Awoo.

2012 Christmas Gift Thread

PSI Wind

Some socks (including a Sonic pair!), a shirt, a lot of silly little gifts, 20 quid, chocolate, two t-shirts, some work shoes (which I'll be getting tomorrow), a bottle of ale (one of those festival ones, you know), and a few things to go in my car (ie an emergency kit, and a few other things).

Compared to most of you, my haul is fairly small, but I'm happy with every gift as well as the gifts I gave considering I didn't put as much thought into them as I'd have liked.

Oh and my friend says she got me a t-shirt, I'm expecting the worst tongue.png

Edited by Semi-colon e

My friends and I had a gift exchange on the 14th at my place, where I obtained quite a bit of swag.

For Xmas though, I got

-A bunch of stuff for my new apartment (I'm moving out the 1st of January) from my mom.

- My girlfriend got me an HD-PVR2 by Happauge for streaming (since I spoiled myself with a new desktop on Black Friday), so now I will start streaming

- During the gift exchange, I got a bunch of game related shirts, an E Engery mug from megaman, Sonic Fleece throw

and my one friend still has gifts he wants to give me, he just hasn't gotten here yet

Let's see....I got a Roxio Game Capture (so Sonic Little Big Plerations Updates as soon as I can get it to work ^^"), Sonic Classic Collection (yay), 2013's Guinness Book of Word Records, Halo 4 (double yay), a shit ton of candy, A PSN card for 20 bucks, a Microsoft points card, a Lego set, and a copy of Transformed for the 360....which I'm going to trade for the PS3 version so I can play online.....

All in all, a pretty good Christmas.

Edited by Sly-in-a-stocking

I got a Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Pro Controller, New Super Mario Bros U, Ben 10 Omniverse Wii U, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Wii U, Batman Arkham City Wii U, Nintendoland, Headphones, Clothes, Candy, and £140 to spend on whatever.

-squints- .... The lack of Far Cry 3 in this thread is sickening.

I suppose you've all been waiting for my haul? lmao

• Dark Knight Trilogy
  • Amazing Spider-Man
  • Red Tails
  • Far Cry 3
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Body Wash
  • tons of sweets
  • My Little Pony blind pack with a sparkly Apple Jack in it!
  • A gothic fairy thingy from my sister
  • A "this is my Zombie Killing shirt" Shirt.
  • Life sized Metroid figure
  • Samus Figma
  • Zero Suit Samus PVC
  • Tetris Alarm clock
  • Black Rock Shooter limited edition anime box set with figma
  • BRS poster
  • BRS mat
  • Sonic Adventure 2 Multi Dimensional Soundtrack
  • Crush 40 - Rise Again
  • Sonic 4 Soundtrack
  • Super Sonico CD's (4)
  • SEGA Powerplay soundtrack
  • Various doujinshi
  • Jet Set Radio promotional Soundtrack
  • Jet Set Radio promotional art work
  • Win-Chan art books
  • Burning Rangers Tillith Resin garage kit
  • Hanaharu first Press book
  • Super Sonico hoodie/jacket
  • Super Sonico A1 2013 calender 
  • MOE! Witch Encyclopaedia
  • MOE! Demon Encyclopaedia
  • MOE! Angel Encyclopaedia
  • MOE! Goddess Encyclopaedia
  • "Introductory to the true science of tentacles"
  • uhh.. so much other stuff that got held by customs though...

so yeah!

Welp, I officially didn't get anything for Christmas. On the flipside, I got my family a few gifts and they were pretty happy. So it's not about receiving  it's about giving right?........

right?

sad-panda.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, I officially didn't get anything for Christmas. On the flipside, I got my family a few gifts and they were pretty happy. So it's not about receiving  it's about giving right?........

right?

sad-panda.jpg

I got my dad a Blue Ray Player, I've never seen him so happy, so yes it felt better giving than receiving this year. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I got a rock

I got:

1) Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

2) Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

3) Adventure Time: Hey Ice King, Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! (3DS version)

4)Ted (Blu ray)

5)220 in Cash

6) 125 in Gift Cards

7)New Balance Sneakers

8) 2 T-shirts

9)Button shirt

10)New Sweat Pants

11)4 Pairs of Underwear

12) Pack of socks

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

We all got my sister one of those iPod stereo thingies.

