• 2 weeks later...

It is your Destiny.

To see ghosts!

fI04Cfx.png

J0IBxk2.png

YxD8wDs.png

4vJdKwY.png

cv1kuIs.png

The Ghost Edition will cost $149.99 and Bungie says it will truly be a limited production run and availability.

-A steelbook disc case and disc copy of the game
-A field manual with "handwritten" notes
-An "antique" star chart
-A Guardian folio
-4 postcards from the Golden Age (i.e. Earth before the Darkness decimated it)
-The Destiny Expansion Pass ($34.99 value; good for Expansion I and Expansion II)
-Collector's Edition Digital Content (an in-game Ghost skin, player emblem, and ship skin)
-And the centerpiece: a life-size replica of the Ghost robot, complete with lights and Peter Dinklage dialogue samples.

• 1 year later...

Well, we had that server wipe and stuff, and the game's kind of eeeehhhh... so yeah.

I played Destiny for awhile over my summer break (my brother was playing it so I decided to join him, plus he's paying for all the DLC so win-win) and actually got a bunch of stuff accomplished.  Raiding is probably the best part of the game... well Vault of Glass anyways.  Crota's End is super shit, buggy, and not fun at all.  I nabbed a bunch of Legendary and Exotic Weapons and managed to level up another 2 characters to around 28-29 while my Hunter main sits at 32. 

It's fun when you get to a high enough level to actually raid, but getting there is unbelievably boring.  I'm currently rocking a Fatebringer (hand cannon that can fire explosive rounds and then make enemies explode again if you kill them with a precision shot) and Gjallarhorn (super over powered rocket launcher that fires a tracking shot that splits into like 10 more tracking rockets when it hits an enemy) on my Hunter.  I just finished the bounty to get Thorn (poisons enemies and deals damage overtime) a bit ago, but I stopped playing when I realized that I had a lot of other shit I could be doing.

Taken King intrigues me with a lot of its promises, but I'm super bitter that I won't be able to level up Fatebringer to Year 2 status (rip you beautiful little thing).  Thank god they're getting rid of Dinklebot though; it's not going to help the terrible writing, but the Ghost should be a little more tolerable with a better voice performance.

Edited by Nix

I still play this game loads. I mean there are problems with it for sure but one by one they seem to be fixing them and I am okay with that. I have almost 700 hours logged into this game with three level 34 characters now (My Dad, believe it or not, has way more than I do at almost 1000 hahaha). It's mostly a good time waster after work for me when I feel like punching things 'cause I hate my job and I am not in the mood to work on art/music. Plus its something to do with my Dad.

Anyway my thoughts on the Taken King is that so far it seems like everything that they should have done from day one. The fact that the light levels are going away and the leveling process up to level 40 is instead based on EXP gains is a huge step in the right direction. Players, myself included, were regularly stuck at a certain level at the mercy of the RNG gods. Combined with the fact that in the early days the way to level up the armour that you got from said RNG gods was also up to RNG it really made progression slow. They tried to fix that a tiny bit with Crota's End by introducing raid specific materials to upgrade raid specific gear, but it actually just made it worse because now you had to 100% do the raid multiple times just to get enough to get to the max level. House of Wolves was a step in the right direction that you only needed one piece of material to get the gear you already ascended to the max level, but there was still an inherent problem that it required a hard to acquire material. I still have yet to do a 34 Prison of Elders run or a 35 run to get the Etheric Light - instead I opted for Nightfalls and hoping to get the stuff by chance, though the last two days I grinded out Iron Banner to get two characters to Rank 5 just so I could stock up 4 pieces. I finally got my Warlock to 34 and ascended Timur's Lash and Efrideet's Spear (I think thats what its called).

The thing is the fact that gear won't carry over to year 2 is a good thing. I was getting bored of all the new loot because nothing was really better. Everything could just be upgraded, which made looking and acquiring new guns a pain because now I have so many I don't use. I can't bring myself to get rid of a lot of them because the materials they give by this point are useless to me now. So the fact that they are making the new gear progression start from scratch at a new tier is great because I have stuff to look forward to playing around with now. The thing is the old weapons will still be viable in Crucible as the standard mode doesn't take into account the differences in power or level so they will all still function great.

So between the new gear and the new leveling system I am excited - but I am also quite happy they canned Dinklebot and are just hiring someone else to re-record the lines and record new ones. The reason being is, while I didn't hate Dinklebot, his absense in Crota's End and House of Wolves was kind of jarring for someone who was always talking to you through the rest of the game. Sure he didn't say anything meaningful but he was still that companion character that ended up just giving the Guardian the cold shoulder for a bit haha. It felt odd.

I'm also quite excited for the new patrol as well. The Dreadnought seems like a wide open place so far and the fact that they have said that Patrol will no longer be easy mode and actually have places to explore and events to trigger is great. The Patrols as they are right now are simply EXP fodder, so I wonder if they will retroactively go back and fix some stuff with the existing patrols (maybe give us a damn reason to go to Mars again). I highly doubt it - but as long as The Dreadnought provides players like me with a chance to get some gear without having to do the raids (as I never have anyone to Raid with aside from 2 manning Crota) then I will be happy. It seems to me that they are gonna vary up the gameplay a little here and there and that to me is excellent news!

So yeah, tl;dr I am excited that they seem to be fixing much of what I had a problem with in this game.

