Awoo.

How does Transformed compare to past All-Stars/Superstars titles in terms of franchises represented?

Barry the Nomad

Sumo Rex, I totally understand what you're saying, but it is obvious that people are quite disappointed with the roster. U said u wanted to re-use old assets for bringing back characters at nearly cost zero, and instead of bringing back true fan favourites, you decided for secondary characters that few people care about. It is the sad truth, whatever reason you guys try to give to us. I'm not flaming, I'm still buying the game and still beeing excited to put my hands on it, but I have to tell you that this decision wasn't the best, if you compare it to the beauty of the game itself and all the things you have highly improved.

I would be fine with it if you guys are planning to release the most wanted characters as DLC, Alex Kidd and Ryo Hazuki are a lot more easy to sell than Pudding or MeeMee

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

At SEGA, doesn't it work like SEGA owns the IPs (obviously) but then there are those within SEGA who control the IP (often the game creators) so that they can give their input on any possible use in crossovers and the like?

And if a SEGA employee who has the say on an IP leaves, they pass it off to somebody else?

It's not quite as simple as that. (In an ideal world it would be)

From what I can gather, the problem is that (especially on some of the older titles) the value of IPs weren't quite as recognised as they are these days. And the contracts weren't exactly clear on who the owner actually was. It's possible some of the IP ownership could be legally contested if it was used without sorting out legally. And who has the time or inclination when there are IPs which aren't contested. It's all about value for money. There is one IP which we tried to use, but the owner wanted to charge a large amount for use of these, otherwise, long dead characters. So again, it's just better for everyone to go with (perhaps) the safer less contested, or costly choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sumo Rex, I totally understand what you're saying, but it is obvious that people are quite disappointed with the roster. U said u wanted to re-use old assets for bringing back characters at nearly cost zero, and instead of bringing back true fan favourites, you decided for secondary characters that few people care about. It is the sad truth, whatever reason you guys try to give to us. I'm not flaming, I'm still buying the game and still beeing excited to put my hands on it, but I have to tell you that this decision wasn't the best, if you compare it to the beauty of the game itself and all the things you have highly improved.

I would be fine with it if you guys are planning to release the most wanted characters as DLC, Alex Kidd and Ryo Hazuki are a lot more easy to sell than Pudding or MeeMee

let me just put all this complaining into perspective....

The complaints are nearly matched by the number of people who have said they like the roster, (here and on the SEGA forums)

The number of both those are small in comparison to the number of silent people on the forums. maybe around 20.

The number of people on the forums (any of them) is VERY small compared to the number of people who will buy but aren't on the forums.

What we're looking at here is just a "noisy few", whose numerous posts skew the apparent opinion.

I'm not trying to belittle your opinions, but just to make you understand how daft it sounds when you say *people* as if it's *everyone*.

Is it true that *not everyone* likes the roster...? Yes

Is it true that the roster is weak? Well that's each persons opinion, but mine is, No. and a lot of people (I can point to actual posts) agree.

Edited by SumoRex

I'm not saying that the roster is weak, I'm just comparing it to the roster from the previous game, and seeing how EVERYTHING from the last game was highly improved makes this roster look a bit "sad" (if that's the correct word)

I know that most of people that will buy the game aren't properly SEGA fans, and a lot of other people will simply be kart racing fans that will enjoy a superb game, but you can't be surprised to find a LOT OF PEOPLE (and I've seen a lot of them) in SEGA related forums that are a bit disappointed with the selection of racers. After all the hype that was created with inclusions like Ryo, Alex Kidd and Opa Opa, it is decided to "replace" them with secondary folks that the majority of SEGA fans like less.

I'd be really curious to know how many people would prefer Pudding, MeeMee or even Gum playable over folks like Alex Kidd, Ryo, Ristar, Vectorman, Bayonetta or Arle (and the list goes on).

that said, you still managed to put some great choices like Vyse, Gilius, Joe Musashi and NiGHTS, folks that I'm really proud to see.

I appreciate our discussion right now, and I'm simply giving you my point of view, a point of view of a SEGA fan and a casual gamer, and I still think that this game is amazing. The tracks, the music and the cameos are more than enough to compensate the roster, and I believe we have a Mario Kart (and not only) beater in our hands.

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Thanks for the info, SumoRex. I thought as much that it was a very tricky endeavor to wrangle up characters.

I think some people might think that since its a SEGA game, the vaults are open to you and you have free reign. But obviously, it can't work like that.

Wonder how SEGA compares to Nintendo in this regard?

I like the roster to be fair, seeing them in motion i can see they fit this game better than saaaay... Chu Chu's or Ryo, Like Barry said if they had added all the characters from last time, then it would render the first game pointless and no one would buy it any more, even though it's a brilliant game you have to keep some exclusives well... exclusive to that game! I'm sad the Bonanza Brothers aren't returning but i'm not crying over it am I? the B.Brothers are simply my main for the first game and always will be, in this game it's not about maining ONE character, looking at the difficulty of some of the challenges from that stream last night has put me into perspective because some events/challenges cannot be completed with your main character of choice because some tracks require handling and quick acceleration, whilst others depend on speed and so on, I can see how clever Sumo were with this game, because they know you'll have to play as every character at least once to get the full experience of the game.

And just a note, Gum, MeeMee and the girl that shall not be named because JezzM have been put in completely off Sumo's own accord, they put the man (and woman!) hours into delivering us some extra characters, Gum has been completely remodelled and looks sexy as fuck,

Pudding

• Thumbs Up 1

Sheesh, yeah, we got to understand that besides being a game for Sega fans, it's a game either way, and despite Sumo's love for Sega IPs, they have to sell their game, and putting lots of obscure characters isn't the best idea I supose. There's lots of Sega fans out there, but probaly not enough to get the needed profits.

Eitherway, if the game really sells well, I bet Sumo will look more toward us, the Sega fans, and make some good DLC. We know they can use Shemnue, Alex Kidd and some others IPs, so they might happen :)

Updated the first page with a (potentially) final list. Big updates!

Added Football Manager and Total War. Also added Wave Runner for a cameo as well as the Space Harrier dragon. Overall All-Stars Transformed has 11 more franchises represented than the previous game.

Edited by Barry the Nomad