She's been doing nothing but blasting her music all day.

What have we done....

We all got my sister one of those iPod stereo thingies.

She's been doing nothing but blasting her music all day.

What have we done....

RELEASED THE KRAK- I ehh.. mean, gave a wonderful gift!

• "Introductory to the true science of tentacles"

I swear I didn't send this, I swear.

Also I gave my mom a flower from my backyard while we were in the christmas table with my mom's side of the family. She was happy even if she gave me a $20 LEGO toy and I gave her something that cost me nothing. But eh, she was happy and I was happy to see her happy so yeah giving > receiving

BUT SEEING YOU GUYS' GIFTS MAKES ME FEEL ENVIOUS AND SAD ;C;

I got some shirts, a nice new watch, Adobe CS, some money, and my mother's getting me a gift card. I don't really care about gifts though- and I'll usually buy what I want throughout the year anyway. I'm hard to shop for. 

• MOE! Witch Encyclopaedia
  • MOE! Demon Encyclopaedia
  • MOE! Angel Encyclopaedia
  • MOE! Goddess Encyclopaedia

so yeah!

• Thumbs Up 2

merry_christmas__by_c_h_a_o_s_controller

-Sonic shirt
-Excalibur Sonic figure
-Sir Lancelot figure
-How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse
-Pokemon White 2
-Portal 2
-planner (I didn't want one...got it in my stocking anyway)
-travel bath set (meh)
-sketchbook
-4 cool-looking mechanical pencils

-a bunch of candy (not shown)

...And, I took the picture with a new digital camera! It's not as great as my old one, but hey, sure beats having a broken one that doesn't work.

I was gonna do pictures but fuck it

-Back to the Future Trilogy on Bluray

-Back to the Future Teefury shirt

-Nintendo Land

-Bad Dudes (NES)

-Castlevania (NES)

-$20 PSN Card

-new wallet

-metric shit-ton of candy

and also coming in the mail is a Paypal debit card preloaded with $50

Also my brother and I flipped a coin and I won $20

Plus, that $50 gift card and 2 movie tickets I got from my aunt in the secret santa, and the $5 my uncle gave me for no apparent reason.

I think I did pretty good this year, and I' very thankful for every thing I got.

Edited by Comet

A beautiful Disney-branded Bolt plush with an iTunes gift card in his collar, and the iPad with which to use it on. Two DVDs: Ice Age: Continental Drift and Brave (the latter of which is apparently at my brother's job), a patterned pair of jeans with the shirt and sweater to match, a diamond-studded bracelet and pair of earrings, and an Elizabeth Taylor perfume set. I really only asked for Brave, so I consider this a good haul, although an undeserved one, as my budget didn't allow me to reciprocate the quality of gifts to my family. -.-... and technically, I still have shopping to do. Why must this holiday be filled with such stress and failure?

Our Christmas was a little different this year, since we're up visiting family, but we also ended up doing the majority of our gifts before hand. Anyways, here's my loot from this year.
Metroid Prime 3 from my younger brother
Super Scribblenauts from my sister
A DS case, stylus pack, and Kirby's Mass Attack from my parents
A pair of socks (joke gift,) along with a McDonalds gift card in my stocking (and candy.)

A Gamestop gift card from my older brother.
Motherfucking 32" HDTV from my older brother and his wife for our whole family.
...you know come to think of it, I actually did pretty well this Christmas. I don't know why I was ever so "Oh you guys are lucky and my Christmas is gonna suck in comparison to yours yadda yadda yadda" before. Maybe Christmas has just shown me to be more grateful (or I'm just so excited because first HDTV.)

A beautiful Disney-branded Bolt plush with an iTunes gift card in his collar, and the iPad with which to use it on. Two DVDs: Ice Age: Continental Drift and Brave (the latter of which is apparently at my brother's job), a patterned pair of jeans with the shirt and sweater to match, a diamond-studded bracelet and pair of earrings, and an Elizabeth Taylor perfume set. I really only asked for Brave, so I consider this a good haul, although an undeserved one, as my budget didn't allow me to reciprocate the quality of gifts to my family. -.-... and technically, I still have shopping to do. Why must this holiday be filled with such stress and failure?