I still want tho a couple things, like a place to change your guardians look (because why not) and maybe add 3 more character slots to start some new characters on just because haha. Oh...and the ever eternal MORE VAULT SPACE PLEASE.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty excited for TTK as well.

Been playing since launch and yeah it can get get kinda bullshitty at times, or you feel like you run out of things to do/the grind is too much; Destiny is still the game I always find myself going back to because it's simply fun haha. The gameplay is top notch and it's still generally exciting to do at least something in the game (mostly PVP for me but getting excited for TTK to bring me new PVE things to do).

Hearing about the light level being no more is actually really crazy to me, and I love it. It's just so jarring to think that this normal progression we've had the past year won't be that way anymore. This game changes so much and it's just weird to think what lies ahead. I guess out of anything, I'm lamely excited most about weapon balance. I'm not one to whine about Thorn users (as I do myself sometimes, and I main Hawkmoon), but the real reason I'm excited is that I'm happy to pick up some other gun types for once and have them actually be viable in Crucible, Iron Bananas, or Trials. I fucking love my Necrochasm and it's about time I can shred a little better with it soon hahaha.

The whole Dinklebot thing is something I was hoping for, but didn't see them actually doing to tell you the truth. It was reaaaally weird not having your own "Navi" speak to you during Crota or Wolves. Glad they got someone that sounds like he's excited to do it, and I'm assuming is going to be back for some more. I'm just crossing my fingers that maybe they added some Ghost lines for the previous DLCs, but I tend to doubt it.

Also, I'm loving the idea of more brand-name weapons coming. They were kinda always there, but with their own designs and whatnot, it kinda feels like Borderlands in a since, and it'll be fun to find which brands meld well with yourself, and kind of furthering the customization of your Guardian in a way.

Agreeing with the more vault space though. Just this last DLC I feel like I've added so much that I want to hang on to, even if they won't be upgradable in TTK or whatever (is that's what it is or?). I know they're nerfing long range shotguns, and I have my OG Felwinter's with shotpackage/hammerforge/final round, but I also got a Party Crasher +1 and Matador 64 I want to tug around and try out lmao.

So yeah TTK sounding pretty good and I'm sure I'll be spending that 40 bucks wisely. People were complaining about the price (I was at first as well), but looking at my gaming habits, this is an actual 40 bucks I'll probably get my time out of playing unlike some of my other shelved games.

To end (kinda sporadic here but idk how to order all these thoughts right now), I really hope there's a whole new mess of exotics, weapons and armor alike. Crota and Wolves were kinda lacking a bit for me and I want some new, actual good, armor exotics for my Titan. Wolves especially was pretty lack luster in the armor department and still find myself sticking with vanilla exotic armors like Armamentarium and Saint-14 most of the time.

So in case some of you are out of the loop, Bungie will be updating vanilla Destiny to improve the story and mission structure, as well as revamping the levelling system to use XP right the way through until the new level cap of 40, and as previously mentioned, Dinklage is out as Ghost, Nolan North is in. Overall, the update sounds really good, and fixes all of my main issues with the game. I am really glad that they are going back and fixing things rather than throwing the towel in and waiting for a sequel. 

A load of information on the expansion. I think I may buy the expansion after all even though House of Wolves was such a disappointment in my opinion. 

Strangely, I've been loving the House of Wolves, at least a heck of a lot better than The Dark Below anyway. Maybe I'm more into the Fallen than the Hive (though The Taken King sounds like Crota on crack so we'll see after this haha), but I still have fun playing in Prison of Elders from time to time, I like the Reef alot, and Trials is definitely the best thing to happen to Crucible in a long while, even if I haven't played it in a few weeks now. 

Again, TTK sounds like it'll be the same level of hype I was at when I first got Destiny with all it's new bells and whistles. Time will tell if I'll still be as into it (most likely if I've gone this far), but yeah.

As far as like current playing goes, I'm just waiting for god damn Variks to hurry his ass up and summon me back so I can continue my bounty for the Lord of Wolves shotgun. I want that thing so damn bad it's not even funny lmao.

It's also kinda lols. If the PoE titan armor kept the original name of "Wolf Walker" instead of the now current "Kellslayer" name, there would've been the word (or relating to) "wolf" in every equipable spot on your character bar sparrow and ghost shell. There's Wolfslayer auto rifle/Wolves' Leash scout rifle, Wolfborne Oath shotgun/Lord of Wolves shotgun, and Wolves Bane heavy machine gun as far as guns go. Then there's the Wolfcurse shader; Wolf Hunter BKR ship; Symbol of the Wolf, Wolfhunter, and Wolfgrin (not obtainable yet) emblems. Lastly there's the various Wolves class items. The other related things you could tie in are the Hunter and Titan chest exotics "Crest of Alpha Lupi" with wolf themes to it, and I guess Gjallahorn since it has like 85402 wolf heads on it, and wolfpack round of course lmao. Hunter's have dogged caged arms I guess? Though the super sick thing I saw in one of the E3 reveals of The Taken King is that Hunters are getting like an actual wolf pelt cloak to wear (I might have to make a hunter (I'm a sad person I know))

2manydawgs

• 5 weeks later...

I think it would be excellent if they'd just improve the communication.

No keyboard chat and very limited voice chat makes for a rather lonely online experience!

I mean yeah you can manually seek out and form Fireteams, but compare that to a game like Phantasy Star Universe!

Worlds apart of you ask me, at least socially.

Other than that though I really like it. But that's the main reason it's literally just been sitting under my desk gathering dust for the past maybe 8 months.