Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

So how 'bout dem Sonic Blast zone names?

Green Hill Zone (really?)

Yellow Desert Zone

Red Volcano Zone

Blue Marine Zone

Silver Castle Zone

Very creative.

That was the point when it comes to this game, its the order of colors in the rainbow, except without violet(purple) and replacing sky blue with silver.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thankfully the names are a lot better if English isn't your main language, especially when you're younger, but "Secret Base" is just dull,  "Desert Ruins" too even though the extra S was funny... mostly because I didn't expect them to do that.

Unleashed and Colors had GREAT names.

I to this day will never understand what's so scary about the Tails Doll and why people freak out about it. Seriously, that thing is not scary and never will be to me.

I to this day will never understand what's so scary about the Tails Doll and why people freak out about it. Seriously, that thing is not scary and never will be to me.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks he is scary. It's a joke.

I don't think it's supposed to be literally frightening.  It's just that it looks creepy in a funny way, in the same vein as WeeGee.  It's not so much that he literally looks like a horror movie figure as much as he just looks humorously disturbing.  Hard to explain the mindset, but it's not really a matter of "wow, that thing looks like it could literally kill me!"

It's still a kind of annoying meme, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hard to explain the mindset, but it's not really a matter of "wow, that thing looks like it could literally kill me!"

After all the reactions I've seen, I find that a little difficult to believe.

Shadow, 06, and Lost World had some really unimaginative zone names. The Doom, The Ark, Central City (yeah, let's just name it the place rather than try to be creative), Tropical Jungle, Lava Mountain, Desert Ruins. Really? I feel like some of Unleashed's stage names tried too hard to be impressive sounding such as Jungle Joyride which makes no sense as the Werehog (Skyscraper Scamper is an awesome level name though), like pretentiously fancy for the sake of fancy, you know. But at least they were original. Lethal Highway was a good name too.

I liked how the handheld games did it aside from some weird exceptions like Huge Crisis which is just odd. Dead Line sounds appropriately climatic, Twinkle Snow really gets across the calm atmosphere, Chaos Angel sounds intense and is Angel Island so yeah, Blizzard Peaks sounds wild and edgy, and Altitude Limit gets across the scale and height of the structure.

A lot of Sonic stage names reuse similar words, but I don't take much issue with that as long as it's not as bland as "Tropical Coast" or "Sky Road". Maybe it's the fact there are more games now than then so the zone names feel more old hat.

After all the reactions I've seen, I find that a little difficult to believe..

Well, I'm sure there are those who take it seriously, but I don't think that's where the whole meme originates.  I think the wider audience is aware of it being simply a joke, but then there are those who getting a little too invested.

Beating the game with or just unlocking Tails doll, gives you a slightly creepy screen...

tdoll.jpg

People just took this and exaggerated it to ridiculous degrees from then onward.

Except when it comes to Archie's Tails Doll. That thing was a real freaking nightmare in itself.

Except when it comes to Archie's Tails Doll. That thing was a real freaking nightmare in itself.

Much as I hate the Tails Doll meme and the fact that Flynn gave into it, I do like that it had some mutated forms to actually make it freaky at least. I also kind of like it feels somewhat rooted in how Metal Sonic transformed into the Metal Overlord in Heroes, actually. I'd have been happy if Tails Doll didn't come around, but, meh, I can't completely hate how it was used to disable New Mobitropolis's defenses and that sort of thing.

Didn't the Tails Doll in Archie comics turn into a vagina monster?

Not keen on the Tails Doll meme myself. Not only has the meme overstayed its welcome, but I don't know why everyone freaked out about the poor guy. I think he looks kinda cute actually. =/ Ok it IS weird that he's just an emotionless doll who floats around silently but he looks cute! *shrug*

Didn't the Tails Doll in Archie comics turn into a vagina monster?

Yes, then they changed it after the Genesis Wave.

Time for me to bump it up!

This is fairly unpopular: I didn't find the driving stages(Route 101/280) in Adventure 2 that hard.

I mean yeah the not getting hit by walls or cars were difficult but weren't possible, I usually slow down when I needed to and then quickly accelerate after overcoming said obstacle, heck I think they're fun levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hard or not, they're still bloody awful. Monotonous are incredibly long even before you consider the consider that could be failed after the most minor, singular mistake. Had there been any more mandatory levels like them they'd seriously have been a big hindrance on the game.

Even with only two of those stages, the game still isn't that great.

Yeah it would be a bad move to add more driving stages but atleast they fit in with the story, well atleast Route 101. 

Even with only two of those stages, the game still isn't that great.

I didn't said it was though. Adventure 2 did have a lot of problems but I can still enjoy it. 

On the subject of Sonic Adventure 2, I actually really enjoyed the treasure hunting stages. While the decision to make the emeralds only appear on your radar in a certain order was a rather stupid one, I actually liked taking a break from the high speed action to just relax and look for treasure in wide open areas.

I hated Death Chamber, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the subject of Sonic Adventure 2, I actually really enjoyed the treasure hunting stages. While the decision to make the emeralds only appear on your radar in a certain order was a rather stupid one, I actually liked taking a break from the high speed action to just relax and look for treasure in wide open areas.

I hated Death Chamber, though.

I too enjoyed the Treasure hunting levels and Mad Space was the only level I truly despise, I can tolerate Death Chamber or Egg Quarters.

With Sonic Adventure 2, I'd sooner try to complete Meteor Herd and Mad Space than I would even think to play any Kart level. I mean, at least Knuckles and Rouge's controls were actually functional; the Kart controls seemed more like they were trying to work against you than anything.

• Thumbs Up 4

Shadow's vehicles in 06 handled better than the karts. Yes, I'm serious. They're barely functional, but still better than the karts. God I fucking hate the karting levels so much.

Oh and NO CHECKPOINTS as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I too enjoyed the Treasure hunting levels and Mad Space was the only level I truly despise, I can tolerate Death Chamber or Egg Quarters.

Yeah, Mad Space was definitely Rouge's worst level; it was overly huge and the gravity gimmicks weren't well implemented, but at least I could see the whole level, whereas with Death Chamber I was just wandering from room to room, corridor to corridor.

Funnily enough, Mad Space's counterpart, Meteor Herd, was actually my favorite Knuckles level. I couldn't say why.

I loved the treasure hunting stages too.

I can't decide whether I like the ones in SA1 better or not. They played more like sonic's levels, which was nice, but I think SA2’s had better hiding spots, plus SA2’s were designed specifically for treasure hunting.

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally preferred the hunting stages from Adventure 2. They were more open and explorable, while the ones in Adventure felt more confining, though were still enjoyable.

I had no problems with the different gameplay styles in the SA games.

That said, I completely agree that Big the Cat's gameplay style was bad, though I didn't hate the character himself because of it.

• Thumbs Up 3