Don't fret, getting a bolt plush means you win Christmas this year.

Update:

Books:

• Battle of the Fang by Chris Wraight
  • Book of Secrets by Lloyd Bradley, Thomas Eaton, Emma Hooley, Patrick Humphries and Charlotte Williamson
  • First Into Action: A Dramatic Personal Account of Life in the SBS by Duncan Falconer
  • Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
  • Horus Rising by Dan Abnett
  • Hyperion by Dan Simmons
  • Shadow & Claw: The First Half of the Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  • The Joker: 20 Years Inside the S.A.S. by Pete Scholey
CDs:
  • Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 Official Soundtrack - Bear McReary
  • Divenire - Ludovico Einaudi
  • Lindsey Stirling - Lindsey Stirling
  • Living Things - Linkin Park
  • My Head Is An Animal - Of Monsters And Men
Clothes: DVDs:
  • Homeland: Season 1
  • Prometheus
Games:
  • (360) Assassin's Creed III (Walmart Edition)
  • (360) Darksiders II (Limited Edition)
  • (PS3) Dishonored
  • (PS3) Doom 3 (BFG Edition)
  • (360) Gears of War 3
  • (PS3) Killzone Trilogy
  • (360) Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Bonus Edition)
Misc.:
  • Carbon Monoxide Alarm
  • Sort of 'Deal With It'-esque Sunglasses
  • Star Wars Clone Trooper Candy Dispenser
All in all, a bloody top haul this year! Christmas dinner wasn't great though, but hey, when you've got this much awesome stuff, who even cares about food? Pics later, maybe.
  • Thumbs Up 1

So here's what I got:

-Sonic Screwdriver.

-Toploader NES/SNES console that works perfectly.

-Rainbow Dash plush

-Celestia yarn plush made by my sister

-A Combustible Lemon mug. (Speaking of which, I was just about to have some tea!)

-New PS2 (My old one broke, so I'm so glad i got a new one. I don't really care if its a PS3 or not, really.)

So this was a wonderful Christmas! Though I'm sad it's gone so soon. One of the things I love about Christmas is everyone's anticipation for it, and I'm getting the Post-Christmas blues right now think of how it's going to be gone. Oh well...

Adding to the ice cream my dad bought me, from my extended family I got a wallet, a sweater, a box of chocolate truffles, three movie tickets, and $290.

Pretty small haul this year, still more than I was expecting though. Got the usual chocolate assortment (selection box, Terry's chocolate orange and other randoms) from Mum, and the Digimon DVD and Boom Blox from my boyfriend. smile.png

168A1987-B8BE-421B-A151-38D342F4E0A5-701

The DVD is a bit of a comically ironic gift though, since it's dub only. laugh.png

I will echo that giving gifts feels way better than getting them. But then, I have pretty much everything I want anyway (within reason, anyway; I'm hardly going to expect a new TV or sound system).

Edited by -Mark-

-Sweatshirt, hat, and coffee mug representing the school I'm transferring to in a few weeks

-Snow globe

-I Say, I Say, Son: A Tribute To Animators Bob, Tom, and Chuck McKimson by Robert McKimson Jr.

-The Toy Story Films: An Animated Journey by Charles Solomon

-Floyd Gottfredson Mickey Mouse Comics Vol 1+2 Box Set

-Season 2 of Friends

-Fucking epic Spongebob poster featuring not just the main cast but also a bunch of classic one shots like Flats, The Health Inspector, Reg, The Weeny Hut Jr nerds, the old ladies from the chocolate episode and more.

Pretty simple stuff I got for Christmas this year. I have got:

- A new Bicycle

- Bench Leather Jacket

- Hoodie (to match with my Cross Hatch jeans)

- Playboy Slippers

- Bathrobe

- Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (PS3)

- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (PS3) 

- iPhone 4 Angry Birds Protective Sock

I had a great Christmas day and all my friends and family liked what I got for them so yeah it's more about giving and spending time with your loved ones.