Awoo.

ART: JezMM [Riders Amy/Pirahna Plant Gijinka/2B/Rouxls Kaard]

JezMM

I must admit, the lighting confuses me. Pics 1-3 seem to indicate the light is moving from the back-left to the front at a very wide angle, but that clashes with it suddenly moving behind and right in the following frames.

The frame where the light is directly behind her also looks a tad odd without any kind of highlights on her. I'd have thougt there would be at least a little glow around the edges- arms, legs, etc. Just a little.

The drawing is great as usual though!

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as the approach is concerned, I imagined the light source as coming towards her from the foreground and then past her, as if she was standing next to a road with a passing car at a 3/4 angle.

I totally agree with the light behind her panel being off though, I knew it was as I put it together but I had run out of steam at that point and decided to be cheap and rely on the ball of light's movement distracting the eyes from such a detail.  Had I had more energy I prolly would've done light around her as you suggest.

I presumed it was meant to be moving from front to back, but the way the light creeps across just doesn't look quite right for it. Wish I could be more descriptive with this, but words fail me at the moment.

So you apply shadows as colour then? I can see why that would really drain you, doing the same pic over and over.

Personally, I just use a layer of black and drop the opacity as required, reshaping the shadows as different layers. Easier, but probably doesn't look as good as your method when complete.

Ah yeah, single colour shadows tend to decrease how vibrant a picture feels overall compared to coloured ones so it's worth putting the extra time in.  Though depends on the picture, I have found them useful when wanting to get a particular sense of lighting across in certain images.

I understand what you mean though!  If I had to make a guess, it may be because the light source goes straight across horizontally.  I probably should have decreased it's size slightly each frame to imply a 3D space a little more.  It would've been super quick but the eyes would still notice.

Warning: SFW Lingerie

4sg3.png

Despite Daisy being a total hottie I pretty much never see any nsfw art of her I like so figured why not give it a try myself.  A nude version of this is on dA, Pixiv, and the usual other place that won't require an account to view.

tumblr_n7hwv28SY51s8insfo1_1280.png

And here's Miss Pauling from TF2.  Tried to go for a look sort of between her comic and animated looks.

EDIT: Figured Daisy could use a spoiler tag since it is a little suggestive despite being fully covered.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

tumblr_n7ng6i23yk1s8insfo1_1280.png

Carbo's Panodra, a birthday pressie.  This is a little out of nowhere because we’ve only ever chatted a handful of times, but I’m a big fan of his music (which naturally I just had to listen to while drawing this for inspiration), and I’ve always really liked his characters, Pandora especially, so birthday time seemed like a decent excuse to finally draw her.  This was a sort of semi-quicky but I’m pleased with how it came out, and she was fun to draw.  She’s a character who likes fashion so I ad-libbed her outfit a little for funsies while generally keeping it close to her usual look.

tumblr_n7q8c118Ic1s8insfo1_250.png tumblr_n7q8c118Ic1s8insfo2_250.png

Zoey from L4D Pin-Up.  Okay so this is something I actually started drawing last August… no it hasn’t taken me a year to draw it, I just got bored and never finished it.  But I came across it again and was like “y’know even though it’s nearly a year old I don’t hate how this looks I should finish it before I do”.  I did it on an effort budget though in the sense that her clothes do not cast any shadows on her or each other… because this was drawn as a nsfw piece and the clothing is entirely layered.  To provide shadowing that appreciates every possible combination would be not impossible but a fair bit of work.

I’ve uploaded a .sai or .psd file on deviantART so you can choose your own adventure with how much or how little she’s wearing lol.  Though it is nsfw so you’ll need to have a dA account and be over 18 to access it, but haven't included the link here just to be on the safe side.  It is not difficult to find so just go have a looksie if you want to.  I didn’t intend to provide such a thing when I was drawing this but I quickly realised that by splitting up all the clothes with the intent of providing a version that anyone is into (topless, bottomless, nude but still wearing jacket, hair up, hair down etc etc), it would involve… if my maths research here is correct… 512 different images, lol.  Well, a fair bit less since the choice of ponytail or hair let-down would always be one or the other, and naturally vest top + bra + panties combo would look the same as a vest top + no bra + panties combo but… why are you still reading this nonsense and why am I worrying about it go look at boobs.

1jed.png

And finally - I'm not hugely into the limited palette art scene but figured I'd try out this meme.  Mollfie suggested Shantae with #20.

Was originally thinking of using black lines or using the darkest colour transparent over the other colours to make shadowing but decided to keep it 100% pure.  I still have the original sketch so I might make a regular coloured version at some point.  Took about an hour altogether.  Video of me making it here:

• Thumbs Up 5

tumblr_n87s8nEvbM1s8insfo1_1280.png

I’m gonna be honest now I’ve discovered I can draw Daisy I kind of wanna just draw her all the time I am having such a Daisy obsession lately.

