Awoo.

Kiss

Mick

kiss.jpg

Kiss

This famous rock band are from my state and are considered to be one of the greatest hard rock bands of all-time. They were (kinda still are) one of the most tremendously popular rock bands in their heyday. With songs like Strutter, Detroit Rock City and Heaven's on Fire. Yeah I know one of those songs aren't their most popular, but I like it. They're quite an influence to not only hard rock, but other types of rock and even metal to a certain extent.

I saw the AC\DC thread and it made me think of another hard rock band, Kiss. So talk about Kiss here.

Like with AC\DC, I only like certain songs. I probably wouldn't buy an album by these guys. I'd probably download individual songs, put them in a playlist and that's it. The only thing I bought by this band was Kiss Pinball for the PSX.

Everytime we get one band thread, we end up with about 10, lol. Ah well.

Kiss! This is where I boast about seeing them last year. And, regardless of what you think of the music, you cannot deny that they go all-out and creating a spectacle. Silly amounts of pyro, Gene Simmons singing from on top of the stage structure, the incredibly over-the-top lighting system, zip-lining over the crowd...damn. My only complaint was that between songs they would spent a bit too long milking the audience, but meh.

Seeing them persuaded me to pick up one of their many "Best Of" collections (you combine their compilations with their live albums, and there's more of them than actual normal albums - that ain't right!) and its pretty decent. There's a couple of songs that have aged really badly, such as Shock Me, but stuff like

still holds up well.
  • Thumbs Up 1

-NOTE: KISS are releasing their first album in over 10 years this year! They'll tour too! It is supposed to sound like their '70s classics!-

I have KISS's full discography. All their albums including live, a couple of compilations and some studio and other live junk such as acoustic recordings of KISS songs.

"Cold Gin", "Strutter", "Detroit Rock City", "Heaven's on Fire", "Rock and Roll All Nite", "Hotter than Hell" - those are some of the songs I like from KISS.

Though to be honest, ever since Unmasked they've never been able to put up a good album. There are only two or three songs from their albums afterward with the exception of Music from "The Elder" and such...

But I'm looking forward to their new album. Boy, what an event that'll be... ^^

That's really something. I was thinking that Kiss would be over after Psycho Circus. That was the last album they dropped and I remember it got mixed reviews. Perhaps the new album will be better. It won't be back to the way they were back in the day, but I'm sure the Kiss Army will love it.

Yeah, maybe it'll have some traces of their '70s sound, but that's it.

Perhaps, I dunno if it'll be the same without Ace and Peter. We'll see! Ace was one of the main reasons Kiss became so popular. He is one hell of a guitar virtuoso that is a force to be reckoned with. Oh well, apparently the core members are Paul and Gene. Without those two guys, Kiss are not Kiss.

I personally find it annoying how Gene constantly sticks out his tongue, but it's his trademark, so... :P