Awoo.

What do you want to see in the next Sonic game?

hangarninetysix

Hyper Sonicman as the final boss.

Well, if Metal were to be playable, it would be nice to see an embittered Mecha Sonic as the final boss. Also, the Spin Dash should come back, the boost nerfed and the regular jump height should be higher than it was in Colours. And a level based around sounds. I even made a boss for it, as described in the "Create your own Sonic Boss" topic:

How about the Eggmobile with two giant stereos on the side blasting Sonic with soundwaves? And Eggman shooting razor CDs and MP3 player grenades? For an added bonus, if Rouge is playable, have the soundwaves be a OHKO.

If a member waltzed in here and said the following:

"I want Sonic to marry a frog and get his ass waxed in the next Sonic game

I want Knuckles to suddenly transform using his car from ASRT to be the ultimate super mech against the clutches of evil that is Dr. Bowswer in the next Sonic game

I want AP Calculus: Sonic Edition

I want Shadow to reveal his true lust for Chris Thorndyke, on the half blown up moon that Eggman destroyed in SA2 (but revealing that it was actually blown up long before that in Sonic CD after they traveled back in time via Generations)

I want me co-staring in the next Sonic game called Good Hedgehog, Bad Hedgehog: Secret Agent Badass Squad. Me as bad hedgehog of course."

I'd probably give them a strike for spam. It's fun walking the edge of a loop hole in a topic all the time, but we kinda expect people not to take advantage of it for the sake of keeping the topic going, and to not make everyone loose their minds. I consider what I just did as well as you did before hand as spam, and urge you to make an effort to your posts instead of a list (and please keep them reasonable and not spamishly outlandish).

Thanks.

So you gave yourself a strike?

I'd like to see the writers manifest Knuckles supposed "Shyness around women". Its an interesting character trait that could lead to some funny scenes with Rouge and Amy or something.

• Thumbs Up 5

I want to be able to play as Luigi

What, the Olympic Games aren't good enough for you, Solkia?!

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd like to see the writers manifest Knuckles supposed "Shyness around women". Its an interesting character trait that could lead to some funny scenes with Rouge and Amy or something.

Indeed. It gets even more severe with Rouge, who (allegedly) knows how the men's mind work.

...It would just be a little hard to make Knuckles blush since he's... red.

I want the writers to continue with the whole "sarcastic little prick" thing they had going on for Tails in colors. It reflects his growing self confidence and development really well.

• Thumbs Up 3

I want the writers to continue with the whole "sarcastic little prick" thing they had going on for Tails in colors. It reflects his growing self confidence and development really well.

...And have Tails become a SSMB member as a landmark of his growing confidence?

• Thumbs Up 6

Hmm... From what I've seen of the cutscenes from Sonic Colors I don't think I would describe tails as a prick. I thought the character interaction between Sonic and Tails was really good in that game. Bromance FTW :D

Doesn't really mean much from someone who didn't even play it, I know. But I don't have a Wii or a 3DS so I'm SOL in that department.

@Palas: I'm not entirely certain what you're implying with that, but I'll say: No.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

If playable characters are in the game, I'd want to see them as likeable, three-dimensional characters that will become the first stepping stone to getting rid of the critics' beliefs of Shitty Friends Syndrome.

...And have Tails become a SSMB member as a landmark of his growing confidence?

I laughed irl.

Erm, I dunno tbh. I don't really think about it that much, I kind of take what I like and dislike about each game as it comes.

I wonder if Special Stages are feasible in 3D without wonky controls, because I would love to see more of those. Sonic Heroes tried but it felt very stiff and non-responsive the closer you got to the ceiling. Sonic Generations had emeralds but those were gotten by beating optional bosses, which wasn't such a bad alternative to me personally. It's just very offputting that the emeralds are for the most part gotten during cutscenes for you in the main titles (if Super Sonic is even needed), while in most 2D games they're practically necessary to collect if you want the good ending.

Edited by Coral

I want to see them build upon the customization in Generations, and maybe bring back Gem abilities. Also I want the Spin Dash back.

Sonic Generations had emeralds but those were gotten by beating optional bosses, which wasn't such a bad alternative to me personally.

You might already know this, but there were Special Stages in the 3DS version of Generations.

And in my opinion, they worked well.

You might already know this, but there were Special Stages in the 3DS version of Generations.

I knew about them yeah but I haven't been able to play them myself since I don't have a 3DS. :\ Good to hear they found a way to fix it though!

They were a bit too easy though.

Yes, they kind of were. I hope SEGA ups the difficulty levels of Special Stages in future 3-D games to around the levels of Sonic 4 Episode 2. In other words, not too hard, yet not too easy.

Weren't they a rehash of Sonic Heroes's, which in turn was one of MANY rehashes of Sonic 2's?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

What do I want to see in the next Sonic game?

*More playable characters than just Sonic. Seriously, they've been doing this in nearly every game for the past five (going on six) years, and it's gotten old.

*The return of deeper, more story-driven plots. I don't know about anyone else, but in just about every modern Sonic game as of late (especially Colors and Generations), I've found the storylines to be incredibly underwhelming.

• Thumbs Up 1

*The return of deeper, more story-driven plots. I don't know about anyone else, but in just about every modern Sonic game as of late (especially Colors and Generations), I've found the storylines to be incredibly underwhelming.
We don't need deep plots. We don't need terrible plots like Colors either, but if they try doing something too complex it'll just take away from the main aspect (gameplay) and inevitably it'll look like "trying too hard".

*More playable characters than just Sonic. Seriously, they've been doing this in nearly every game for the past five (going on six) years, and it's gotten old.
If you can't keep a series interesting with one character, adding more isn't a real solution.

We don't need deep plots. We don't need terrible plots like Colors either, but if they try doing something too complex it'll just take away from the main aspect (gameplay) and inevitably it'll look like "trying too hard".
Only if they're shit at it. You can write a perfectly good story without getting in the way of the gameplay.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Only if they're shit at it. You can write a perfectly good story without getting in the way of the gameplay.
Well, I'd say the real problem is that overcomplex stories rarely go well with Sonic, and we've seen various examples in the past.

That's another thing I'd like to see - a story that's well-written, has great characterization for everyone (not just Eggman) and while not as epic as the likes of, say, Sonic 06 (or at least, it tried to be epic, but...), it would still be fufilling.