Another new dress design like I did with that one Peach pic a while back.  Was sorta going for something that might be plausible in the actual games because it’s so boring that her dress is barely more than a palette swap of Peach’s.  She deserves better.  Turns out it’s hard to combine her rambunctious, sporty personality with a dress that is still befitting of royalty.  Thanks to Mollfie for suggesting the tulip skirt style.

tumblr_n7wnvaiDql1s8insfo1_500.gif

I was sent another suggestion for that limited palette meme, but for my own character Rani.  I… dunno why but I felt like doing something totally weird and experimental with it.

tumblr_n85vnwmHlw1s8insfo1_1280.png

tumblr_n85vnwmHlw1s8insfo2_500.png

I was genuinely inspired by this post I reblogged on my personal tumblr.
A new test for character design: “The Babs and Kara Test.” Your characters only pass if the audience could still tell them apart if they were wearing identical bathrobes and had their hair completely wrapped up in towels

Named for the time DCAU had Batgirl and Supergirl hang out in bathrobes with their hair up in a towel and needed to make sure their hair was slightly visible so the audience could tell which was which: [Picture in above linked post]
So here’s six gorgeous individuals from Phantasm Dyad, with no colour either just for bonus no-seeing-skintones challenge.  Can you tell em apart?  Can people familiar with my characters already name them all?
I haven’t drawn for over half a week due to illness so this was very quickly done as an easing myself back in exercise… probably not the best time to be drawing something that depends on appreciating all the little details of your character designs.
There’s no answer sheet because if you need one then I have failed at art and must quit immediately forever until next time I draw something.

tumblr_n7weunIuZ51s8insfo1_500.png

Here's a regular style colour job of that Shantae pic because honestly I'm not hugely into limited palette art so the lines felt wasted on that.

Finally, since I'm currently halfway through this year's 52 Friday Fanarts, I made a little compilation of them over on tumblr here.

• Thumbs Up 4

Huh. That character test is actually a great idea. Might have to try that myself...

Although I must confess, I'm unable to name 'em all! I'm struggling with (left to right) 2, 3 and 4.

The Daisy redesign is interesting. Not sure about the long gloves- I though she wore wrist length ones? Also the flower shoulder pads are a bit unusual. Interesting all the same though.

Just a single piece update today:

tumblr_n8bpnjdWSF1s8insfo1_1280.png

The missus and I have gotten back into swimming every week lately and last time we went I just got this picture in my head and it refused to leave.  I kind of went the extra mile on it and I’m glad I did because it ended up coming out almost exactly as I’d hoped.  Maui is my fave character of hers so this ended up quite a bit on the pin-up end of the scale.  You could say it’s a gift for her in the same way buying lingerie for your significant other is a gift “for them”.

Huh. That character test is actually a great idea. Might have to try that myself...

Although I must confess, I'm unable to name 'em all! I'm struggling with (left to right) 2, 3 and 4.

The Daisy redesign is interesting. Not sure about the long gloves- I though she wore wrist length ones? Also the flower shoulder pads are a bit unusual. Interesting all the same though.

2 is a bit of a curveball just to be difficult - my newest character Hope (aside from her bodyshape and (due to my same-face syndrome) very subtle uniqueness to her eyes and face, her signature recognisable "thing" would be the eyelashes towards the middle of her eyelids).  3 is Rani, she's my tallest girl though becomes surprisingly less unique once you remove the obvious clue of her being my only Indian character.  4 is Laura, surprised you couldn't guess this one, she's been around a while and is the only character of mine with freckles!

Long gloves were an intentional difference that just seemed right for me considering the dress is sleeveless.  Honestly the more I look at the shoulder pads the more I think they're weird too.  They looked great on the simple pose I initially designed the dress in, but somehow this more dynamic pose ruined those.  Iconic as it may be though, I really wanted to move the Daisy motif away from her chest to further separate her from Peach's dress.  Thanks for the thoughts anyway!  =D

• Thumbs Up 3

*looks again*

Somehow I got my numbers mixed up- I meant 5, not 4. And now that you mention it, Rani is more obvious. I kinda forgot she was taller than the others... My bad!

As a thought, perhaps Daisy's symbol would fit better slightly off centre on the orange belt/ sash?

I know I only ever seem to comment whenever something looks off to me, but there's only so many times you can go to someone "dude, that's awesome" without getting on their nerves, y'know? :V

But I will add your latest one is awesome in so many ways. The usual high grade colour and shading, the detail beyond the window, the natural blur gradient, the water...

Great stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

*looks again*

Somehow I got my numbers mixed up- I meant 5, not 4. And now that you mention it, Rani is more obvious. I kinda forgot she was taller than the others... My bad!

