbase' nowadays? I don't get what that's supposed to mean

As soon as Lesson Zero premered, I began to see some BAAAWWWing in Equestria Daily. I really couldn't help but roll my eyes... no, facepalm... no, faceDESK upon reading these reactions. It was only the third episode into the season! Really? Though I really shouldn't be surprised. Stuff like this always happens when there's a slight change... There's always someone who will shout RUINED 4EVER!!!1!11!!2!!!

As a matter of fact, I recall browsing around You Tube... Someone in the comments went as far as to say, Lauren Faust left the show because she "Knew the Monsters she created, and did not want any part of that..."

post-1293-0-53656500-1327048814_thumb.png

Yeah, Lauren Faust hates the fanbase sooo much... Especially considering she 's expressed numerous times she loves the fanbase, she answers questions about the show without showing signs of getting tired of answering them... SHE'S GOING TO BRONYCON FOR GODS SAKE. YEAH, SHE SURE HATES US MONSTERS!

*Sigh,* well that end's my rant. Here's my reaction to the preview.

An I love Lucy reference? Man, Not since Kirby: Right Back at ya, have I seen so many pop culture references taking place in a fantasy world! I probably wouldn't have got the joke if my mom wasn't such a huge fan of I Love Lucy.

Now then, Gimme a Blues Brothers reference, writers. If you do, this show will be officially my favorite show of all time.

I look forward to this episode. I really like the adventure-based episodes, so I'm hoping this wont dissapoint.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I'm looking forward to The Last Roundup. I've always liked Applejack, and it'll be good to see her get some character development.

The synopsis makes it sound like the other five will be heavily involved, so that's a plus as well. I love episodes that deal with the entire cast, even if they're focused on one specific pony.

My FiM collection.

mm3mup.jpg

Where did you get those show acurate Pinkie Pie and Rarity? I think I see a little Rainbow Dash too, picture's a little bit blurry.

I'm looking forward to The Last Roundup. I've always liked Applejack, and it'll be good to see her get some character development.

Me too.

Where did you get those show acurate Pinkie Pie and Rarity? I think I see a little Rainbow Dash too, picture's a little bit blurry.

At McDonald's

At McDonald's

Okay Hasbro, when the free toys a fast food company hands out with their kids meal are more accurate to your own work than the stuff you actually sell, you seriously need to review some things.

• Thumbs Up 8

AWWWWWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Time for...

ugoH4.jpg

WET MAN-I MEAN, PONIES!

It's time for the last round up, if my memory doesn't fail me we are going to see AJ being a silly pony, and her friends might or not take it very well... What we pretty much know is that the Apple farmer will not.

This episode actually got me thinking, if what I just said is true it means that we are going to see Applejack failing at some tasks... I can't honestly see that happening... Seriously, I can't see AJ failing at things. laugh.png

The only things we know she doesn't handle that well are technology-related, but I'm not so sure if we are going to see many things like that... Isn't this episode about a rodeo? Maybe we will see some other talented cowponies (it feels so weird using the word "cow" like that in this series) who will be able to match the apple farmer.

As for things that are most likely not happening? parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents parents *BUH SOME APPLES!* PARENTS!

Oh well, with nothing else to say, I'll just leave you with one of the most interesting Winter Wrap Up remixes I've seen:

And as per usual, we already have the resume of an upcoming episode!

What is this? Pinkie converting somedonkey to the herd "faith of friendship, happiness and cakes" in canon?

Will she teach him to smile smile smile?

(oops! wrong song! =P )

Also, lol Fluttershy fans...

=(

See ya in a few hours!