Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

It's terrible because it's pretty much Amy's current characterization summed up in one line: She's a mindless fan girl to the point of insanity.
Oooor, she genuinely believes in Sonic, and sometimes characters act according to their emotions rather than cold logic.

It wouldn't be so bad in itself, but then once Silver's finished explaining the situation (well, in his point of view anyway), she then says something along the likes of "Even if that was true..." Ergo, making it look like she'd still stick by his side id he suddenly turned evil.
Like Nepenthe has said, nothing Silver says is proof that Sonic is willingly destroying the world. He says that Sonic's actions will cause it, not that Sonic becomes a cackling villain. And even if he did...is it automatically wrong for the character if she still chose Sonic? The root of her character is and has always been her infatuation with Sonic.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And even if he did...is it automatically wrong for the character if she still chose Sonic? The root of her character is and has always been her infatuation with Sonic.

Well since her Post-Heroes levels of insane fangirlism is one of the exact reasons why a lot of people dislike her, I'd say yeah actually.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really didn't like Knux's characterization in Chronicles. Especially considering that he was picking on Sonic in an incredibly fickle fashion.

We know that Knuckles is envious of Sonic's free lifestyle and lack of obligations and that can generate some degree of animosity from him. But acting like pretty much everyone else in "condemning" Sonic for being away for a while and saying that he's not got any right to steer the way the team goes about things (Not that Sonic ever expressed any desire to do so before. Chalk it up to Chronicles' crapola writing) is pretty rich for Knuckles to say when he's busy guarding a rock on an island in the sky and has no obligations to anyone else himself.

Knuckles being stubborn about Sonic helping him has ALWAYS been there, so I'm not seeing how it's suddenly wrong for Knuckles to have a problem with Sonic calling the shots.

Well since her Post-Heroes levels of insane fangirlism is one of the exact reasons why a lot of people dislike her, I'd say yeah actually.

There's a difference between blind fangirl worship, and having faith in someone you admire greatly. Amy has indeed suffered some pretty shitty writing Post-Adventure, but for everything else that's wrong with it, 06 is by far one of her tamer potrayals compared to the aformentioned Battle, and even worse Free Riders, if you want insane fangirlism that game is the height of it for Amy.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Amy's annoying because she's obnoxiously clingy, not just because she's hopelessly in love with Sonic.

Knuckles being stubborn about Sonic helping him has ALWAYS been there
Where?
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a difference between blind fangirl worship, and having faith in someone you admire greatly. Amy has indeed suffered some pretty shitty writing Post-Adventure, but for everything else that's wrong with it, 06 is by far one of her tamer potrayals compared to the aformentioned Battle, and even worse Free Riders, if you want insane fangirlism that game is the height of it for Amy.

But with 06's writing, no one will be bothered to tell the difference. Because the writing suffered, Amy suffers more heat for it. If they worded it a little better, they could have done better at the "Look, I understand your dilemma, but I think we should think over things for a second before we go trying to kill my sign of affections" message.

And let's be honest, pointing to a worse portrayal doesn't make this one any less crap just because it's slightly better than the Battle/Free Riders ones.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Does anyone know where that last thread about Amy was? About whether or not her character in general is detested in the fanbase or not, or something like that. I can't find it.

But with 06's writing, no one will be bothered to tell the difference. Because the writing suffered, Amy suffers more heat for it. If they worded it a little better, they could have done better at the "Look, I understand your dilemma, but I think we should think over things for a second before we go trying to kill my sign of affections" message.

And let's be honest, pointing to a worse portrayal doesn't make this one any less crap just because it's slightly better than the Battle/Free Riders ones.

Except your reasoning for saying it's crap is flimsy, Amy is shitty because she's devoted to someone she loves, despite the fact that she's ALWAYS been devoted to Sonic?

Does anyone know where that last thread about Amy was? About whether or not her character in general is detested in the fanbase or not, or something like that. I can't find it.

It's been a while since we had an Amy thread.....I really don't feel like making one tho.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Or maybe the scene isn't about logically thinking things through.

Even a "neither of the characters are thinking things through properly" scene should be done with caution, like any other scene.

Bah, confound you 06. You're like a pinata filled with misery.

It's been a while since we had an Amy thread.....I really don't feel like making one tho.

Challenge accepted.

Challenge accepted.

NO YOU FOOL, IT WILL BE NOTHING BUT HATE...HATE I TELL YOU!!!

Edited by Ragna Claus

Even a "neither of the characters are thinking things through properly" scene should be done with caution, like any other scene.
And what caution were they missing?

I meant more because I wanted to reread that thread more than anything...

Edited by Tornado

I meant more because I wanted to reread that thread more than anything...

I'd search for it, but I don't feel like going through 40 pages. What specifically...Oh wait, I know what you're talking about, it was in the Sonic romance topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spinball can be a very fun game once you work around it's rather annoying idiosyncrasies. Like how you can technically control Sonic while in the air, but any actual attempt to do so makes him fly around the screen in a way completely detached from how he should.

I've found that if you play it like a regular pinball game as much as possible (hands off the D-Pad as long as you can) the enjoyment goes up considerably (even though the ball physics don't have nearly enough "weight" to them). The tables are nicely designed and quite clever (at least the first two. Kinda falls apart by the third one), and it does a pretty good job with its SatAM-esque presentation (occasionally bad artwork notwithstanding). Even the music is great, so long as you run it through an equalizer to clean up the distortion caused by the shitty sound driver.

Edited by Tornado

How come in the bonus games, Robotnik resembles his Classic design, but in The Showdown, not only does he look different, but he also SOMEHOW becomes three times larger than Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 MONTHS?! Spinball was made in 9 months?! That I did not know...

And it was STILL a better game than 06, despite me being perpetually unable to get past the first level...

9 MONTHS?! Spinball was made in 9 months?! That I did not know...

And it was STILL a better game than 06, despite me being perpetually unable to get past the first level...

Well, Spinball wasn't near as ambitious of a project so that would explain some things.

How come in the bonus games, Robotnik resembles his Classic design, but in The Showdown, not only does he look different, but he also SOMEHOW becomes three times larger than Sonic?

He found and ate Sonic's chilli dog stash? :B

Also the way I understand the bonus stages - the guys in there aren't actually Robotnik, Sally Acorn etc... it's meant to be Sonic playing a pinball machine, right? So they're just models.

D'awww look at Sonic's widdle pudgy face.

SonicSpinball-BonusStage3flv_snapsh.jpg

Edited by Mash-It Mambo
  • Thumbs Up 1