As a thought, perhaps Daisy's symbol would fit better slightly off centre on the orange belt/ sash?

Oh! 5 is Alice. I was making a joke to Molly actually how she kind of lost the most individuality due to having such a neutral design as my main girl, whom ended up as a base for all the other girls as I developed my style. Alice is "the one who doesn't have anything unique about her face". I mean she has a unique eye shape but for a while I was drawing all my characters eyes like that etc.

...God knows this challenge would collapse if I had done it in the comic's style.

I really REALLY like that Daisy idea though. If I draw this design of her again, I'm most certainly gonna try and remember to do that and ditch the shoulder pads.

I know I only ever seem to comment whenever something looks off to me, but there's only so many times you can go to someone "dude, that's awesome" without getting on their nerves, y'know? :V

But I will add your latest one is awesome in so many ways. The usual high grade colour and shading, the detail beyond the window, the natural blur gradient, the water...

Great stuff.

I understand, I'm better at pointing out negatives in things regardless of lots of positives too! And thanks!

4ird.png

This is Demi from Cloudbuilt, a fairly cool indie 3D platformer with a focus on parkour and speedrunning (but fairly enjoyable just to casually play through too).  I actually first played it at MCM just randomly and was a little intrigued by it there.  When it reappeared in my life via the Steam Sale it became a no brainer to grab it.  It is a ridiculously hard game but I sure felt good just about scraping through to every ending as a result, though no way I’d have the patience to get into the speedrunning scene.  One of the final levels took me through a good 50+ lives.

But my thoughts on the game aside, Demi has a super cool design and I loved the soundtrack, and since I was desperate to draw the former while listening to the latter, huzzah, this results.  I’d like to draw a more dynamic pic of her some day perhaps, but I can never do such a thing with armour-clad/robotty characters the first time I draw them.

tumblr_n8mlqsvr2I1s8insfo1_500.gif

Just a doodle inspired by eating dark chocolate orange rice cakes in jammies at 1am and watching the rain outside.  Don’t tell Mollfie I was eating her ricecakes.

tumblr_n8ciyqYS9P1s8insfo1_500.gif

As is the case with pretty much any picture I’m especially proud of, I didn’t record myself drawing this but thought I’d throw together a process gif via the layered/WIP files.  The entire loop totals just over a minute and a half to watch.

As a small bit of trivia, in the first few frames you’ll notice she has an extra little detail of wearing a public pool locker key bracelet around her leg.  I axed it before colouring because it was making the lower half of her leg look too short.  Also, not shown here, at one point I drew her goggles at the correct size required to fit her giant cartoon eyes/head.  The curse of such a style is that oversized eyewear looks fine when in use, but looks like a comically oversized prop when held.  In the end I sort of went for something a little smaller than what would fit her but a little larger than reality.

Final version is just a few posts above this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

A small but a rather sexy combo update for today.

5626ff.png

tumblr_n8okcafJ5E1s8insfo2_500.png

Felix suggested I draw this one-off gal again.  Guess she’s a two-off girl now until further notice.

Also I finally got round to finishing another sequence of the Kay comic.  It's not as nsfw-heavy as the first one but still contains adult content so only on my nsfw tumblr and Pixiv.  Read a 5 page preview on deviantART here (dA Account required due to a Moderate Mature Filter - I was gonna post just a one page preview here too but really even the sfw pages are filled with a touch too much of combined innuendo and fanservice than I'd be comfortable posting here).

• Thumbs Up 2

You can draw water.

You are God.

Loljk, but man these are some great drawings, I like the Maui one the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

Well time for an update, obviously lots was lost due to the board rollback but you can always manually view my art on deviantART, tumblr or pixiv if you're looking for something that was posted here previously.  I recommend the tumblr link since you can easily see the month of upload there (stuff missing from this thread will be in the months of July 2014 to Feb 2015).  Be warned that while there is nothing objectively nsfw out in the open on these links (unless you have a logged in account with them set to display), there may be art that is more suggestive than I'd usually post here, or the odd picture or two that I put additional censoring on in the ssmb version just to be on the safe side, but not anywhere else).

