Awoo.

What do you want to see in the next Sonic game?

hangarninetysix

250x387x75x0.png325px-knuckles_27.png

image.png178px-ASR_Shadow.png190px-Rouge_17.png

I suppose I should feel bad for this. =P Don't know about you guys, but I'm seriously rooting for more playables in the next Sonic game...

You know it's bad when Joker even wants Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 4

Here's what I would want.

* An actual Spin Attack and Spin Dash. These elements were crucial to the original games. However, I miss them now.

Sonic still has the Spin Attack, unless you mean get rid of the Homing attack.

You know it's bad when Joker even wants Shadow.

Not really. There are lots of people here who were rather fierce in their dislike of Shadow before being indifferent and seeing room for improvement, prior to you becoming a member. Diogenes was one of them. Heck, I could make a list of those I can still remember.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

• Sonic World-esc location were you can interact with unlockables
  • Playable characters (Sonic, Tails, Kunckles) with unique "Super" abilitys, similar to the Wisp powers in colors (Sonic lightspeed dashes though specail surfaces, Knuckles drills underground and spindashes up walls, Tails can fly)
  • A real story; basicly Unleashed mixed with Colors
  • Implementing Classic machanics such as momentum based platforming and rolling
  • Boost having a cool down meter or only usable when at running speed

These are big ones for me, but I'm cool with whatever Sega and Sonic Team decide to do.

A story with a middle, rather than just a beginning and an end. A few more characters, not necessarily playable, to make more events occur in that story. Diverse locations that don't simply retread old themes or use the same themes repeatedly.

- The degree of lovingly detailed world-building prevalent in Unleashed. The world the games are set in is huge and vibrant and has very varied environments and I'd love the next Sonic game to elaborate on it further and have even more loveable NPC's. Minor pooint but It'd also be call to see anthro NPC's too. Sonic and co can't be the only talking animal people...

- The high standard of characterization the Storybook games had combined with the vibrant and more down-to-earth mannerisms of characters exemplified in Colours and Generations. More bromance between Sonic and Tails please and I really want to see characters outside of Sonic, Tails and Eggman get some screentime. Orbot and Cubot returning would be brilliant too, love those two guys. Their interactions with Eggman in Colours were fantastic.

- Interesting stories that actually push the boundaries of characters and result in character development that sticks.

- The Hedgehog Engine's potential being more realized and utilized. Unleashed did realism right but then Generations did fantasy right as well regarding visual direction. I'd love to see a midpoint between Unleashed's more realistic settings combined with the more fantasy-esque feel that stages like Generations' Sky Sanctuary put across.

- Complex level design that embraces Sonic's speed rather than is set against it. Possibly taking Colours' formula by introducing new Sonic forms that give prominence to emergent gameplay?

• Thumbs Up 8

What do I want to see in the next Sonic game? Well, first and foremost - the freaking STORY with SUBSTANCE. Other than that, I want other playable characters: Shadow(most of all), Knuckles, Blaze, Tails, Silver or Metal Sonic. Hell, I'd like to play as almost any other character other than Sonic and maybe the chaotix (Espio being an exception, he's pretty cool).

And I also want more CG cutscenes. Colors only had a beautiful but short opening (I'm not counting the ending and a couple of other short cutscenes since they do not look that nice) and Generation had nothing.

I'd also love to see a return of the adventure style gamplay without unnecessary 2D parts and I'd love to hear more of Crush 40 or Jun Senoue.

Oh yeah and more actually insane-and-intimidating Eggman's robots like this one.

Dez2finalboss.png

or better like this one

Altar_Emerald_Bosses.png

Edited by ArtFenix

Also, if they continue with hub worlds and side missions, don't make them required. Having to collect crap or do side missions to unlock the next level is dumb. BUT, if all side missions were completely optional, I don't mind them being there.

As much fun as I had with Generations, being forced to do some side missions before I could move on was stupid. I'd MUCH rather wait and do those things after the main game is over

Not really. There are lots of people here who were rather fierce in their dislike of Shadow before being indifferent and seeing room for improvement, prior to you becoming a member. Diogenes was one of them. Heck, I could make a list of those I can still remember.

Have you read any of Joker's posts regarding Shadow...?

Have you read any of Joker's posts regarding Shadow...?

Plenty. I tend to keep an eagle's eye on people who hate any character, so I know he doesn't like the character.

My point is the attitude is nothing new.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Less reliance on 2D sections. More expansive and vertical 3D areas. Yeah that even means open fields and platforming. Even just spaces as open as Emerald Coast's in-between areas. Vertical places like Lost World's puzzle walls. Platforming like Chun-Nan's spinning discs.

I want to run on a curved wall. Not a boost-wall like newer games. Round things like Pyramid Cave. With better physics.

I want vertical like when you jump from a high point in a 3D Mario game and hope you hit solid ground. Vertical like jumping a rail in Final Rush, using the bounce to fall like a stone and praying you hit that two inch rail, hell yeah. I like rails, give me rails that don't suck anymore.

