Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Gohan might have been able to, but from Vegeta's PoV, it wouldn't accomplish anything long-term. Buu would be destroyed, and everyone would believe Mr. Satan did it or it was all just a dream...which puts them in the crosshairs of another enemy in the future with them being unable to do a thing about it. Using the Spirit Bomb not only kills Buu, but shows the Earthlings that they are capable of defending the Earth just as much as Mr. Satan, and the Z Fighters.

But they erase the memories of the entire fight, and what Buu had done so that Aesop is kinda broken. 

Goku used a similar argument for why he couldn't be the one to defeat Fat Buu when he had the chance, opting instead for the next generation of heroes, Goten and Trunks, to be the heroes instead. Vegeta just extends the argument on a much larger scale.

yes, and because of that the saga dragged on longer than it needed to. Seriously, if Toriyama was trying to convey certain messages throughout the story, then it shouldn't come at the price of actually telling the goddamn story. Vegeta's Sacrifice, Goku not beatin Buu when he had the chance, and not bringing Gohan in to fight. It's all so stupid.  

How was SSJ3 all that prominent when it was shafted in favor of Fusion, which was shafted in favor of Mystic Gohan, which was shafted in favor of the Spirit Bomb?

Gotenks had Super Saiyan 3, and then Goku uses it again in the fight with kid buu. And this isn't even getting into all of the new Super Saiyan 3's.

Yeah. Honestly, I think they should have just called Gohan's SSJ2 an ascended SSJ1 or SSJ1.5, or SSJ3 should have just been called SSJ2. Kind of Toriyama's fault for deciding there are three significantly different forms with SSJ2's design not being much different than the first to begin with.

2's design changes are more subtle; the hair gets spikier and stands on end, eyes get narrower showing off more forehead. the golden aura gets more violent, and of course, the sparks. I honestly liked it for it's subtly, a natural progression. I always thought Super Saiyan 3 was a bit of an exaggeration. SSJ4 gets a pass for at least looking unique rather than "MOAR GOLD HAIR"

But they erase the memories of the entire fight, and what Buu had done so that Aesop is kinda broken. 

The wish to Shenron was to erase the people's memories of Fat Buu. Buu's destruction is still in everyone's minds, the fact that Fat Buu was initially the culprit is not.

The Shonen Jump 2008 special has reporters asking Mr. Satan explicitly what he plans to do now that it's been two years since Majin Buu's destruction. And with Battle of Gods mentioning Tarble at one point, the special is effectively integrated into canon.

Edited by Joshua

Vegeta's idea to use the Spirit Bomb was pretty stupid if you ask me.  They could've just wished back Gohan and had him stomp Buu into a bloody pulp, hell I think Goku actually wanted to do that.  

But Vegeta said no.

They could've gotten away with the Buu saga ending at Vegeta's sacrifice really.  Then have a short epilogue in the Other World.  I bet King Yemma would let Vegeta have his body back if Goku asked (at least, for a short while) and then they could continue their fight from where it left off before Buu came into the picture.  It'd probably end as the battle starts with a few punches and kicks, and ultimately let the reader decide who's the victor in the end because of how evenly matched they were back on Earth (and SSJ3 wouldn't even have to exist).

But Kid Buu was the strongest form of all, and Gohan was overshadowed by Buu when he absorbed Gotenks

Edited by Polar Vec

Kid Buu wasn't the strongest, he was just the most dangerous because of how batshit insane he was.

oh crap, I just made a power level debate.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude..he was the strongest. The fucker blew up an entire solar system and killed EVERYONE, Fusion wasn't enough to stop him, SSJ3 wasn't enough, it only took the combined strength of everyone on Earth to put him down, and even then it had to have a full powered Goku to back up him.

He's the strongest.

But Kid Buu was the strongest form of all, and Gohan was overshadowed by Buu when he absorbed Gotenks

Not really; Kid Buu was technically one of the weaker forms, but its sheer unpredictability and total lack of restraint makes it the most dangerous one. At least the other Buu forms can be reasoned with to some degree.

2's design changes are more subtle; the hair gets spikier and stands on end, eyes get narrower showing off more forehead. the golden aura gets more violent, and of course, the sparks. I honestly liked it for it's subtly, a natural progression. I always thought Super Saiyan 3 was a bit of an exaggeration. SSJ4 gets a pass for at least looking unique rather than "MOAR GOLD HAIR"

You're right, but to a lot of people it wasn't noticeable until it was explained, especially with SSJ3 and SSJ4 being big visual differences.

Dude..he was the strongest. The fucker blew up an entire solar system and killed EVERYONE, Fusion wasn't enough to stop him, SSJ3 wasn't enough, it only took the combined strength of everyone on Earth to put him down, and even then it had to have a full powered Goku to back up him.

He's the strongest.