Anyway, have some sexy Nintendo ladies:

tumblr_nkvam0ihKj1s8insfo1_1280.png

Version with an extended background in the spoiler:

tumblr_nkvam0ihKj1s8insfo2_1280.png

Also some Phosphora from Kid Icarus.  Technically there's less skin shown here than the above but the pose is a little more provocative so click to view:

tumblr_nkrvr9YzTg1s8insfo1_1280.png

And finally a little doodle of Alice from today since I've been super busy and need to keep my drawing juices a flowin':

tumblr_nld39abyhe1s8insfo1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 8

Damn Jez, I love your Nintendo ladies. Um... can you maybe do... haha... Zero Suit Samus in that style :)?

tumblr_nlq3lnZs1C1s8insfo1_1280.png

Rainy Dais.  Super quickie I did before work today, took about an hour 10 minutes.

tumblr_nlkp04s9Wi1s8insfo1_1280.png

I recieved individual suggestions from different people to draw Ulala and Samus (the latter being Noelz here in this topic just a little above this post) but then thought “hey they’re both space babes who fight aliens in PVC why not both”.
The Ulala person actually asked for lewds but I don’t think I can, Ulala’s just too stylin’ I can’t imagine her that way. 8C

tumblr_nlo2ir159g1s8insfo1_1280.png

Man it’s been ages since I’ve drawn any random gift art but I really liked and wanted to draw this lady by megaxlex (I forget if they're a member on here or not D= ).  Was just a super quickie but I’m pleased how it came out.  Plus he drew me acutie Venus ages back so about time I returned the favour!

In addition to the above I did a massive dump of stuff from my A6 sketchbook, mixture of fanart, funnies and ladies, including a Professor Layton comic.  View them here from the most recent one.

• Thumbs Up 6

Once again, you've outdone yourself, Jez! I love Daisy's Chain Chomp beanie! And Samus looks like she's trying to maintain a reserved, professional image despite being broadcast across multiple planets

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_nmfwxo712u1s8insfo1_1280.png

My character Alice.  Just something to get back into the groove with since I visited family over the weekend and didn’t draw at all while away.

tumblr_nlzztbARJP1s8insfo1_540.png

And something I doodled while hanging around with friends last week.

When it comes to female player representation I don’t care hugely about playing as Zelda since I’ve always liked the slight blank slate quality of playing as Link in the Zelda games, but I see literally no reason whatsoever why they can’t introduce a gender option to the series, in fact it is due to Link being a blank slate that they’re so suited to just throwing a gender option in.

While some of the Linkle concept art from Hyrule Warriors was cute/cool/sexy as hell, in reality I’d want female Link to retain male Link’s androgyny, at least when all garbed up in the hero’s clothes (nothing wrong with a bit of surprise fanservice at certain points a lá Link’s shirtless wrestling scene in Twilight Princess but for the general appearance I would hate to see a female Link design be arbitrarily sexier to differenciate her from the male one - I know that’s rich coming from a guy who draws a lot of sexy girls but there’s a time and a place!).  She should also have Link’s trademark body shape, somehow managing to simultaneously look strong with a fair bit of muscle to justify all that action and lugging stuff around, and yet retain a weird dorky and scrawny look at first glance.

Oh and of course ideally they could also just let you just choose which model you want visually without any labels on either one to try and avoid binary gender representation but y’know, baby steps.

In addition I'm really proud of the new pic I did of my nudist character Rhubarb, as slightly seen in my current signature banner.  I won't link directly but a censored version can be found on my art tumblr and an uncensored one in my other art places, so go check it out if you care for such stuff.
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_nmx15g7LI21s8insfo1_1280.png

Full Background Version:

tumblr_nmx15g7LI21s8insfo2_1280.png

Attempt 2 to draw something while listening to Say Lou Lou’s album was more of a success.  Also said album is amazing.  Used a photo ref for the pose.

Two alternate versions here (both are technically sfw but depict her more scantily clad than here, you've been warned!).

You can also see the doodles from "Attempt 1" here, both are pretty bad, though now in retrospect you can see how one of them was sort of a "first draft" for the above pic mood-wise.

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_nnbxj7iLCb1s8insfo1_1280.png

Amethyst from Steven Universe

(Spoiler'd due to slight suggestiveness):

tumblr_nn2retrjNR1s8insfo1_1280.png

My PSO2 character Beatroot with my friend's character Aina V as bunnygirls (we had these costumes in the game of course, to clarify lol).

And some other doodles (spoiler'd for tidiness):

tumblr_nnbh305Um51s8insfo1_1280.png

Louis and Zoey Left 4 Dead Sketchy

tumblr_nnbkopZcio1s8insfo1_540.png

tumblr_nnbkopZcio1s8insfo2_540.png

tumblr_nnbkopZcio1s8insfo3_540.png

tumblr_nnbkopZcio1s8insfo4_540.png

tumblr_nnbkopZcio1s8insfo5_540.png

A little artistic insight to my process.

• Thumbs Up 7

I think you and I have the same art process. :3 Real talk I got a good laugh from that when I saw it on tumblr lol. Good stuff Jezz, keep it up. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, which straight male doesn't like boobs? Can't say I blame you. And you draw pretty nice boobs.

But, yeah, keep it up, Jezz.

• Thumbs Up 1

XzyI4Y.png

Just a single pic update today.  My character Kay.  Apparently forgotten how to draw interesting poses so I at least put full effort into the fashion here.

• Thumbs Up 2