Awoo.

The Topic of OMG FREE STUFF!?

Badnik Mechanic

Injustice Ultimate Edition is free on PS4 Xbox 1 and Steam.

Appears to be worldwide.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

• 1 month later...

A technical freebie, although you need PS Plus:

Due to the ten year anniversary of PlayStation Plus, Sony's giving out ten dollars (or your country's equivalent to that) to PS Plus members. For the time being, it seems to be coming out in waves, as many have reported receiving it, and many have not (including myself). The credit is automatically added to your wallet as well, there's no codes or anything like that.

If you want to see if you got it, you can go to the PS Store to check your wallet there. There should be a notification on your PS4 about it as well, although there's been a few reports on Reddit of the notification being delayed, so you might've gotten your credit already, but not gotten the notification.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of people on there are saying it might be for longtime subscribers only, and not new ones. Which would explain why many aren’t getting it. I’m not a consistent subscriber, I typically only subscribe if I have the money to spare or if there’s anything of note on PS+ for the free games 

35 minutes ago, KHCast said:

A lot of people on there are saying it might be for longtime subscribers only, and not new ones. Which would explain why many aren’t getting it. I’m not a consistent subscriber, I typically only subscribe if I have the money to spare or if there’s anything of note on PS+ for the free games 

No, I've been consistently subscribed since 2011 or so, and I haven't gotten it, so it can't just be for longtime subscribers.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

No, I've been consistently subscribed since 2011 or so, and I haven't gotten it, so it can't just be for longtime subscribers.

it’s random and goes on until August 11 apparently. I was joking about PlayStation deciding if you were cool enough to get the 10 dollars, but it seems that’s actually the case oh my god lol

I have been a PS+ subscriber and had a PS account literally since the first year of the PS3... I have... NEVER ever gotten any of these free credit things.

It's so odd because I'm always picked to try out Betas and even some early gameplay betas... But when it comes to actual store credit... Nope.

1 hour ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

I have been a PS+ subscriber and had a PS account literally since the first year of the PS3... I have... NEVER ever gotten any of these free credit things.

It's so odd because I'm always picked to try out Betas and even some early gameplay betas... But when it comes to actual store credit... Nope.

Same. I wasn't a subscriber since the very beginning, but I was one, and consistently have been one for near the very start. I can in-fact pinpoint the general time of when I first subscribed, because the free game I really wanted when I did subscribe was that time Sonic 1 was free on PS3, and Sonic 2 was free a few months later.

I have never gotten into any promotion with PS+ to my knowledge. I've gotten a few beta invites before - I was in the closed beta for the Vita version of PlayStation All-Stars, I got into the betas of a few games, but I had to specifically sign up for them. I think the only things I got in via PS Plus was Street Fighter V, and another game I wasn't interested in.

But any of the other promotions? Nothing. None of the free credit, not the six months of Netflix, nor the Funimation Now subscription they were giving out last year. I really wish Sony would start laying the conditions of these "giveaways" clearly, especially when this wasn't even shown off as a giveaway, the notification message very clearly states it was a gift to celebrate PS+'s tenth anniversary. 

Honestly, it'd be one thing if I knew it was just a PS+ giveaway with clear rules to begin with, but it stings a lot when you've been a subscriber for ages, only to have Sony do these random ass giveaways at random with no clear detailing on the conditions. Maybe that sounds a bit entitled, but idk, feels frustrating knowing that someone who had PS+ for like a month could get this random gift over people who've quite literally had it from the first year of launch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It seems to honour Chadwick Boseman, Marvel is giving away a crap ton of Black Panther comics on their comic app. If you go into the app, and go to free, you can scroll through them all. 

There’s around 150 free issues being given away atm, covering quite a lot of the various Black Panther runs.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Genshin Impact - that massive open world anime Breath of the Wild clone (that is actually not really anything like Breath of the Wild) - released yesterday on multiple platforms including PS4, Steam and IOS. 

It is FREE to download and play. And I don’t say that cautiously because despite it having all the elements of Gatcha Mechanics and MTX systems - (which aren’t entirely unacceptable in Freemium games anyway). The big difference here is the developer Mihoyo has actually crafted a freemium game where you don’t have to use any of these mechanics to beat or enjoy the game at all... which is almost unheard of these days.

Whilst I’d still have preferred to have picked this up for £39.99 or whatever on disk (as the games quality is pretty high tier putting a lot of AAA’s to shame)... I can’t complain all that much as there is no encouragement by the title for me to pay for anything I need to progress.

So it’s a win/win in my book and worth a look if it’s a sort of game you are interested in. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I dunno for how much, but on european PSStores, Crypt of the Necrodancer is currently free.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't normally add PS Plus games here, but I'll make an exception this time.

Destruction All-Stars has now been released for free for PS Plus members, and it'll remain free for two months (Now until April). If you don't have a PS5, but have PS Plus - or hell - if you haven't used the PS Plus free trial, it's highly recommended you use the PS App on IOS/Android to access the PS Store and pick it up.

Destruction All-Stars was initially a big first party game being dropped on the PS5's release date at full price, however it was delayed and announced a PS Plus game, so if there's any title you wanna ensure you get via PS Plus, even if you have a PS5 or not, it's this one. Similarly - Control Ultimate Edition just released on PS5, and is also free with PS Plus.

Concrete Genie is the third free game (a PS4 game). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/play-at-home-returns-four-months-of-offers-for-playstation-games-and-entertainment-begin-march-1/

Sony has brought back the Play at Home initative once again, this time offering four months of free games and offers. In March, you'll be able to get the Ratchet & Clank 2016 reboot for free to keep, as well as a special offer for Funimation Now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was pretty close to purchasing R&C 2016 the other day when it went on sale again, glad I made the right call. But three months worth of free games is always a nice treat regardless of owning them or not, that's a good move on Sony's behalf.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The next part of Sony's Play At Home initiative has been announced - from March 25th onwards - 10 free games will be available for everyone to download. These are:

March 25th:

• Rez Infinite (VR compatible) 
  • Abzu
  • The Witness
  • Enter the Gungeon 
  • Subnautica
  • Moss (PSVR Required)
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (PSVR Required)
  • Paper Beast (PSVR Required)
  • Thumper (PSVR Required)

April 19th:

• Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

As usual, you can pick these up from the PS Store on PS4, PS5, or via a web browser/PS App. Some of these games are absolutely fantastic, with my personal favourites here being Rez Infinite, Astro Bot, and Horizon, definitely be sure to pick these up while you can.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Nubarron adventures of unlucky gnome is a indie platformer, now free on steam for rest of the week.