No, he is not the strongest. The only reason he did that was because he had no sense of reason. He was pretty much just an animal. There was no fused Z warrior that faced him, Goku couldn't handle SSJ3, and Goku just needed to go back to normal power.

Edited by MugiMikey

He's the strongest.

No, Kid Buu just said "fuck it" and blew up the earth just because, Super Buu could have done the same, he just had enough sanity to want to fight people before blowing it up, or just eat. Goku only lost at Super Saiyan 3 because it was draining the fuck out of him, they were more or less equal in their fight, Goku was just losing power rapidly. Super Buu could at least be reasoned with, Kid Buu was just an insane fucker who lives mostly on instinct.

I guess that makes sense, I just really consider all these Buu forms to he one person sans Fat Buu, so when I think of them as a singular entity it makes it easier for me to believe he's the strongest villain.

Ahhhh, Vegeta's sacrifice to save his widdle boy Twunks, awww. :3 That was so awesome, seriously I love the bit where he winds both the kids to save them, the only way he knows how! XD. I think the version I saw was with the Ocean cast, and being a Drummond fan I think he did a better job of it.

Eh, anyways....  yeah DBZ constantly increasing the power of enemies and making the previous transformation look like shit. Way to go. :s Vegeta really should have had a main bad-guy kill. :(

I guess that makes sense, I just really consider all these Buu forms to he one person sans Fat Buu, so when I think of them as a singular entity it makes it easier for me to believe he's the strongest villain.

The Buu forms are all one being, more or less, with "Kid" Buu as the base Majin Buu.

The Buu's are all one entitiy, they just have multiple personalities based on who's in control. Or in the case of Kid Buu, no personality to speak of. All of them more or less have the same power level tho sans when Super Buu absorbed Gohan, Gotenks and Piccolo.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Kid Buu is just the same character but before absorbing the Kais and therefore with absorbing their power he also absorbed their temperament, which kept him in reasonable check right? :s So surely that means Kid Buu is weaker but has less control...

Oh geez, DBZ debates. WHY?!

I especially disliked the Buu saga, and GT.... original Dragonball and the first few sagas of DBZ though? Great stuff. In some ways I wish they'd cut it at the end of the Cell Saga. Gohan wins the day, takes over as the toughest fighter on earth from Goku, all is weeelll yaaaaaaaay. In some ways I see Dragonball as Goku's story, and DBZ as Gohan's... 

In case you were wondering which was the strongest Buu...

MajinBuuSuperKid_zps5b9be6c9.png

Its implied that Ultra Buu (Buu after absorbing that one Kai) is stronger than both Super and Kid Buu.

Isn't that just Super Buu after he aborbed Gohan but ripped off his shirt........FUCKING POWER LEVELS.

Isn't that just Super Buu after he aborbed Gohan but ripped off his shirt........FUCKING POWER LEVELS.

Nope. That one was thinner and had a nose. tongue.png

...Which reminds me of what Vegetto said after he punched him in the nose:

"Your nose is bleeding. You were better off when you didn't have one."

Edited by MugiMikey

He also had some snazzy pants and even more bulging veins.

Wait, wasn't Super Buu the one who smashed  up the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

HE'S THE TIME EATER!!

Edited by MamboCat

He also had some snazzy pants and even more bulging veins.

HE'S THE TIME EATER!!

Piccolo did that.  Because Gotenks is an idiot.

Piccolo smashed the entrance. Super Buu is the one who proved there was another way out by ripping through dimensions.

HE'S THE TIME EATER!!

Yes, but he technically didn't destroy anything in the Room of Spirit and Time. Piccolo destroyed the entrance and Buu destroyed the lookout after he escaped.

Talking about Buu makes me sad, let's talk about something else.

Ok, people. Favorite non-saiyan or Namekian character go.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Talking about Buu makes me sad, let's talk about something else.

Ok, people. Favorite non-saiyan or Namekian character go.

Remember...

launch.jpg

...Lunch? She's pretty much my favorite Dragonball character because she would from innocent girl to batshit insane gunner girl in an instant.

Oh and she's pretty hot either way...

Shame Toriyama forgot about her.

In Z though my favorite character would be..

cell1.jpg

He's a fucking troll on epic levels. I'm not sure if he counts as a non-saiyan since he has saiyan DNA and what not.

Also..

androids.jpg

They're pretty awesome for androids.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

I like Kuririn, Videl, Yajirobe, Muten Roshi, and Tenshinhan. Oh, and Upa.

They were all nice while they were relevant, but least Kuririn kept a pretty major role ever since his first appearance until the last saga of the story.

I've always liked Videl and Mr. Satan. Two otherwise ordinary humans that have the heart and valor to do what's right like the Z Fighters.

I also have appreciation for King Furry oh god is that where this term started.

King_Furry_Trans.png

Ruler of the entire Earth, but cares for all of his subjects, and is very concerned for the safety of his people. A good king, through and through.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 4