A subway chase. Boulders, military trucks, arm robots. What about trains. Why didn't this happen in Radical Train?

Can we have some secret routes? Video games used to be big on secrets. I want to tunnel through a wall again.

Lastly I want Eggman to try and steal the Master Emerald again. It was a washed out plot in 2002, but that was ten years ago. I want playable Knuckles or Shadow. Either one. A game with a nice balance of two playables. Sonic and one of the above. Less boost, new mechanics.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like some secret paths too. But, now a days, if there truly are secrets, people would complain that the game didn't tell them it was there (perfect example being that hidden shine sprite on the beach in the hun world of Super Mario Sunshine. If I had a nickel for every LP of that game I've seen where someone whined that the game had no warning that that was there...)

Id like them to go back to appealing to older teenagers more than the younger audience. I feel as though recent Sonic games had a younger audience in mind when it comes to Sonics attitude and interactions between other characters.

Edited by Random Rhyme 3rd Verse

Id like them to go back to appealing to older teenagers more than the younger audience. I feel as though recent Sonic games had a younger audience in mind when it comes to Sonics attitude and interactions between other characters.

How about no and we stop being entitled bastards over who they should appeal to more? Older fans are no more deserving of appeal than younger fans are, so if anything they should be going for appeal that both groups can enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd like to see Tails become playable in the next game in the same way as the unleashed/colors/generations Sonic, but of course, he could fly.

Maybe in the next game they could do the same with Knuckles and make him just a little slower and let him do things such as glide, dig, and climb.

I'd really like to see them make Amy playable, it would be so fun to destroy badniks with her hammer! But I doubt that Amy would be playable.

I want to see these characters playable because ever since unleashed, it's just been Sonic, and in my opinion, it's getting pretty boring just playing as him. The Sonic fanbase is very hard to please, first they said they wanted ONLY Sonic playable, and now that Sega has done that, people are asking for the other characters to be playable.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see the levels a tad more open world styled than Unleashed and Generations.

For me the levels in the recent games seem to have very narrow paths and almost rail like sections..

I think they need to find a balance between what we have now and the open world style of SA1, SA2 and Sonic 06..

I'd also like to see some more creative camera angles used during levels, Giving them a more of a cinematic feel.

I want to see:

*Blaze, Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, Rouge, Cream, Amy, Silver, Marine playable

*A much darker tone than Generations

*Sonic angsting over Chip

*open world gameplay

*Sonic VS Robotnik (no machines)

Whoa, there. That's 9 characters plus Sonic. Ten freaking characters who would need to have varied playstyles. If people already complain about a few characters, imagine the flak this would get?
  • Thumbs Up 3

Those are to damn many characters.

A much darker tone than Generations

>Sonic

>Dark

lol

WHY

Cause Eggman would totally get in a fist fight with Sonic. Besides thats stupid, breaks Eggman's shtick and can't work in any conceivable way.

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I want to see:

*A much darker tone than Generations

*open world gameplay

1. I would like more playable characters, but your line-up (counting Sonic) makes more characters than 06 - and look how well that turned out. Also, as much as I like Marine, how on earth would she play like the current Sonic games?

2. Again, there was 06 and Shadow. Look how they turned out.

3. Sonic + Angst = NO. Also, that was, what, three games ago? You'd think if he DID angst about it, he would've gotten over it by now.

4. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

5. That would mean one thing. Easiest. Boss. EVER. Also, fighting you in a machine is pretty much his trademark style, like Bowser on a bridge with an easy-to-reach switch and Wily in a machine and teleporting pod that can only be fought by fighting the 8 Robot Masters again.

Since the above posts seem to involve Eggman...

Fighting Eggman in a President Eggman Mech, maybe?

Or maybe Eggman in a special suit, with an orbital cannon, kinda like this guy from No More Heroes:

Edited by Malpercio

Sonic and Amy to hook up, or at least have some kind of interaction beyond "lol i stalk u". I'd like a deep plot with catastrophic results should Sonic & co fail, like SA1 and SA2.

Mainly though, make some other characters playable - Knuckles, Tails and Amy at least. DO NOT PUT TAILS IN A MECH! angry.png

For Sonic, utilise the modern gameplay from Generations, I really enjoyed it. For Tails, make it around running and flying, maybe with the classic Sonic gameplay from Generations? It'd be like Sonic 3 then. :3

For Knuckles, I'm fine with treasure hunting myself, but I'm not sure what new thing I'd want. Not a brawler, though. For Amy I'd like her to actively attack things and not always be running away or chasing Sonic. She could offer a ranged/melee option when paired up with Sonic or Tails, maybe?

Also, not relevant to the game itself, but I'd love to see the Adventure/Rush/etc lineart/colouring style, rather than renders.

Just some things off the top of my head and yes, they're probably crap. tongue.png

Edited by Heybunny